Is trampas green prone to fading?

LSchefman

Historical Entity
The reason I brought the subject up is this baby needs to be hanging out on display.

AqTxLUa.jpg

Beautiful guitar!

But maybe what it really needs is to be given the TLC and protection of a case when not in use?

Broseph

PRS Fren
2yVGJAE.jpeg

4 yr old model. No fading under the rings. And this was not a case queen with a lot of wear, surface scuffs/scratches, and hardware Patina. Seems like it was gigged with. I’m happy I acquired it earlier this year for a good deal. I don’t stress with keeping it perfect

RickP

Established 1960, Still Not Dead
I read an interview with Trampas Ferree, the PRS employee and namesake of the color, and he said the base stain is gray before the green is applied over it. So the gray that may be more obvious over time is actually the base showing more as (I’m assuming) the green fades over time. Mine hasn’t faded at all, but I’ve only had it for a short time. It never sees its case, being out and played regularly, so if it’s going to fade it won’t take as long as a cased one. Beautiful color, though!

Broseph

PRS Fren
I saw it was discontinued. Seems like Eriza green glows/bursts/etc are the new green wonder