Is this top patter "normal"

My choice between those two would be neither, BUT I’m also very picky about my favorite toys and put a lot of patience and effort into making sure I get it right the first time. By right I mean a maximum of things that appeal to me and a minimum of things that don’t. It’s like a lock and key and I can just tell when it fits.

When I bought my 594 I window shopped everything I could find for weeks before I found mine. I just wasn’t seeing anything that really stood out and called my name, and for $4-$5k I didn’t want to settle. I was honestly about to give up when Eddie’s got one in from their first 594 Wood Library run that immediately grabbed me and wouldn’t let go.

All I can say is that three years later I still haven’t seen one I like better and I love to look. Rather than any regret, I’m SO happy I had the patience to let the right one find me.

May the right one find you :)

I really feel it is a light reflection issue , makes it look weird . if you send it to me i will be glad to study it under several different lighting conditions,.
only then can we all make an intelligent decision .
think it over ill PM my address when you decide , I really don't need your return address just leave that blank.

The important reply content here is that people don't agree. They have different taste and criteria.
So the peer group cant provide you with a coherent answer.
Have the confidence to go with what you like :)

BTW, choosing a PRS by looks is especially hard for me.

At the end of the day - I've ordered the second one. I find it beautiful, and somewhat more appealing to me than the "quirky" one from the original post. Traditional is not bad :) Plus I need to hear how it sounds as well (obvious).
Sweet! Congrats!

I'm very curious how it's going to be. The best guitar that I have right now is the Fender Stratocaster Elite Shawbucker, and so far I've been playing PRS guitars in music stores - it's been magical. I really like the pickup selectors on the 35'th anniversary model.

Thank you all for your opinions. I always thought that the idea of "forum" is almost dead in the modern-days internet, but apparently it's not ;)

Back