Is this the best of Zach Myer’s runs?

When did that start? I have some with trem spring covers that aren’t (I’ve even got cores with those), but all my SE SC’s have recessed toggle and cavity plates.

I think it’s a newer aspect. I know that was a gripe about S2’s for a bit. I haven’t played a new SE in probably 3 years now since I stopped traveling for work.

I think it’s a newer aspect. I know that was a gripe about S2’s for a bit. I haven’t played a new SE in probably 3 years now since I stopped traveling for work.
Oof! I’m noticing it now on a pile of SE’s, interesting they’ve reprogrammed the CNC machines to omit that now, even on models that previously had them.

Oof! I’m noticing it now on a pile of SE’s, interesting they’ve reprogrammed the CNC machines to omit that now, even on models that previously had them.
That’s every model now that isn’t core level or above. Silver Sky’s cheat by omitting the tremolo cover. But SE, S2, and CE do not have flushed cavity covers for reasons unknown

That’s every model now that isn’t core level or above. Silver Sky’s cheat by omitting the tremolo cover. But SE, S2, and CE do not have flushed cavity covers for reasons unknown
It’s not for “reasons unknown”, there’s a significant savings in labour for skipping the recessed backplates. It’s just… what’s the point in exploiting a foreign workforce if we can’t get nicer things?

I thought this was the best looking run of ZM guitars but mine was disappointing in the end. On the plus side, the person I sold it to still loves it. I guess it just wasn't for me.

I thought this was the best looking run of ZM guitars but mine was disappointing in the end. On the plus side, the person I sold it to still loves it. I guess it just wasn't for me.
Bummer.

Mine's smoking.

fZ79XIW.jpeg

bHLjzO7.jpeg

and with its Wood Library cousin:

6ksI2vP.jpeg

I have an SE and a modern CE with non-recessed backplates.

It has zero impact on how they feel and play, and I totally forget about it until threads like this arise.
i’ve had them snag shirts up that i like. i feel it’s a short cut that cheapens the product.

I think I’m going to get me one of those! Even the “ordinary” flame top ones look great. It looks like they slice up 1 core ten top into 20 or so se ZM tops, lol! I have a vivid imagination..

BTW, in reference to your poster, I just finished Dave Grohl’s book, Storyteller. While I was always a fan, I’m even more so now. Really good, FUNNY, read, and an amazing person.

That ZM is no “Pretender”

Even without the stain, those would look tasty.

i’ve had them snag hair up that i like. i feel it’s a short cut that cheapens the product.

Sorry not sorry!;)

Back