Is this something we'll ever see from PRS?

toothace

Zombie Thirteen, DFZ
This morning's YouTube feed included this interesting nugget...not sure how the construction affects tone in this case...:p

I can't see PRS making one - at least not in the 'near' future.

I do think this is quite cool though - maybe not my favourite Pick-up arrangement (looks a bit odd in a SC LP-type guitar). I can see those on the internet using this as part of their argument about 'tone wood' and how that doesn't matter - a whole guitar of 'metal' so no 'tone wood'. Of course I know that any material that is rigid has a 'tonal' quality - Brass bells for example have a 'tonal' quality when struck and I would expect this guitar to have some of the resonance of its material in its sound too.

If I had the money to spare, I would perhaps consider a guitar like this. Not necessarily as my 'main' instrument but more as a talking piece, something I could literally keep anywhere without worrying if it gets dropped or knocked over, knocked off the wall or sat on by mistake. There are a fair few ways you could make this more 'aesthetically' interesting, make it more 'versatile' - switch from a 3 SC design to a 2 HB or 2HB with a middle SC design all by just unscrewing the plate the Pick-ups are mounted on to a different plate - something like the Swiss made 'Relish' guitars where you can pull of the back and just drop a Pick up out and pop another one in in literally seconds.

The holes in the body, obviously reducing weight whilst also being strong, could be more aesthetic too, maybe have some cool design made out of either the 'holes' or the material. I could also be lit using LED's. It would be interesting to see how the frets wear - probably not at all with Titanium. I wouldn't want the scalloping though.

Its interesting but for now I will stick with PRS - at least until these become readily available and incredibly affordable - by which time, I may have acquired at least 1 of the majority of PRS models I love...

The only possible name for this guitar should be "Locutus" (of Borg). Resistance is futile.

It’s a tin top.

facepalm.png

The only thing Wrongway Malmsteen is a virtuoso of, is being a self aggrandizing clown

The people making the guitar also seemed to be pretty full of themselves as well.

Why, if it's such a strong neck, does it need an oversized heel? Did they not actually talk to a guitar player before designing this thing?

i expected the neck to be thinner. in any case it sounds like a mailbox.

The people making the guitar also seemed to be pretty full of themselves as well.

Why, if it's such a strong neck, does it need an oversized heel? Did they not actually talk to a guitar player before designing this thing?

"Just got back from a trip to Stevensville and, well, f@c&in' A!!! Due in...however long it takes to print one a them f@c$er$?"

10x200g-Bags-Cold-Spark-Firework-Machine-Ti-Powder-Remote-and-DMX-Firework-Fountain-Titanium-Materials-Wholesale.jpg

Next up in the year 2300 - tone metal.

“It’s a big mistake to use titanium and stainless steel. Too much high end and thin sounding. I prefer the mid range plonk of figured brass. The grain helps transmit tone.”

Now if they could adapt this technology to make underpants that won’t blow out in the back... they’ll really have something.

'the first stainless steel neck'?

nonsense. There is the Gittler.

I completely agree with using alternative materials for guitars. My ideal guitar would have no wood in it at all.

Back