Is this PRS a bastard one-off, custom order or something else?

They did do some regular sigs with stop tails but that would have had something on the headstock:

small.jpg

Very nice! :cool:

There are a few Tune-o-matic guitars from that era floating around. I'm guessing someone replaced the winged tuners with Klusons, but later switched back.
You can see the repair from earlier tuner screws. Did PRS share a screw on the top tuners like that? Ever?
And why is the strap button under the neck?

You can see the repair from earlier tuner screws. Did PRS share a screw on the top tuners like that? Ever?
And why is the strap button under the neck?

Yeah, I believe they're called wing turners and had the the top two turners share a screw. If you look at this you can tell that's the way it goes.

m9F-7EPupxkvpAx6Hwr-Nnw.jpg

As for the strap button some people like it that way. You could just drill the old one out and put a new button there are fill the hole on the one behind the neck and move that back up.

Yeah, I believe they're called wing turners and had the the top two turners share a screw. If you look at this you can tell that's the way it goes.

m9F-7EPupxkvpAx6Hwr-Nnw.jpg

As for the strap button some people like it that way. You could just drill the old one out and put a new button there are fill the hole on the one behind the neck and move that back up.

Right, the original winged tuners were modified Schallers and they had to grind down the D and G screw tabs in order to fit the headstock. In the mid-90's, they introduced a second version (not Schaller made) of the winged tuners with no more shared screw.

Back