Is this PRS 24 DW a joke ?

echoesinthegarden

I asked PRS customer service is this guitar for almost 3000 euro looking good and I got answer, that I can expect good design quality only in top10 and others most expensive PRS guitars.

So I woud like to ask people, if you spend 3000 euro for a guitar, is it bad to expect something ? This guitar was in original box, not opened, and they didnt even cover it with foil or something to protect it in gigbag, so I got it with skrech/crack on top of head. I have never got a new guitar without this kind of protection. Even cheap guitars are more protectd for shipping.

My wife said that this guitar looks worst than ours cheap ones for 600-700 euro and it is true. This one looks worst than every guitar I ever had and it is most expensive I ever had. So it must be a joke.

Its wasting my time, now I need to pack it back, set it up with the store, do the papers, and return it, and I really dont have a time for it because Im a doctor and I got a lot of work in this time.

It is unbelievable that someone released this crap on market and its unbelievable that they say its ok, its only a guitar for poor 3000 euro so why to bother.

Oh and take a look at promo photos od DW24 - this one is not even close to what they show on promos.

q2nyM1t.jpg

Did you see any pictures of this specific guitar before you bought it? Yes, that smudge on the lower bout looks like some kind of defect and I'd return it, but if it happened in shipping, it's the fault of the shop from which you bought it, not PRS.

I have seen two others PRS DW24 on photos from shop - they were also not so good, but it was 2019 and they were older version.
So I choosed other shop now and new version, it was impossible to have a photos. It was orginally packed and the shop is in other country, here we dont have any shop with this model. I cant just go to Europe for tour to see the guitar.
But it doesnt matter, guitars look different on photos on shops websites than in real life.
What does matter, that paying thousands euro you cant be sure that you will get a good made guitar, I dont expect perfection, just decent look. I have almost 20 guitars in my collection and this situation is unbelievable, this quality is a joke. And the PRS said - there is nothing wrong. This quality in this price range is nothing but ****. They shoul sorry for this and for wasting my time.

I have bought bad looking cheap Ibanez recently and they sent sorry for it and recompensation. It was 1000 euro guitar and they treated me far way better. When I bought medium level Fender with desing issue, they admited it is wrong and they apologised for a problem and wasting my time. There was a lot of this kind of situation in recently few years, and PRS is way below other in this. For 3000 euro I want decent made guitar, not **** like this. Never PRS, I will stick to Fender and Gibson, you can be sure that buying more expensive models you will get good quality.

I bought a first gen DW24 right when it first came out. Loved it right off the bat. 2 years in and the finish is coming off the fret board and the top layer of paint is chipping away on the bottom horn. And I know everyone will say about the fretboard, "well did you wipe it down and take care of it?" Yes. I have a 93' American fender strat plus with a maple board that is still in immaculate shape. It's a workhorse of a guitar but it just seems a little soft and not to the standards of other CE's I've seen out there. I'll hold on to it, mainly because I believe it's decreased in value and I would get maybe half of what I paid for it.

you're on you way to having a natural relic'd guitar! Isn't that a risk with most satin guitars?

My first satin finish and will probably be my last. Maybe it'll be worth more in 10 years from the relic, lol. It still doesn't explain the finish on the fretboard.

I asked PRS customer service is this guitar for almost 3000 euro looking good and I got answer, that I can expect good design quality only in top10 and others most expensive PRS guitars.

So I woud like to ask people, if you spend 3000 euro for a guitar, is it bad to expect something ? This guitar was in original box, not opened, and they didnt even cover it with foil or something to protect it in gigbag, so I got it with skrech/crack on top of head. I have never got a new guitar without this kind of protection. Even cheap guitars are more protectd for shipping.

My wife said that this guitar looks worst than ours cheap ones for 600-700 euro and it is true. This one looks worst than every guitar I ever had and it is most expensive I ever had. So it must be a joke.

Its wasting my time, now I need to pack it back, set it up with the store, do the papers, and return it, and I really dont have a time for it because Im a doctor and I got a lot of work in this time.

It is unbelievable that someone released this crap on market and its unbelievable that they say its ok, its only a guitar for poor 3000 euro so why to bother.

Oh and take a look at promo photos od DW24 - this one is not even close to what they show on promos.

q2nyM1t.jpg

EUR3000 for a DW... if it weren't for a pandemic you could easily fly to the US and pick one up for that money...

“.... now I need to pack it back, set it up with the store, do the papers, and return it,”

End of story. The rest is just a bitchfest.

No company in the history of the world is perfect. However, PRS is as close as humanly possible. In my experience, which is fairly broad, no other guitar company offers the consistent high level of performance of PRS.

Sh*t happens. Return the guitar.

Last edited:
“.... now I need to pack it back, set it up with the store, do the papers, and return it,”

End of story. The rest is just a bitchfest.

No company in the history of the world is perfect. However, PRS is as close as humanly possible. In my experience, which is fairly broad, no other guitar company offers the consistent high level of performance of PRS.

Sh*t happens. Return the guitar.

Truer words were never spoken.

Back