Is this normal?

mabands

Last year I bought my first PRS, a CE22. Just a great guitar.

Then about two months ago I came across a used S2 Mira and was thoroughly impressed. I even liked it better than the CE22. I bought it without even thinking much about it. I liked it that much.

Then, because I like the S2 Mira so much, I bought a Vela that should arrive in a few days. I blame all of you that rave about the Vela so much. ;)

What the hell happened? Is it normal to get hooked like this?

The S2 guitars at used prices are an absolute steal in my book. I just couldn't help it. Now I have to figure out what other guitars to sell to cover getting these.

Last edited:
You’re normal. The Vela is one one my favorite guitars ever. I sold mine (with the intent of replacing it) and some other guitars to fund an artist SC245. I love the SC245 but I still miss the Vela. It was a go to guitar. I almost got one back but didn’t have enough money yet. The good thing is that as good and consistent PRS are, I’m certain when I do get another Vela it will be as great as the one I sold.

I’ve never really understood this multiple guitar acquisition stuff. I mean seriously, who needs more than one? :confused:

One of each - that is!!! :D:D:D

Hunting down Number 5 right now - if I can't get it in Fire Red Burst, I have my eye on a nice Charcoal Cherry Burst instead....I know it will be the odd one out in the family, but I can always say it was 'adopted' LOL

OP,

Your eyeballs need blinders if you wish to avoid spending money on guitars. Though many might realize that if you keep talking about guitars, you'll keep buying them.

I really like the look of the S2 Singlecut Standard. But I think I'll be set with the Mira and Vela for a while. I hope.

I've also checked out the Mira (previously owned 2), but like the versatility of the SC coil-taps, and 3 way toggle. I've forgotten what you get with the Mira (coil-taps?), but only the 1-volume, 1-tone. For not much more cash, the S2 SC is a respectable choice...

Back