Is this fake?

Mulchie

zHAynMI.jpg
7mCsisA.jpg
0iNigOt.jpg
eh9F73p.jpg
SvbE99Q.jpg
acpsjFJ.jpg

Yeah I thought $1200 was too good to be true so I started investigating. The front looked good but that pic of the back gave it away. I just google imaged Santana Brazilian limited and seen a knock off that had the same back plate. And I seen a real one and the back plate was really nice looking. Also the serial number didn't make sense. The first number was made in 92 or 02 and the last numbers we're made in 94. I was pretty sure it was a fake I just needed some expert info to be sure.

Alright thanks guys. Saved me from making a $1200 dollar mistake.

Glad to hear you didn't get stuck with that. The way that "abalone" inlay in the center of the body was done is just terrible. It looks like the route for it was cut twice as wide as the inlay and then filled in with a whole lot of filler.

I'm seeing this more and more. Guys grab a fake from China, gussy them up and pass them off to the unsuspecting. If you were ready to drop $1200, you can get great stuff. You can get an S2 for $700, and either a CE or a Core for $12-1500 if you really look. Heck, GC had a beautiful McCarty for $1500 (used of course) at my local place. You're well placed to get an excellent guitar - just a bit of research and luck and you'll be rocking.

everything is crooked, the strings run at angles from the nut

the bottom strap button doesnt even line up

you should turn him in.Ive heard of chibsons but never would suspect a PRS
Never suspected PRS wake up Thailand is flooded with them and they make there way into usa and Europe and Prs know about it i know of a fender strat 1965 copy that fooled an expert x fender employee who worked there for 36 years case and paperwork inc this is china style rolex watches perfect $25 gets me angry

Never suspected PRS wake up Thailand is flooded with them and they make there way into usa and Europe and Prs know about it i know of a fender strat 1965 copy that fooled an expert x fender employee who worked there for 36 years case and paperwork inc this is china style rolex watches perfect $25 gets me angry

boy im out of the loop. Im new to PRS and i love them I like out of the ordinary.
I have ab EG-4 and a Chris Henderson signature 3 PU, and a custom 24 10 top.
and my first was an se zach Meyer .
im starting a small collection. bought from local people . but I could easily be duped.

boy im out of the loop. Im new to PRS and i love them I like out of the ordinary.
I have ab EG-4 and a Chris Henderson signature 3 PU, and a custom 24 10 top.
and my first was an se zach Meyer .
im starting a small collection. bought from local people . but I could easily be duped.
Paul should put some policing and security in place to protect his customer fans as well as his good self and better trackable registrations hologram certificates maybe i am sure something could be done to offer a genuine Prs

Don't know if you folks saw, but there a youtube vid by a guy named ChinaguitarSceptic. He does an unboxing and, rather than being a skeptic, basically says (aside from some tuning and electronics issues) that it's totally great. Looks a lot like a core. First this one:
- then, Jeez folks it was so bad I really needed to buy another so this one:

Skeptic my ass.

Back