Is this CE 24 legit

xkcdone

Hello everyone,

I'm in the market for a used PRS bolt on.
I have this guitar on my radar and would like to know if you see anything wrong with it, as i have no previous experience with a PRS. Contacted tech support and they confirmed the specs are okay.

pictures below:
r9LXa3r.jpg

gIXxhSn.jpg

GNuBw1h.jpg

P37OSK2.jpg

BvjEjLF.jpg

R26yKID.jpg

Thanks for your help!

It is, but someone replaced the pickup rings and used the wrong mounting screws.

At least you can rest assured the PUs won't be falling out anytime soon!!

Hey! Who says you can't good fixings from B&Q (Home Depot)! Maybe get a rattle can and spray it gold (off camera "Sergio, there's another job here for you!")

That is sweet! You better snap it up before Sergio does!:rolleyes:

He could glare at this one too!

Last edited:
Spend some time playing it. The proof is in the pudding. And if you can take it into a quiet room and play it unplugged. Pick every note up the neck on each string to see if there is any fret buzz or dead spots. Bend the each of the stings in various location to see if it frets out. It's a guitar, albeit an exceptionally well made guitar, so if it has any issues they'll likely be the same issues as other guitars. But as long as it wasn't abused, and it doesn't look like it has been, I would guess it is fine. I typically don't like to buy guitars without having played them before buying. I have however bought two guitars online that I had never played. Both were PRS McCarty's and I was not disappointed. PRS is probably the only guitar I would buy without having touched it.

I would say its Legit but I can't say its completely stock. The PU's and Rings look wrong. Maybe they were so rounded and open back in 2002 but to me they look wrong. There seems to be too much space around the PU's too - maybe because the Rings have been changed (from white PRS rings to black generic rings for example) and/or the Pick-ups too.

To me, something doesn't look right here so I would want to look it over, try it out and if necessary, even look under the PU's to see if they are actually PRS PU's. If not, then I would also want to look under the cover at the electronics, see if the soldering and wiring was done well.

It looks tidy enough, not that I like 'blue' guitars personally (I know its not me buying etc) so I can't 'enthuse' about it but from a purely objective point of view, the guitar looks to be in great condition otherwise. Some very minor 'dings' on the Headstock and maybe one by the Trem too (could just be light reflecting off the body) is all that I can really see in the photo's and from what I can see of the frets, they look OK - maybe some issues under the strings that I can't see and/or levelling issues but from these shots they look good to me.

If it wasn't for the Pick-ups and/or the Rings, I would say that from the provided photo's. this looks to be a legit and good condition PRS CE Custom 24. I would still try and check out the PU's, PU Ring and wiring - they may have swapped them out.

Back