Is this a "real" 10 top?

Beautiful guitar! Congrats

Yep, open it up and have a look, maybe a loose or missing ground wire.

well I opened it up and found one possible cold solder. I re-soldered it and still humming. The volume pot and capacitor seemed kinda iffy, like when I pushed on the cap it made strange noises thru the amp. SO just to be on the safe side I changed out the pot and cap and it STILL HUMS ARGH!! Everything else look good to me I guess I am screwed

The guitar tech near me damaged the last guitar I took to him so I don't trust him. Anyone want to buy a 10 top for cheap?

... Anyone want to buy a 10 top for cheap?
If you are serious, yes.

These guitars don't hum when they are right and it can only be a limited number of things wrong. May have to search, but it can unquestionably be found. You don't want to find it...I will. My first guess is a faulty input jack. It's happened to me before.

If you are serious, yes.

These guitars don't hum when they are right and it can only be a limited number of things wrong. May have to search, but it can unquestionably be found. You don't want to find it...I will. My first guess is a faulty input jack. It's happened to me before.
Yeah, if it's gimped/humming in all 5 switch positions, that's a great place to start.

I agree with the all switch position humming, it's most likely something early in the chain such as the switch jack.
Had plenty of those over the years.

Hopefully not too far in to this axe money-wise, but that's a Killer guitar. And DEFINITELY worth paying someone to find the ground wire issue...shouldn't be anything major.

this is exactly the kind of thing alan partridge should expect. replace the jack when you add the middle pickup.

Good news it's fixed! I changed out the input jack after work today and its a whole different guitar sounds and plays awesome!!
Thanks for all the tips and advice I owe you all a cold one!
I only bought this guitar because I wanted a PRS with birds on the neck and I wanted a 10-top.
Is their a classifieds section where I can list my whale blue mccarty?

Good news it's fixed! I changed out the input jack after work today and its a whole different guitar sounds and plays awesome!!
Thanks for all the tips and advice I owe you all a cold one!
I only bought this guitar because I wanted a PRS with birds on the neck and I wanted a 10-top.
Is their a classifieds section where I can list my whale blue mccarty?

Don’t sell it!!

Back