Is this a QC issue or defect?

Discussion in 'PRS News' started by Planter, Jan 27, 2019.

1. veinbuster

veinbuster Freeze zone

Just be patient. Save a bit. One will show up on the used market that suits you.
    The P22 is too versatile to give up, especially when you really like it.

2. ElrytNamrogo

ElrytNamrogo My name be scrambled

I don't think I've ever seen "defects" in grain pattern ever have any kind of effect on sale price, new or used. Actual physical damage is the only thing I've ever seen have bearing on resale value. Your friend may base value off grain quality and how well any given piece of wood will take a stain, but the mass majority of the market does not. I think your guitar looks great and see no "defects" whatsoever.

This. If you love this guitar, I'd say keep it and be patient. The Hollowbody 594 is not going anywhere anytime soon and there will, without a doubt, be some killer examples being released down the road in all sorts of price points.

3. Planter

Planter New Member

Waiting seems like the logical course of action but it seems everytime I wait for a better deal I miss out.

4. Planter

Planter New Member

Lol on another note yesterday I ran into a great deal on a used ce24 in a local classified I couldn't pass up. I'll start a new thread

5. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Atta boy!

Planter likes this.
  6. vchizzle

vchizzle Birdman.

There’s no defect. If you can’t deal with how it looks, you should’ve either not purchased or returned it. Or sell it. It’s a gorgeous guitar. If you don’t think so move it on to someone who appreciates it.

7. CVS

CVS Not so new member

Its a stunning guitar & if you like the way it sounds and plays, I would keep it. Enough said...........

8. jfb

jfb Plank Owner

Absolutely not a defect. It's how the lumber took the stain. It's a good looking fiddle and like a lot of others have already said, it has character.

9. tabl10s

tabl10s New Member

That would bug me after awhile of I bought it. The last time Paul was in town, he had an owner send his HB back free of charge to be refinished. My 408 developed pock marks from the finish sinking in and was handled at no charge.

Call customer support

10. GuitarJammin

GuitarJammin New Member

Well everyone is has answered about the color change. I would not diminish the value if i were selling it. Just put up really good pics, mention the unique ten top in the ad, go from there. I do second everyone saying to keep it and save or sell other things to get your 594 hollow body! Its a good looking guitar!