Is there a "want to buy" section on here?

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Southwest, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Southwest

Southwest New Member

If so, apologies and mods please feel free to move. And if this post breaks any forum rules then please delete - I'm new around here and don't want to cause any offence.

A short while ago I posted that I wanted a red and tan padded PRS strap (sadly discontinued). Understandably there were no takers. So my question is aimed at any strap makers on the forum.

I'm after a wide padded strap that would compliment my Custom 22 (avatar pic). I'd rather put money into something hand-made by a forum member than a faceless corporation who don't have anything i like. Feel free to PM or suggest any makers you have had good dealings with. Thanks in advance.

2. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

I think you're alright with this. There are no sales allowed here. But I think asking about straps is ok. You're in England, correct? Are you ok with ordering from the US, or at least the EU?

Southwest likes this.
  3. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc Too Funky

This whole place is one big want to buy section.

4. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

I think @LSchefman has a supplier in the UK that makes really nice stuff. Hopefully he will get this.

dogrocketp and Southwest like this.
  5. Southwest

Southwest New Member

Hi @bodia - yes UK based but happy to buy from EU or US. I'm after quality and happy to pay a sensible price (I'm a PRS owner - I don't need to explain quality to anyone on here :)).

@Alnus Rubra thanks. Is there a website I could try (understand if that's against the rules).

And if anyone at PRS is watching, please stop discontinuing stuff when people still want to buy it!

6. Alnus Rubra

I’m not being obtuse, I can’t remember the name of the company, but Les will be along soon.

I’ve got a couple of straps called Softee (3.75 inches wide) not expensive and very comfortable. But I think you’re looking for something little more upmarket.

EDIT:

Just had a light bulb moment, Heistercamp is the company.

7. Bowtiefanatc

Bowtiefanatc Confirmed Bird Snob

You have to be quick and call "DIBS!" on the proper NGD thread.

8. ducmike

ducmike New Member

I highly recommend Ethos straps. Super comfortable, and very well made. Pretty sure they do custom designs too.

I have 3 of them, and find my self shopping for more.

9. SinSir

SinSir Mad Scientist

Italia straps are some the most comfortable and best value I've come across for very high quality straps. Even though non padded they are more comfortable than any padded one I own.

10. bodia

Southwest likes this.
  11. bodia

I can confirm, it is Heistercamp.

https://www.heistercamp.co.uk/product-category/leather-guitar-straps/

Alnus Rubra and Southwest like this.
  12. ScottR

ScottR If nobody saw it, it didn't happen.

For REAL!!!

dogrocketp, Alnus Rubra and bodia like this.
  13. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

Put up a post in the Swap Shop.

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/swap-shop-a-place-to-trade-spare-parts.16537/

Southwest and bodia like this.
  14. Southwest

Southwest New Member

Thanks for all the suggestions - some great stuff out there. Having checked them all out I settled in the end on the Heistercamp, and with a bit of luck one of these will soon be winging its way here.

https://www.heistercamp.co.uk/product/bee-tor-padded-pull-up-leather-guitar-strap/

Main reasons for the choice are:
    1. I chose the padded one, which means I could use it on my very heavy Les Paul as well if I want (it's not happening, but a good excuse).
    2. They do a 3" wide version which I want for the same reason (as above - not going to happen but it's a valid excuse).
    3. I chose red leather with an ochre suede inner, which is close in looks to the PRS one I originally wanted.
    4. Although it doesn't say so on the website, they do button-holes specifically for for PRS which means I won't have to hack at it.
    5. I can get a cable tidy, which I need just well... because :)
    6. I get something hand-made and with a lifetime guarantee for just a few quid more than a mass-produced version.
    7. They are just a couple of hours down the road from me, and it's great to put money in the pocket of a local family-run craft operation.

And best of all - herself has just agreed to buy it for me as a Christmas present, meaning I don't have to pay for it, and I have an excuse to spend the whole holidays playing guitar. Winning!

Thanks again for all the help, including the swap shop which I din't know about previously. Much appreciated.

RC Mike, bodia and Alnus Rubra like this.
  15. bodia

A wise choice!

Southwest likes this.
  16. Southwest

Southwest New Member

It arrived today:). Don't want to turn this into an advert, but couldn't be happier. The only downside is that once I'd given it the once-over, herself has confiscated it until Xmas day. So no pics or review until then. Roll on the holidays!

bodia and veinbuster like this.
  17. Alnus Rubra

Good things come to those who wait!:D

And those who are really naughty get nothing!;)

bodia, ScottR and Southwest like this.