Is there a "want to buy" section on here?

Southwest

If so, apologies and mods please feel free to move. And if this post breaks any forum rules then please delete - I'm new around here and don't want to cause any offence.

A short while ago I posted that I wanted a red and tan padded PRS strap (sadly discontinued). Understandably there were no takers. So my question is aimed at any strap makers on the forum.

I'm after a wide padded strap that would compliment my Custom 22 (avatar pic). I'd rather put money into something hand-made by a forum member than a faceless corporation who don't have anything i like. Feel free to PM or suggest any makers you have had good dealings with. Thanks in advance.

I think you're alright with this. There are no sales allowed here. But I think asking about straps is ok. You're in England, correct? Are you ok with ordering from the US, or at least the EU?

Hi @bodia - yes UK based but happy to buy from EU or US. I'm after quality and happy to pay a sensible price (I'm a PRS owner - I don't need to explain quality to anyone on here :)).

@Alnus Rubra thanks. Is there a website I could try (understand if that's against the rules).

And if anyone at PRS is watching, please stop discontinuing stuff when people still want to buy it!

Hi @bodia - yes UK based but happy to buy from EU or US. I'm after quality and happy to pay a sensible price (I'm a PRS owner - I don't need to explain quality to anyone on here :)).

@Alnus Rubra thanks. Is there a website I could try (understand if that's against the rules).

And if anyone at PRS is watching, please stop discontinuing stuff when people still want to buy it!

I’m not being obtuse, I can’t remember the name of the company, but Les will be along soon.

I’ve got a couple of straps called Softee (3.75 inches wide) not expensive and very comfortable. But I think you’re looking for something little more upmarket.

EDIT:

Just had a light bulb moment, Heistercamp is the company.

If so, apologies and mods please feel free to move. And if this post breaks any forum rules then please delete - I'm new around here and don't want to cause any offence.

A short while ago I posted that I wanted a red and tan padded PRS strap (sadly discontinued). Understandably there were no takers. So my question is aimed at any strap makers on the forum.

I'm after a wide padded strap that would compliment my Custom 22 (avatar pic). I'd rather put money into something hand-made by a forum member than a faceless corporation who don't have anything i like. Feel free to PM or suggest any makers you have had good dealings with. Thanks in advance.

Put up a post in the Swap Shop.

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/swap-shop-a-place-to-trade-spare-parts.16537/

Thanks for all the suggestions - some great stuff out there. Having checked them all out I settled in the end on the Heistercamp, and with a bit of luck one of these will soon be winging its way here.

https://www.heistercamp.co.uk/product/bee-tor-padded-pull-up-leather-guitar-strap/

Main reasons for the choice are:
1. I chose the padded one, which means I could use it on my very heavy Les Paul as well if I want (it's not happening, but a good excuse).
2. They do a 3" wide version which I want for the same reason (as above - not going to happen but it's a valid excuse).
3. I chose red leather with an ochre suede inner, which is close in looks to the PRS one I originally wanted.
4. Although it doesn't say so on the website, they do button-holes specifically for for PRS which means I won't have to hack at it.
5. I can get a cable tidy, which I need just well... because :)
6. I get something hand-made and with a lifetime guarantee for just a few quid more than a mass-produced version.
7. They are just a couple of hours down the road from me, and it's great to put money in the pocket of a local family-run craft operation.

And best of all - herself has just agreed to buy it for me as a Christmas present, meaning I don't have to pay for it, and I have an excuse to spend the whole holidays playing guitar. Winning!

Thanks again for all the help, including the swap shop which I din't know about previously. Much appreciated.

Thanks for all the suggestions - some great stuff out there. Having checked them all out I settled in the end on the Heistercamp, and with a bit of luck one of these will soon be winging its way here.

https://www.heistercamp.co.uk/product/bee-tor-padded-pull-up-leather-guitar-strap/

Main reasons for the choice are:
1. I chose the padded one, which means I could use it on my very heavy Les Paul as well if I want (it's not happening, but a good excuse).
2. They do a 3" wide version which I want for the same reason (as above - not going to happen but it's a valid excuse).
3. I chose red leather with an ochre suede inner, which is close in looks to the PRS one I originally wanted.
4. Although it doesn't say so on the website, they do button-holes specifically for for PRS which means I won't have to hack at it.
5. I can get a cable tidy, which I need just well... because :)
6. I get something hand-made and with a lifetime guarantee for just a few quid more than a mass-produced version.
7. They are just a couple of hours down the road from me, and it's great to put money in the pocket of a local family-run craft operation.

And best of all - herself has just agreed to buy it for me as a Christmas present, meaning I don't have to pay for it, and I have an excuse to spend the whole holidays playing guitar. Winning!

Thanks again for all the help, including the swap shop which I din't know about previously. Much appreciated.
A wise choice!

It arrived today:). Don't want to turn this into an advert, but couldn't be happier. The only downside is that once I'd given it the once-over, herself has confiscated it until Xmas day. So no pics or review until then. Roll on the holidays!

Back