Is There a PRS and Chapman Expert in Da House

Mec78

Okay so I’m an S type guitar player and I’m not really interested in CS, Silver Sky, DC3, NF3 or Suhr. I was interested in the PRS 305 but then I stumbled across (internet stumbled across) the Chapman ML1 Pro and it looks like maybe Rob may have been inspired by the 305 in the latest version of the ML1 (internet video of Rob drooling over a 305 in the dreadlock days on YouTube). Anyone out there familiar with both models who can confirm or deny the similarities of the shape of these two guitars?
Thanks

I have never seen a Chapman guitar in person, but looking at pictures of the ML1Pro Traditional, PRS was not the first thing that came to my mind. Looks more like an Aerodyne Strat to me.

That body style is practically generic at this point. I think they first came out on Kramer’s in the 80’s (Stagemaster or something?) that were made for them by ESP, which then became their Horizon model, which then became adopted by Schecter after they went import.

Rob is a nice guy. He was part of an old international kinda PRS forum I frequented.

The guitars don’t do anything for me, but I wish him success.

He just always annoyed me when he was in the Andertons videos. Not sure why but just never could stand listening to him.

Thanks for the replies. So much for that idea. GAS will have to wait. Wallet saved (for now)
Hi mate, I’m a veteran pensioner ex Australian army. Yet played guitar many yrs and the big 50 coming around. So few guitars and tube amps as they retired me from any work at all. So guitar playing with photography and my service dog are it. I was lucky enough to get one of the first Release from first one company came with a cookie in goodies lol. Chapman ML-1pro first edition. In 2014 with set neck raw rosewood deck and fretboard with all three Seymour Duncan pick ups all different giving great different tones. Bridge nice floating bridge rails humbucker Seymour Duncan in neck a middle 1/4 pounder Two humbucker with the double stacked humbucker bridge Locking tuners push in trem bar. Dial truss rod adjust end of fret board Above neck pick up. All humbuckers look like hole cut with no wire holes and black with white Seymour Duncan markings. Bridge two bolt floating tusk but. Bottom inside horn has extra cut bottom and top to get full fret access. 22 1/2 frets thinking stainless as they stay mirrored and easy bending. Set neck really comfy it’s a solid weight as min channeling all very cool with being rosewood top great grain all satin and the case very cool hard case with old school Chapman guitars with Rob Chapman signature like spray painted. Only new so cant add photo. I play lot of blues to blues rock old school rock. Tube amps pedals. I play fair collection strats, telle’s, Les Paul’s Etc. So giving no bull**** review after playing it first week. I connected to it and nice neck radius. Tone and volume work well With nice tone width with pull switch split rear humbucker. Tone and volume nice responsive not 3-4 numbers for small changes. So blues , blues rock old school rock to heavier rock. Fast neck stays in tune well. No string tree needed angle neck like Gibson. If stage playing maybe either rubber strap locks if like keeping traditional I use on my vintage and others as no more stage me. Due to not your light Strat more slab Tele so nice wide strap over shoulder area. Hope it gave you some no crap view. Rob has been given pointy stick over yrs especially when started looking into guitar building. Many where the earlier day trolls that make slight success and they want cut you down then as yrs gone people who knew nothing of him where giving the yeah I don’t like that guy. Just due to old comments getting regurgitated. I don’t get the younger people that just want to hate then first to complain about what you can say and not without living any real life yrs. ‍♂️ Lots reading and movies lol. Take it easy. From Australia cheers

Last edited:
Hi mate, I’m a veteran pensioner ex Australian army. Yet played guitar many yrs and the big 50 coming around. So few guitars and tube amps as they retired me from any work at all. So guitar playing with photography and my service dog are it. I was lucky enough to get one of the first Release from first one company came with a cookie in goodies lol. Chapman ML-1pro first edition. In 2014 with set neck raw rosewood deck and fretboard with all three Seymour Duncan pick ups all different giving great different tones. Bridge nice floating bridge rails humbucker Seymour Duncan in neck a middle 1/4 pounder Two humbucker with the double stacked humbucker bridge Locking tuners push in trem bar. Dial truss rod adjust end of fret board Above neck pick up. All humbuckers look like hole cut with no wire holes and black with white Seymour Duncan markings. Bridge two bolt floating tusk but. Bottom inside horn has extra cut bottom and top to get full fret access. 22 1/2 frets thinking stainless as they stay mirrored and easy bending. Set neck really comfy it’s a solid weight as min channeling all very cool with being rosewood top great grain all satin and the case very cool hard case with old school Chapman guitars with Rob Chapman signature like spray painted. Only new so cant add photo. I play lot of blues to blues rock old school rock. Tube amps pedals. I play fair collection strats, telle’s, Les Paul’s Etc. So giving no bull**** review after playing it first week. I connected to it and nice neck radius. Tone and volume work well With nice tone width with pull switch split rear humbucker. Tone and volume nice responsive not 3-4 numbers for small changes. So blues , blues rock old school rock to heavier rock. Fast neck stays in tune well. No string tree needed angle neck like Gibson. If stage playing maybe either rubber strap locks if like keeping traditional I use on my vintage and others as no more stage me. Due to not your light Strat more slab Tele so nice wide strap over shoulder area. Hope it gave you some no crap view. Rob has been given pointy stick over yrs especially when started looking into guitar building. Many where the earlier day trolls that make slight success and they want cut you down then as yrs gone people who knew nothing of him where giving the yeah I don’t like that guy. Just due to old comments getting regurgitated. I don’t get the younger people that just want to hate then first to complain about what you can say and not without living any real life yrs. ‍♂️ Lots reading and movies lol. Take it easy. From Australia cheers
Thanks for the detailed review. Much appreciated.

Back