Is there a difference between SE and core stop tail bridges?

Huggy Love

Vintage member
Are they interchangeable?
Any tone issues?

.... and does anybody have a line on anywhere to get one cheapo? Core, that is.

(*Talking about the non adjustable ones.)

Yeah, they’re interchangeable.

The tone could be for the “better” or “worse”, I’ve swapped SE bridges for core bridges and then back again because something changed. There’s also a slight difference in the anodized ones versus nickel, and the compensated one and the one with saddles.

If you’re already pleased with how the SE one sounds, by all means give a swap a try, but don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.

If you’re already pleased with how the SE one sounds, by all means give a swap a try, but don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.
I don't have either, I want to source one and A/B a compensated vs the adjustable bridge it has, also against my other HB.
I'm having issues when I switch guitars with EQ & tone.

Consider a Schroeder boat tail bridge. PM me if you want more info.
I'm going in the opposite direction, already has an adjustable on it, I just need a good (cheap;)) source on a non adjustable bridge so I can A/B it.

Tone is the issue, I was just wondering about USA vs SE because they're so much cheaper, that's why I created the thread.

I'm going in the opposite direction, already has an adjustable on it, I just need a good (cheap;)) source on a non adjustable bridge so I can A/B it.

Tone is the issue, I was just wondering about USA vs SE because they're so much cheaper, that's why I created the thread.

If anyone wants a cheap adjustable bridge that will make you want to stab yourself with a severed ball end, Venmo me $2 for shipping and you can have my TonePros AVT2M.

Back