Is there a case that will fit a SE 245 and SE Custom 24

Drastion

I just placed my order a few minutes ago for a prs se custom 24. So I will be having a NGD soon. I heard mention of a prs universal case that may work but the two guitars have such different necks and body thicknesses. I can't seem to find that one though. It wouldn't need to be official or super nice. The old 1987 case works fine rust and all once I got rid of the funky smell anyways. Just something to throw in the back seat although the custom 24 may come with a gig bag I don't know.

Yes, the PRS case.
I have four of them, and they fit my SE Tremonti Custom, SE Santana, and SE Custom 24.
They also fit my sons SE Semi-Hollow, all 2012 models.

17.jpg

22.jpg

31.jpg

This says Vintage case, not sure if it is the same ones I have or not, as they use to list two models on their site, but only this one now.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PRSCase/

Call them up to see if it fits or not.

The cases I have are the exact same ones you get when you buy a Maryland made PRS.

All SEs come with a gig bag too, unless you buy one from Guitar Center, they keep them or sell them separately :(

My SE245 wouldn't fit in a USA singlecut case :(
I keep it in a gator les paul case with the bottom lifted up a bit with a rag otherwise the neck would get bent.

Harw00d

Thanks for that I wasn't sure with the 245 being so thick. I love the weight of that guitar. Want to refinish it but that tobacco burst just fits it so well.

Yes, the PRS case.
I have four of them, and they fit my SE Tremonti Custom, SE Santana, and SE Custom 24.
They also fit my sons SE Semi-Hollow, all 2012 models.

17.jpg

22.jpg

31.jpg

This says Vintage case, not sure if it is the same ones I have or not, as they use to list two models on their site, but only this one now.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PRSCase/

Call them up to see if it fits or not.

The cases I have are the exact same ones you get when you buy a Maryland made PRS.

All SEs come with a gig bag too, unless you buy one from Guitar Center, they keep them or sell them separately :(

yes this IS the multi fit case. the part number at the bottom of page matches the part number on PRS web site. I ordered it and it fit my boys SE 245 great!

I guess I am a bit baffled by why PRS went to wider width on these vs the SE Singlecut. I have a singlecut and the 245 and they weigh the SAME weight!! so the SE245 must be chambered or something. If solid mass is to aid in tone then why not just stay with the thinner more comfy single cut version. Tomorrow I am trading the SE245 and a natural SInglecut for a new SE Singlecut in the scarlet red. My boy likes the feel of the Singlecut better and likes the red over the Vintage natural color so trading two used ones in for a new! The case I have will fit the Singlecut perect too.

Out of curiosity how is the vintage/universal case able to hold so many types of guitars. I assume it doesn't let them slide around. Is the butt shape of prsi the same so its able to be molded/formed up to the horn area. Or is it with a big soft pad that when closed holds the guitar still?

Out of curiosity how is the vintage/universal case able to hold so many types of guitars. I assume it doesn't let them slide around. Is the butt shape of prsi the same so its able to be molded/formed up to the horn area. Or is it with a big soft pad that when closed holds the guitar still?

yes pretty much all the lower bouts through the waist are the same and the neck suport has a grove in it. Holds guitar in very well with the universal fit. they might not be the PERFECT fit like the case MADE for a said instrument but are REALLY close.

here is the discription from prs site on this case. Same one that sweetwater carries .

http://www.prsaccessories.com/collections/guitar-cases-and-gig-bags/products/prs-multi-fit-case

I'm not "all in" just yet, especially as I just got my first SE 245 this past week, lol. But I might be soon! Very impressed with the 245. I had an older SE Custom and an earlier Tremonti singlecut that were "OK" but they sort of felt a bit toy like. Not the 245. Love how thick and beefy it is. Looks really nice too. I managed to score this new (2012 stock) in the Tortoise Shell color for $450, absolute killer guitar at this price. I might change the pickups, but they're pretty good on their own really.

So I'm actually contemplating selling my SG, and maybe my Epi LP (Tribute, which is really good, but somewhat redundant now with the 245) and getting a new SE Custom 24. I love the beveled look of these new models, and the split coil feature I love, like I have on the Epi Tribute. I still love my CS Tele, can't really sell that, and can't afford a USA PRS at this time, but some mods to either of these SE models makes them a cut above anything else out there. Not my pic, but my guitar now:
$T2eC16RHJHwE9n8ihq!IBQhtYgct6w~~60_57.JPG

Back