Is the PRS factory still open and in production?

Last week one of my friends recently contacted a dealer in US for building him a PS. The famous dealer told him that currently the factory is temporarily closed for visit - meaning wood picking for either PS or WL aren't allowed at this moment, but the order can still be placed through email as usual. I think the production was still running at that time, but don't know the situation about coming weeks.

As of today, the confirmed infection cases in MD is 190. If the factory decide to temporarily close then it's reasonable. Hope they're all doing well too.

I called and emailed customer service on Tuesday, to check on a warranty issue. On Wednesday, Shawn emailed me back and said the factory is closed for now, but that some personnel will be working from home. I have found that most businesses are going the same route...and for good reason. I live in upstate NY, and I hope everyone is staying safe at home, so this crisis can be contained and hopefully resolved.

I called and emailed customer service on Tuesday, to check on a warranty issue. On Wednesday, Shawn emailed me back and said the factory is closed for now, but that some personnel will be working from home. I have found that most businesses are going the same route...and for good reason. I live in upstate NY, and I hope everyone is staying safe at home, so this crisis can be contained and hopefully resolved.
Agree. I don't have anything there for service nor am I waiting for a new guitar from them, but if I was, I'd be in no hurry.

Stay safe PRS and company. We need all of you to come out fully intact at the other end as keepers of the higher standard in guitars!

Last edited:
My 594 WL Hollowbody was due in Nov but there was an issue so then it was due early April. Obviously that won't be happening now. It sucks but there's worse things that could happen.

Back