Is Rod Stewart the greatest rock singer?

Weird coincidence that I listened to the "Every Picture Tells A Story" CD on my home form work today...

Rod's not the greatest, but his voice is certainly unique. That's what makes any of the singers you all have listed "great" - their unique sound and style.

Not much love for Geddy Lee? Perhaps because his voice is "too" unique for some people?

No women? Janis Joplin? Grace Slick? Ann Wilson?

Weird coincidence that I listened to the "Every Picture Tells A Story" CD on my home form work today...

Rod's not the greatest, but his voice is certainly unique. That's what makes any of the singers you all have listed "great" - their unique sound and style.

Not much love for Geddy Lee? Perhaps because his voice is "too" unique for some people?

No women? Janis Joplin? Grace Slick? Ann Wilson?

Geddy!!!!!!!

4MEHDaG.jpg

And:

Steve Walsh

Thank You! It's hard to believe how often Steve gets overlooked when best singers gets debated. Without a doubt he had a great set of pipes back in the day.

Sandy Denny was no slouch in the vocal department.
Jon Anderson should get a little love as well.

Has it gone this far without Rob Halford being mentioned?

PJ Harvey for the ladies (though Ann Wilson is tough to beat).

...Maybe Willie shoved an Ever-Lasting Gob Stopper into his ear too far?? But...in his early years, sure. (Geddy certainly was unique, if nothing else)

For me, No one beats Freddie...Later Geddy (after the early Led Zeppelin comparisons), Tommy Shaw, Bruce Dickinson, Steve Walsh (Kansas), Love Macca's voice, Rik Emmett, Shoot, there's so many!!!

Last edited:
Do I get kicked out of this place by thinking the beatles and rush are terrible?

Not by everyone...Just me...LOLOL (I grew up listening to my older siblings playing the Beatles, and I've heard the same thing about Rush for years, and I still love 'em both)
Keeps it interesting around here!!!

Back