Is PRS guitars a victim of reverse snobbery?

Indeed. The R9s since 2013 are the ones that tipped me over the tonewood debate. It’s simply because they have the ability to. Sweetenia Macrophylla, I’m looking at you.

Do they still use Honduran mahogany? Impressed if they do. I've always thought the elephant in the room with Gibson reissues such as the R series Les Pauls is using the 'wrong' woods, and then saying the plastics are period correct at the molecular level. I like Gibsons new and old (and PRS), so not bashing them.

Last edited:
Do they still use Honduran mahogany? Impressed if they do. I've always thought the elephant in the room with Gibson reissues such as the R series Les Pauls is using the 'wrong' woods, and then saying the plastics are period correct at the molecular level. I like Gibsons new and old (and PRS), so not bashing them.

Not only do they still use it, but at the custom shop they have stacks and stacks of mahogany bodies roughly cut to shape and marked for weight. If there for a M2M, you can choose your own back. Light ones do come at a premium, but you can be assured the guitar will be under 9 or even less than 8 lbs. (unchambered).
However, M2M is nowhere near as comprehensive as PS, which offers way more choices and individualism.

There does seem to be some agenda against PRS - not just the guitars either but also the man himself. I don't know if there is just 'reverse' snobbery either because if you were to buy a Gibson Custom re-issue 58 for example - a guitar that costs quite a bit more than a PRS 594, then a lot of people will be cool about that but a PRS is over-priced, has no soul, only bought by Doctors/Dentists/Lawyers etc. Anyone else can release a 'strat' type guitar but not PRS - so many say the Silver Sky is just a strat body with a PRS headstock despite the fact the Guitar body has the PRS scoop and has a lot in common with the NF3 and EG3.

I just find it strange that there is this perception and an attitude towards PRS - not just the guitars, but the man and those who buy them too. They can't 'rock' - say that to Mark Tremonti, Myles Kennedy, Santana, Orianthi, Mark Holcomb, Zach Myers and all those 90's rock bands that played PRS, they have no 'soul' - again look at Santana, Al Di Meola, Tim Pierce etc the list of PRS artists is extensive and covers such a wide variety of musical styles from relatively few models.

I admit I am not a 'Fender' fan (I don't like guitars with scratch plates and generally guitars that fell they have to cover the wood with paint) but I am Gibson fan and the Les Paul has been my 'guitar' of choice for years. I would buy one today if I found the right model at the right price etc - although after buying my HBii, its incredibly unlikely I will find the one I would buy - besides I also have serious GAS for a HB594 right now so trying to save for one of those. The point is though that I would have no problem with buying a Gibson Les Paul as its been responsible for a significant amount of music I have listened to and has a sound I really like. I do think the 594 though is more consistent and a guitar I would (and did) buy online without necessarily trying it first.

I don't understand though, that if you buy a 'core' PRS, you have to be a rich person (hence only bought by Doctors and Lawyers), yet Fender and Gibson have more expensive models - especially the custom shop models that are, at best, on a par with PRS core models that are cheaper...

Not only do they still use it, but at the custom shop they have stacks and stacks of mahogany bodies roughly cut to shape and marked for weight. If there for a M2M, you can choose your own back. Light ones do come at a premium, but you can be assured the guitar will be under 9 or even less than 8 lbs. (unchambered).
However, M2M is nowhere near as comprehensive as PS, which offers way more choices and individualism.
Thanks Steve - I had a quick look in the M2M room at World Guitars a while ago but was distracted by the PRS so didn't look in enough detail. I also watched a video with Joe B on the M2M process and it looks pretty neat.

The specs mention genuine Mahogany, and I also saw a video where they reveal they found and tied up with a plantation that supplies it. I am very impressed too.

Oops I think I did not express myself clearly first time round. Have since edited my post.

I just feel for these innocent doctors and lawyers sometimes. What did they ever do? However PRS are priced and however people feel about that, these guys should not be implicated.

Though you are correct. Doctors and lawyers spend an inordinate amount of time on their practice, not practicing guitar. Doctors and lawyers may also be collectors of quality instruments, but not proficient guitarists.

Although I'm not a doctor or lawyer myself, like many of you, I was of the mindset that I could own lavishly expensive quality guitars and still justify my ownership. My mindset had changed recently in that my back pocket wallet could no longer allow lavish expenses, though certain items were necessary, in my view.

Did I need to cut out lavish expenses? Perhaps. I still treat myself to something nice every so often, like you folks do. Yet, I realize that we all need to pay our bills, but reducing wasteful spending is one way of cutting costs. I still think I don't need the lavish sports car in my garage. I do think my garden will help provide food for me and some of my friends during growing season this year.

The snobbery I may have experienced was from other guitarists who realized that my ownership of really expensive PRSi was really viewed as a "showy display" regards a guy who really only had limited chops. And the reason for my selling my PS guitars was because I personally felt that such a display contradicted my viewpoint of modesty and simplicity. That was the reason.

Last edited:
Dang, you guys are making me want to look into R9s again. I’ve seen a few in the wild close to 8lbs, my weight limit. I got sidetracked by Nik Huber though :) Spanish Cedar is an amazing light weight tonewood, about 7.5lbs on this one

F8550326-A3-A5-49-F5-9570-29577-EE2970-D.jpg

B5-AEE14-A-629-A-4723-A22-A-FD2380-A9029-B.jpg

Dang, you guys are making me want to look into R9s again. I’ve seen a few in the wild close to 8lbs, my weight limit. I got sidetracked by Nik Huber though :) Spanish Cedar is an amazing light weight tonewood, about 7.5lbs on this one

F8550326-A3-A5-49-F5-9570-29577-EE2970-D.jpg

B5-AEE14-A-629-A-4723-A22-A-FD2380-A9029-B.jpg
Wow!

I just hope there’s a heaven for all these great guitars!

That never occurred to me.

On other guitar forums I hear a lot of criticism of PRS. If I think it needs saying, I can and do defend PRS.

On the Gibson forum, someone said "PRS guitars are like a solution looking for a problem". I let that one pass.

On The Fretboard, someone (a friend of mine actually :) ) said " If you find a good Gibson or Fender, you just dont need a PRS".
I replied: "Maybe thats why people buy a PRS?"

That’s a really silly dis on a PRS. You can say that about any brand. For instance, if you find a good PRS, you just don’t need a Gibson or a Fender. If you find a good Godin or ESP... or even you or a friend makes you the perfect guitar for you, then you don’t need anything else. Now need is different than want. I have many good Gibson and a good Tele and a good Godin and I still wanted my two PRSi and I’m still considering getting a Mira, Vela or Studio. I’d be lying to myself if I thought I needed all the guitars I have. Do I want them, do they do something different for me, do I feel connected to every singe one? Oh absolutely!!

I struggled with many Gibsons for a number of years. I'm not as interested in knocking them as I am in playing my PRS in tune, and getting complements on my tone. We like what we like. I have a luthier friend who is afraid to play PRS for some weird reason. I have another luthier friend who used to work at the factory. I've spent a lot of time resetting up PRS that were bought cheaply by my son's friends. In EVERY instance the seller dissed the guitar after they set it up like a strat. That's right, every instance.

That’s a really silly dis on a PRS. You can say that about any brand. For instance, if you find a good PRS, you just don’t need a Gibson or a Fender. If you find a good Godin or ESP... or even you or a friend makes you the perfect guitar for you, then you don’t need anything else. Now need is different than want. I have many good Gibson and a good Tele and a good Godin and I still wanted my two PRSi and I’m still considering getting a Mira, Vela or Studio. I’d be lying to myself if I thought I needed all the guitars I have. Do I want them, do they do something different for me, do I feel connected to every singe one? Oh absolutely!!

I don't know the context of 'PRS guitars are a solution looking for a Problem' but I see that as a compliment. To me that reads that PRS are 'perfect' and that they are the 'solution' to all those people that go looking for problems on any guitar. Those that think Gibson Les Pauls are badly designed because of the weak headstock area and tuning issues, also the inconsistency of their build - buy a PRS and that's the 'solution'. Of course most musicians will know that there are great Les Pauls too but the quality does vary and some 'minor' issue (like a bit of bleed on the binding that's purely cosmetic) doesn't detract from a great sounding Les Paul. It also seems that they are saying PRS are so perfect that they don't need to be continuously improving and so a 'solution' to a Problem that perhaps doesn't exist in their heads. They don't see the need to improve the bridge with Brass so its 'better' for example when the old one was 'perfect' anyway - its a 'solution' to a problem that never was - the old bridge was perfect so why improve it, the old locking tuners were perfect, so why improve it. It does depend on context but either way, it seems more of a compliment than a criticism.

I also disagree with the second statement, that you don't 'need' a PRS if you find a great Gibson or Fender. Admittedly if you buy a 594 or Silver Sky, you may not want to keep looking for the 'best' Les Paul or Strat you can find and if you have found a great Les Paul or Strat, then you may not 'need' the 594 or Silver Sky BUT PRS do make other guitars that can be a great addition to your arsenal of guitars. Its going to cost you an awful lot of money to get a great 63/64 Fender Strat but you can buy a Silver Sky for a LOT less money and you will pay a LOT for a real 58 Les Paul too.

The point is though, regarding those statements, that PRS guitars are far more consistent and more reliable. You don't have to go round every music store and try every Les Paul or every strat to try and find 'the' one. Chasing that 'unicorn' (as John Mayer would put it) to find that one Les Paul or Strat that sings to you, that feels & plays just right, has no fit & finish issues and comes in the colour you really wanted. Maybe if you have spent all that time chasing the unicorn and finally catching it, you might not want certain PRS models - not to say that PRS still has other guitars to offer something these don't offer. You can walk into any PRS selling retailer, pick up any model and it will be as consistently great. The only selection headache is picking the one with the 'best' top with your preferred colour scheme - not worrying about the 'fit & finish issues, the tone or playability - the most important aspects.

Obviously there are Les Pauls and Strats that are superb instruments with no issues at all but they do vary. The difference between the 'best' and the 'Worst' in the same model (ie just the Standard or just the Traditional - not ALL the LP's inc Studio or Junior alongside the Standard) is much wider than the worst to best PRS 594. Effectively, all PRS core Guitars are 'unicorns' so its much easier to find the one. Its up to the individual if they want just their unicorn Gibson or Fender that they spent time chasing down or whether they could add a PRS - either as something different like any of the Custom 24 models (Cu24-08, Cu24, Cu24 w Piezo as well as the CE range), or something similar like the 594 or Silver Sky. I would add the Custom 22 to this too as that has more in common with the Les Paul but with a Trem - either way, these all have their own voice - although some are much closer to a Fender (Silver Sky and a 63/64 Strat for example) or Gibson LP than others.

I love my PRS guitar collection and, if money was not an issue, I certainly would own a Gibson Les Paul and maybe a 335 or other semi-hollow model. I don't know that I would buy a Fender myself as I am not a fan of their headstock or pick-guards on a guitar - I like to see the wood and always wonder if the paint and pick-guard are hiding something. I was always a Gibson fan and still am but I would still pick a PRS over a Gibson first. Because I had to pick one or the other, not both, I picked my 594 instead but I would happily own both and maybe will go on the hunt for a great LP when I have the funds to do so but my next Guitar is most likely going to be a hollowbody 594.

I do think though that a lot of 'internet' people who are making these comments are people that cannot afford a PRS, let alone a mid range Gibson/Fender and are intermediate guitarists at best. They certainly haven't had experience of playing a PRS and their 'heroes' aren't known for playing a PRS either. The fact that PRS haven't been in business as long as Fender or Gibson is also a reason not to like them because Jimi or Jimmy never played them. The same mentality that think 'Vintage' guitars are better despite the fact that they were relatively new when Jimi and Jimmy played their guitars and the choice was much more limited too. Its that mentality that also holds Gibson and Fender back too - they can't innovate or modernise their guitars because they have to stick to the same guitar they were making 50-60yrs ago. It made sense that the Gibson Les Paul Traditional was built like the old guitars and the Standard with the HP circuit and push/pull options is the 'standard' for today not the Standard it was 60yrs ago - it still sounded and played like a Traditional but had more options for the musician too.

I much prefer Pauls approach, which toes back in to the first point about the guitars are like a solution looking for a problem. His approach is to keep pushing the guitars forward, keep improving and refining them - hence we have guitars like the Custom 24-08 and Pauls guitar with the TCI pick-ups. I appreciate the fact that Paul is looking for ways to improve their guitars and has many Quality Control checks along the path of each guitars creation. I like the fact that I can happily order a guitar online without having to check it over for issues, play it in a shop to see how it feels/sounds (even though its often on a completely different rig to mine) and know that when it arrives, I can literally play it after taking it out of the case. Maybe that's too much for some people!

One interesting thing that I’ve seen was an interview with Mark Knopfler talking about his guitars. He was saying how wonderful his 58 Les Paul was and how it had the perfect tone for things like Money For Nothing and Brothers in Arms. However, for songs like Sultans of Swing he preferred to play a Strat or similar guitar because he would play three strings at once and the thinner sound of a Strat would give him a choir effect in his 3 strings vibratos. I think with that with, say a Custom 22 or 24, you can get that choir effect with humbuckers and not necessarily have to default to the thinner sound of a Strat. It would be interesting to see what some guitar hero’s of the 70s-80s would achieve with a PRS. Give Jimmy Page or Eric Clapton or Slash or Billy Gibons or Mark Knopfler a PRS and see what they do with it. PRS sound different, but they can also achieve different sounds and tones. Personally I always try to give my own flavor to music I cover. Play a different guitar, amp or pedal, play things slightly different so that I’m not just a parrot imitating the people who inspired me and are better guitarists than myself. The added clarity of a PRS allows me to be happy playing a Pink Floyd song without going to a Strat. The Strat is a guitar that sound amazing on other people, but I don’t really like how I sound with a Strat. A PRS on the other hand allow me to play music typically played with a Strat without hating how I sound. Not that is sounds the same as a Strat, but it is a sound that I prefer. Also because of the clarity of the PRS, I believe it improved my playing. I love the tone of a Les Paul and they will always have a place in my heart and my collection. However, I feel I can be a bit more sloppy with a Les Paul. With PRSi I need to be very clean and have a good technique. Good think they play like butter, so it’s really inductive to good technique.

Ironically if Paul has been born in 1909 and Leo had been born in 1956, some of the guitar heroes may have played PRS! And Brian May would have still been playing a homemade oak guitar!;)

I don't know the context of 'PRS guitars are a solution looking for a Problem' but I see that as a compliment. To me that reads that PRS are 'perfect' and that they are the 'solution' to all those people that go looking for problems on any guitar. Those that think Gibson Les Pauls are badly designed because of the weak headstock area and tuning issues, also the inconsistency of their build - buy a PRS and that's the 'solution'. Of course most musicians will know that there are great Les Pauls too but the quality does vary and some 'minor' issue (like a bit of bleed on the binding that's purely cosmetic) doesn't detract from a great sounding Les Paul. It also seems that they are saying PRS are so perfect that they don't need to be continuously improving and so a 'solution' to a Problem that perhaps doesn't exist in their heads. They don't see the need to improve the bridge with Brass so its 'better' for example when the old one was 'perfect' anyway - its a 'solution' to a problem that never was - the old bridge was perfect so why improve it, the old locking tuners were perfect, so why improve it. It does depend on context but either way, it seems more of a compliment than a criticism.

I also disagree with the second statement, that you don't 'need' a PRS if you find a great Gibson or Fender. Admittedly if you buy a 594 or Silver Sky, you may not want to keep looking for the 'best' Les Paul or Strat you can find and if you have found a great Les Paul or Strat, then you may not 'need' the 594 or Silver Sky BUT PRS do make other guitars that can be a great addition to your arsenal of guitars. Its going to cost you an awful lot of money to get a great 63/64 Fender Strat but you can buy a Silver Sky for a LOT less money and you will pay a LOT for a real 58 Les Paul too.

The point is though, regarding those statements, that PRS guitars are far more consistent and more reliable. You don't have to go round every music store and try every Les Paul or every strat to try and find 'the' one. Chasing that 'unicorn' (as John Mayer would put it) to find that one Les Paul or Strat that sings to you, that feels & plays just right, has no fit & finish issues and comes in the colour you really wanted. Maybe if you have spent all that time chasing the unicorn and finally catching it, you might not want certain PRS models - not to say that PRS still has other guitars to offer something these don't offer. You can walk into any PRS selling retailer, pick up any model and it will be as consistently great. The only selection headache is picking the one with the 'best' top with your preferred colour scheme - not worrying about the 'fit & finish issues, the tone or playability - the most important aspects.

Obviously there are Les Pauls and Strats that are superb instruments with no issues at all but they do vary. The difference between the 'best' and the 'Worst' in the same model (ie just the Standard or just the Traditional - not ALL the LP's inc Studio or Junior alongside the Standard) is much wider than the worst to best PRS 594. Effectively, all PRS core Guitars are 'unicorns' so its much easier to find the one. Its up to the individual if they want just their unicorn Gibson or Fender that they spent time chasing down or whether they could add a PRS - either as something different like any of the Custom 24 models (Cu24-08, Cu24, Cu24 w Piezo as well as the CE range), or something similar like the 594 or Silver Sky. I would add the Custom 22 to this too as that has more in common with the Les Paul but with a Trem - either way, these all have their own voice - although some are much closer to a Fender (Silver Sky and a 63/64 Strat for example) or Gibson LP than others.

I love my PRS guitar collection and, if money was not an issue, I certainly would own a Gibson Les Paul and maybe a 335 or other semi-hollow model. I don't know that I would buy a Fender myself as I am not a fan of their headstock or pick-guards on a guitar - I like to see the wood and always wonder if the paint and pick-guard are hiding something. I was always a Gibson fan and still am but I would still pick a PRS over a Gibson first. Because I had to pick one or the other, not both, I picked my 594 instead but I would happily own both and maybe will go on the hunt for a great LP when I have the funds to do so but my next Guitar is most likely going to be a hollowbody 594.

I do think though that a lot of 'internet' people who are making these comments are people that cannot afford a PRS, let alone a mid range Gibson/Fender and are intermediate guitarists at best. They certainly haven't had experience of playing a PRS and their 'heroes' aren't known for playing a PRS either. The fact that PRS haven't been in business as long as Fender or Gibson is also a reason not to like them because Jimi or Jimmy never played them. The same mentality that think 'Vintage' guitars are better despite the fact that they were relatively new when Jimi and Jimmy played their guitars and the choice was much more limited too. Its that mentality that also holds Gibson and Fender back too - they can't innovate or modernise their guitars because they have to stick to the same guitar they were making 50-60yrs ago. It made sense that the Gibson Les Paul Traditional was built like the old guitars and the Standard with the HP circuit and push/pull options is the 'standard' for today not the Standard it was 60yrs ago - it still sounded and played like a Traditional but had more options for the musician too.

I much prefer Pauls approach, which toes back in to the first point about the guitars are like a solution looking for a problem. His approach is to keep pushing the guitars forward, keep improving and refining them - hence we have guitars like the Custom 24-08 and Pauls guitar with the TCI pick-ups. I appreciate the fact that Paul is looking for ways to improve their guitars and has many Quality Control checks along the path of each guitars creation. I like the fact that I can happily order a guitar online without having to check it over for issues, play it in a shop to see how it feels/sounds (even though its often on a completely different rig to mine) and know that when it arrives, I can literally play it after taking it out of the case. Maybe that's too much for some people!

I don’t think what the person I replied to was being silly. I just think that whoever told the person who I replied to those things were being silly. Because I think if you find a good guitar of any brand you don’t necessarily need another brand guitar. If you find the perfect Les Paul for you, I do believe you don’t need a PRS. However, the reverse is also true. If you find the perfect PRS for you, you will not need a Les Paul. You can also say that if you find the perfect Godin, which also have amazing QC standards, you won’t need any onither guitar from a different brand, like Gibson or Fender. You can make that argument with any brand, Ibanez, ESP, Shecter, Suhr, G&L, Music Man... Not to say you won’t want it. I found three perfect Les Paul and I still got a McCarty. The McCarty was the perfect PRS for me and I still got an SG. I got an SG and still purchased a Custom 24-08. Each guitar does something different for me and I don’t have a single guitar that I dislike. I play all of them and bond with them all.

I don’t think what the person I replied to was being silly. I just think that whoever told the person who I replied to those things were being silly. Because I think if you find a good guitar of any brand you don’t necessarily need another brand guitar. If you find the perfect Les Paul for you, I do believe you don’t need a PRS. However, the reverse is also true. If you find the perfect PRS for you, you will not need a Les Paul. You can also say that if you find the perfect Godin, which also have amazing QC standards, you won’t need any onither guitar from a different brand, like Gibson or Fender. You can make that argument with any brand, Ibanez, ESP, Shecter, Suhr, G&L, Music Man... Not to say you won’t want it. I found three perfect Les Paul and I still got a McCarty. The McCarty was the perfect PRS for me and I still got an SG. I got an SG and still purchased a Custom 24-08. Each guitar does something different for me and I don’t have a single guitar that I dislike. I play all of them and bond with them all.

Paul,

I like that you began looking for one type of tone from a variety of choices, and settled on an SG and a Cu24. I must ask, what was it about the SG that appealed to you, compared to the McCarty?

The reason for my question is the first guitar I ever owned myself was an SG ($400 new!) in '74 (small guard, small volute, 'coat of arms' (?) inlay on the truss cover, not sure if it was a '61 reissue back then or not). Nice tone, played effortlessly. In '80, sold the SG and the tone quest began ever since.

What was your backstory on guitar ownership, and what helped you choose one guitar over another?

re: my original quote (from the Gibson Forum) "PRS guitars are like a solution looking for a problem"
My take on that is even more depressing. To me reads as: 'we already have perfection' why would anyone want to look elsewhere".
In other words its a closed mind mentality that wont even consider a peek outside.

re: my original quote (from the Gibson Forum) "PRS guitars are like a solution looking for a problem"
My take on that is even more depressing. To me reads as: 'we already have perfection' why would anyone want to look elsewhere".
In other words its a closed mind mentality that wont even consider a peek outside.

I think the "clue" exists in that nothing ever need be perfect, though some that are far from that may boast perfection in their own view. That being said, "I can't walk on water" either.

Your comment about "your take" being depressing tells me not everybody has a good idea, or a "clue," and sometimes needs to be given something that helps them see more clearly.

Enjoy your day!

Paul,

I like that you began looking for one type of tone from a variety of choices, and settled on an SG and a Cu24. I must ask, what was it about the SG that appealed to you, compared to the McCarty?

The reason for my question is the first guitar I ever owned myself was an SG ($400 new!) in '74 (small guard, small volute, 'coat of arms' (?) inlay on the truss cover, not sure if it was a '61 reissue back then or not). Nice tone, played effortlessly. In '80, sold the SG and the tone quest began ever since.

What was your backstory on guitar ownership, and what helped you choose one guitar over another?

I still have my McCarty and it is among my favorite guitars. I love it. It has great tone and plays amazing. The reason I got an SG was because I got an extremely light guitar, which is great in longer practice sessions and longer gigs, it has the slim tapered neck, which I love, and the traditional Gibson growl (not a LP, but unquestionably Gibson). Also it looks cool to me. I service and conduct regular maintenance on my own guitars, because I doing it, and I've never had any tuning issues with it. Does it substitute my McCarty? No, they are different guitars and I like having them both in my arsenal. My McCarty weighs 7lbs 10.5 oz, which is light enough for most practice sessions and gigs. The neck on the McCarty is what PRS calls Pattern. It is chunkier than a 60's or a slim taper, but slimmer than the 50's style Gibson neck, and it is amazing. I didn't know I would like a chunkier neck so much. Whatever hocus pocus PRS have done on that V12 finish, it doesn't make me miss the feel of a played in Nitro finish. I got the Custom 24 because I wanted something different than what I already have. The reason I'm looking at a Mira, Vela or S2 Singlecut Semihollow is so that I get something with a stop tail that weighs less than 7lbs that will offer me something tonally different. Also, my Custom 24 has the Pattern Thin neck, which has a similar depth to the Gibson slim tapered. and my McCarty has a Pattern neck. The S2s come with Pattern Regular necks, which sits between the Pattern Thin and the Pattern in terms of depth. I've only heard good things about the Pattern Regular neck carve so I'm curious to see for myself if it's something I would like.

Back to the topic, I find it silly to dis any of the current "big" manufactures. Strats aren't for me, but I cant't say they are bad guitars. They work for so many people other than myself. I'm not going to lie, I'm a Gibson fan, however, I really disliked the irrational aversion some of the other Gibson fans have on PRS guitars. Similarly, I found that some people would blow some of the Gibson issues out of proportion. I didn't find it that hard to find the good ones, be it their regular production, their custom shops or acoustic. I love those guitars, but I can also love my PRSi. They sound and feel different, but they speak to me and inspire me to play and to better myself as a guitarist. Also, contrary to some of the criticism that PRS get, they have a ton of mojo. Sure they're pretty and look like piece of art, but if you gig and play them a lot, they will feel played in and exude as much or more mojo than any other guitar. Also they are one of the easiest guitars to maintain, which speaks to their built quality. I've never had that much ease intonating a guitar than PRSi. The only time I had to work a bit harder to set up a PRS was when a friend of mine set his SE Custom 22 bridge and messed with the pivot screws, but that was not the guitar's fault, but my friends. They are set up from factory so that you never really need to be messing up with those pivot screws to begin with.

Back