Is Paul Signatiure on a Starla-X a sticker?

Charlie

I recently purchase a 2009 Starla-X. I sent the serial number to PRS and they confirmed it was the real deal. I was just cleaning the guitar headstock (after removing the strings) and I noticed that Paul signature looks like a sticker that was clear coated over! I compared to other Starla-X's online and it was the same. I compared to my other PRS', it definitely was not the same. Is it really a sticker? Anyone know?

Most PRS guitars made after the early 90s came with a gold signature sticker until just last year, when all Core models started coming with an inlaid Paul Reed Smith signatures. On older guitars, the signatures were decals, as you'd see on a Fender, etc.

Artist Package models have always been inlaid. So your sticker should be correct.

My 1994, 2007 and 2008 PRSs are all inlaid. Only the Starla has a sticker. Can someone else check their Guitars too? Thank you.

Most of the older guitars had gold/silver stickers or decals. The only ones that were inlaid were the Artist Package and special runs.

Pics of your headstocks would help...

Inlay:

323651963.jpg

Sticker:

336733950.jpg

Sticker:

381666935.jpg

Sticker:

324517220.jpg

Sticker:

339573294.jpg

I think this is a decal:

324517717.jpg

Wow - mine look like Jamie's - I'm surprised they are not inlaid. They don't look or feel like stickers whereas the sig on the Starla-x looks like a sticker and feels flat. I'd post pictures, but it's such PITA with photobucket. Nevertheless, I appreciate the feedback. Thanks.

Back