Is my new PRS SE 245 faulty?

biglfat

Hi guys!

My new SE 245 just arrived from Guitar Center. This is my first ever electric guitar. Since I'm not familiar with what to expect from a brand new guitar, I don't know if my observations are fair
  • The strings have dark spots. It looks like have been played for a while.
  • There are sign of oxidize on the bridge.
  • Mark looks like wood scratch on the body.
  • Edge white paint is not finished well.
I was wondering they are acceptable with PRS SE line? Could someone please enlighten me?

KSAJsw8.jpg

6TvgW8J.jpg

EX796DT.jpg

Hi guys!

My new SE 245 just arrived from Guitar Center. This is my first ever electric guitar. Since I'm not familiar with what to expect from a brand new guitar, I don't know if my observations are fair
I was wondering they are acceptable with PRS SE line? Could someone please enlighten me?
Almost all of this is on the retailer, and GC is one of the least...careful.

Strings are old and played = sat around at a GC store and people played it.
Oxidization on bridge = the people who played it at GC store were sweaty.
Wood scratch = people at GC (customers, staff) didn't treat the guitar the nicest.

The last issue with the binding is definitely on PRS - I've seen it before, and I personally think it's appropriate for guitars at this price point (if that's the extent of the quality control issues.) But totally feel free to look for one that doesn't have that issue.

So if you have all these issues, return it to the retailer (GC).

F
Hi guys!

KSAJsw8.jpg

6TvgW8J.jpg

EX796DT.jpg
For me, its acceptable for an SE from Guitar Center. Youll find most of us disparage GC with impunity.

I wouldn't expect these issues on a new guitar from anywhere. If it was used and discounted appropriately though, it wouldn't be a hard sell.

I ended up by return it to GC yesterday. The guy at GC didn’t even open the gigbag to check the condition of the guitar. He just accepted the return and issued the refund without any question.

Now I’m waiting for it to be restocked at Sweetwater.

I ended up by return it to GC yesterday. The guy at GC didn’t even open the gigbag to check the condition of the guitar. He just accepted the return and issued the refund without any question.

Much better choice. If I buy new from a large dealer, Sweetwater is at the top of my list. Daves Guitar Shop and Ish you can trust too.

Yeahs, that sounds about right. They’ll probably stick it right back on the floor as “New”.

Back