is my abalone bird inlay damaged?

drusso5

I only just bought this guitar a few days ago and wondering if this is something that will get worse over time.
When I took it out of the box and inspected the fretboard, I noticed that on the 9th fret some of the bird was missing, but I figured it was just the light not shining on it.
I feel like it is going to start peeling off over time.

I'll contact the music store but I hope they don't think and say it's my fault.

Can this be repaired?

:/ sucks I like this guitar a lot.

Last edited:
There is definitely a piece of that missing. If you bought that new from a dealer, contact PRS. They will fix it.

There is definitely a piece of that missing. If you bought that new from a dealer, contact PRS. They will fix it.
Yeah I noticed that it looks like it has been filled with some type of glue in other parts of the bird as the other inlays are full abalone with no defects. The music store that I bought it from told me that they are going to contact the PRS distributor. I am from Australia, so hopefully it can still be fixed.

Yeah I noticed that it looks like it has been filled with some type of glue in other parts of the bird as the other inlays are full abalone with no defects. The music store that I bought it from told me that they are going to contact the PRS distributor. I am from Australia, so hopefully it can still be fixed.
Being in Australia may complicate things a bit. I know if you were here in the US you could contact PRS and they would have you ship it back based on the pictures you posted here. I hope they can get it worked out for you. If they can't, I would consider returning it.

Back