Is it time to start considering solid state?

I've decided tubes are for me. I played my hybrid amps (original musicmans) and a solid state I have. Tone wise just don't cut it. The MM's have a great clean sound. Good for jazz and funk. The SS is just a practice amp so no real comparison there. Haven't played any modeling amps but what I've heard they sound too sterile for my liking. I don't think there's anything wrong with them, just not for me. Of course if tubes get really scarce, I may have to reconsider. Just my opinion.

I've decided tubes are for me. I played my hybrid amps (original musicmans) and a solid state I have. Tone wise just don't cut it. The MM's have a great clean sound. Good for jazz and funk. The SS is just a practice amp so no real comparison there. Haven't played any modeling amps but what I've heard they sound too sterile for my liking. I don't think there's anything wrong with them, just not for me. Of course if tubes get really scarce, I may have to reconsider. Just my opinion.
Tubes are not really getting scare though. Panic buyers bought up almost a years worth of tubes, which ran dealers out of stock. There won't be a tube shortage... unless people keep trying to buy a lifetime supply all at once and run the dealers out again. This "shortage" in nothing more than the (cough) brilliant consumers that ran out when the pandemic started and bought a 2 years supply of toilet paper and suddenly the stores were out. It was self created drama. "Oh wow, it's on the news that the stores don't have toilet paper. Good thing I'm smart enough to have stocked up enough to supply every house on my street for the next 2-3 years."

Back