Is it me, or should this seriously be my first Santana?

The following assumes that everyone in your household will still have food in the house to eat after the purchase …...

1. The price is way cheaper if you think of it in English pounds, makes it look better :D
2. If you are playing it, you aren't getting in your wife's way but she will always know where you are (which is generally a good thing)
3. And you will be increasing your brain capacity through playing different guitars so avoiding slipping into early senility (essential health care)
4. That colour scheme will match anything in the house and, indeed, will make you look way posher than your neighbours
5. If the fabled bus of doom were to run you over tomorrow, she would feel terrible she denied you this last moment of happiness

Need I go on? :)

This was my favorite!!!!!!! LoL!!!!!!!!!!!

Just window shopping... happened to be about the colors of my alma mater, University Of South Carolina... (yeah, I know, we suck...)

Should that be your first Santana? Sure, why not.

As a recent Santana convert, I will say the hype is real. Mine has quickly become near the top of the stable, replacing (in use) guitars that have seen a lot of use over the last couple of years. It is deceptively versatile (granted, mine has non-factory pickups) despite only having two knobs and a switch. Playability is AMAZING. Balance is AMAZING. Even though the shape is EXACTLY like a Hamer Studio, there is something about the Santana that feels more comfortable (and that is saying a lot because the Hamer USA Studios were AMAZING guitars). When you pick up a Santana it's like getting into a time-machine and traveling back to "the beginning" - at least for me. My Santana is one of my more "plain" guitars, and I dig that because it puts me in a more "rock-n-roll" attitude, even though I am often using it for fusion/progressive type stuff.

Do it!!

Should that be your first Santana? Sure, why not.

As a recent Santana convert, I will say the hype is real. Mine has quickly become near the top of the stable, replacing (in use) guitars that have seen a lot of use over the last couple of years. It is deceptively versatile (granted, mine has non-factory pickups) despite only having two knobs and a switch. Playability is AMAZING. Balance is AMAZING. Even though the shape is EXACTLY like a Hamer Studio, there is something about the Santana that feels more comfortable (and that is saying a lot because the Hamer USA Studios were AMAZING guitars). When you pick up a Santana it's like getting into a time-machine and traveling back to "the beginning" - at least for me. My Santana is one of my more "plain" guitars, and I dig that because it puts me in a more "rock-n-roll" attitude, even though I am often using it for fusion/progressive type stuff.

Do it!!

Woot! Another convert!

Do it...
... if it's your color, personally I'd go for the orange at Wildwest, but that's just me. I'd really want Carlos' son of salmon.
... if you like quilt; I love staring at deep quilt, but prefer flames when it comes to bringing them home.
... if you're ok with the neck; I love the neck. it's chunky but does not get in the way anywhere. My brother in law couldn't handle it.
... it goes from sweet and gentle to screaming maniac. This is with Santana pups. Can't speak for the Retros with their 58/15s in the bridge. My Santana bridge can easily hold up when I crank some Metallica. I had 85/15s in a Standard and they didn't quite have the oompf of the Santana pups.
... I've shared the math before, just divide the price by the months of either the guitar's or your life expectancy and there is no more argument about price anymore.

Warning: This will not help quell your Santana GAS!!

Many think the Santana is great for, well, Santana-like tones. While it obviously does that well, those of us that own one know how otherwise incredibly versatile it actually is, with the ability to go from a cannon-like LP slayer, to a smokey-smooth jazz machine with the flick of a switch and turn of a dial. It's become one of the iconic PRS classics for good reason, and you need one more than you truly know.

Sorry. ;)

Back