Is it me or did the price of S2s go up 300 bucks????

I’m waiting to see how this affects the dealer run order I’ve been trying to get done for months with back and forth between reps. Bummer but I’m invested enough in the idea of my order I’ll still go through with it but like the other said will be slightly less happy about it lol.

That being said I’m ordering 4 guitars in order to get the exact S2 spec’d thinline I’ve been dreaming of and I’ll probably let the extra 2-3 go relatively cheap to not get stuck holding on to them.

AJ, remind us of what your specs are. If what you want actually gets built, exactly what will they look like and what hardware will they have?

AJ, remind us of what your specs are. If what you want actually gets built, exactly what will they look like and what hardware will they have?

So I’m waiting to hear back on a couple different color availability and price sheets for the different configurations I spec’d out but the main points are as follows and roughly in order of importance to me lol.

Ebony board.
Bone nut.
NO PLASTIC BIRDS (checking pricing on a few options. Paua, white mother of Pearl sparkle, Pink Rhodonite outline with white mother of Pearl sparkle insides, etc)
Phase III tuners
Satin Finish on Neck
Black hardware, Gold pickup covers (black pole-pieces)
58/15 LT pickup
Core 594 pots/wiring

I like to think of them as “S3’s” lol. Fingers crossed they’ll do all of that and that it doesn’t make them as expensive as a core. I’ll make some compromises if I have to. I’m not crazy about about the 59/15S pickups but I don’t hate them either.

I just stopped in at my local shop, and they had three S2 Standard 24 Satins (red, black, burst, '21 build date) all at the "old" price. Each one of them felt just as good as my '15 Satin 22. Glad they finally got some in the shop. Should make some fine NGD's for a few folks.

Even with the price increases, I still think the S2's are worth it over SE's. Have y'all seen how much SE's are going for now? It's not just S2's that have gone up!

So I’m waiting to hear back on a couple different color availability and price sheets for the different configurations I spec’d out but the main points are as follows and roughly in order of importance to me lol.

Ebony board.
Bone nut.
NO PLASTIC BIRDS (checking pricing on a few options. Paua, white mother of Pearl sparkle, Pink Rhodonite outline with white mother of Pearl sparkle insides, etc)
Phase III tuners
Satin Finish on Neck
Black hardware, Gold pickup covers (black pole-pieces)
58/15 LT pickup
Core 594 pots/wiring

I like to think of them as “S3’s” lol. Fingers crossed they’ll do all of that and that it doesn’t make them as expensive as a core. I’ll make some compromises if I have to. I’m not crazy about about the 59/15S pickups but I don’t hate them either.

Man, that's cool. I haven't had a chance to try any of the S2 594's yet, and I'd really like to. Ebony board, Phase III's (or the S2 Phase II's), and upgraded birds would be high on my list. Pickups and electronics would be great too, but I'd imagine that's gonna add a big bump to the price tag.

I just stopped in at my local shop, and they had three S2 Standard 24 Satins (red, black, burst, '21 build date) all at the "old" price. Each one of them felt just as good as my '15 Satin 22. Glad they finally got some in the shop. Should make some fine NGD's for a few folks.

Even with the price increases, I still think the S2's are worth it over SE's. Have y'all seen how much SE's are going for now? It's not just S2's that have gone up!

Man, that's cool. I haven't had a chance to try any of the S2 594's yet, and I'd really like to. Ebony board, Phase III's (or the S2 Phase II's), and upgraded birds would be high on my list. Pickups and electronics would be great too, but I'd imagine that's gonna add a big bump to the price tag.

Ya just waiting to see how big of a bump. To me I like the feel of the thinline in my hand better than any core 594 I’ve played due to the pattern thin being much better suited for my tiny hands. Getting a one off 594 with a pattern thin neck would also require a Private Stock or 4 piece order in today’s post-Covid guitar market both of which would be multitudes higher in cost.

Since I kinda consider what I’m trying to have built as an “S3 594 thinline” I guess it would kinda make sense if it fell in between the S2 and core line in pricing. Whether I could move the extras at that increased price is the real question. Idk how many out there will share my thinking about the upgrades. At the end of the day though even if I take a significant loss on the extra guitars in the order it still should be cheaper than my other options.

My new to me 2020 594 thinline has quickly become my favorite guitar and one of my favorites of all time in 30 years of playing...make it a great one and enjoy it...used theyre not a bad value for what you get!!

Back