Is it me or did the price of S2s go up 300 bucks????

haven't checked current pricing, but I paid $1,549 in July. If I had to pay $200 more today, I'd still buy it,

Ooooh .... Don't say that out loud ! :eek: Don't let Paul & Co hear that !

Yeah looks like our beloved S2 594Thinline is now in the $1.600 dollar class (while her chunkier sisters cruise to $1,800 ) But you are letting them know that we GuitarJunkies , will still be on the GuitarHoe Stroll for another $150 !!!:eek::eek::D

Arrrrgh ! :confused:

Is there some part of this that is difficult to understand?

If I understand it correctly, the rule applies more to people quoting prices paid for a particular guitar, such as "Hey, the Custom 22 MAPs for $3850 but I just got one a Julie's guitars for $3000 out the door." If my understanding of the intention of the rule is correct, we ARE permitted to say "what is the current MPA of a Custom 22?" and someone answer that. Or, "did the MAP prices just go up on the S2 Custom 24?" or something like that. I think we're allowed to discuss prices in general, and state MAP, but if I understand the rule was made more so that one guy isn't going "I just paid $3500 for my new Custom 24 at xyz store" and then another says "hey, you should go to abc store instead, I just got one for $3000" and things like that.

I don't think the intent of the rule was that we couldn't even tell someone what MAP was on a given guitar. But rather that they don't want people discussing discounts/prices they got compared to MAP prices in the forum.

I based this on answering someone asking for a good price on a guitar, and my stating what I paid for one of my new guitars, back when I first came here (and didn't know this rule yet), and being told pretty quickly by a moderator not to discuss that and why, and asked to remove the price I posted, because I had received a significant discount.

Ooooh .... Don't say that out loud ! :eek: Don't let Paul & Co hear that !

Yeah looks like our beloved S2 594Thinline is now in the $1.600 dollar class (while her chunkier sisters cruise to $1,800 ) But you are letting them know that we GuitarJunkies , will still be on the GuitarHoe Stroll for another $150 !!!:eek::eek::D

Arrrrgh ! :confused:

If I understand it correctly, the rule applies more to people quoting prices paid for a particular guitar, such as "Hey, the Custom 22 MAPs for $3850 but I just got one a Julie's guitars for $3000 out the door." If my understanding of the intention of the rule is correct, we ARE permitted to say "what is the current MPA of a Custom 22?" and someone answer that. Or, "did the MAP prices just go up on the S2 Custom 24?" or something like that. I think we're allowed to discuss prices in general, and state MAP, but if I understand the rule was made more so that one guy isn't going "I just paid $3500 for my new Custom 24 at xyz store" and then another says "hey, you should go to abc store instead, I just got one for $3000" and things like that.

I don't think the intent of the rule was that we couldn't even tell someone what MAP was on a given guitar. But rather that they don't want people discussing discounts/prices they got compared to MAP prices in the forum.

I based this on answering someone asking for a good price on a guitar, and my stating what I paid for one of my new guitars, back when I first came here (and didn't know this rule yet), and being told pretty quickly by a moderator not to discuss that and why, and asked to remove the price I posted, because I had received a significant discount.
This is how I always interpreted the rule.
Don’t forget - their house, their rules. Period.

And why should there be? It’s an arbitrary and completely ridiculous ‘rule’.

A guitar costs what it costs, and the prices are public knowledge and in the public domain, so why block people from talking about it? Stupid.
See my post for clarification.

This is how I always interpreted the rule.
Don’t forget - their house, their rules. Period.

Absolutely, agree. I was addressing those who think the rules is meant to stop us from even answering a question about MAP prices, etc. I think they are cool with that. What they don't want is "this store discounts more than that store" or "so and so just sold me one for X% off" type comments.

And that as a "Rule" would make sense. But to cut off any discussion of MAP prices would not seem to be very "constructive". Yes PRS would not want their Forum to degenerate into a discussion as to what dealer was cutting prices the most . No manufacturer wants to be in the middle of dealers in a discount war.

But if we have misunderstood, I'm sure The Forum Police will tell us.

BTW, this price increase has hit every brand that I shop for. "Inflation" ... is like that.. Its a reflection of the relative value of currency, and when it is worth less than before ,,, Prices go up ...

Back