Is it just me or...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Audie, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Audie

Audie New Member

would anyone like to see the Westie in the S2 or Core lineup.

I would like to see it as a standard hog or standard plain maple body. Regular core options are fine also. but possibly a plain maple top, which would look great with all those amazing PRS colors. Soapbars or 58 15 LT pups and moon inlays. Simple, less is more approach.

I would easily by two or three! Anyone else?

2. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc Get in, loser, we’re going shopping.

I’m good, actually. :)

Ovibos, xjbebop, bodia and 1 other person like this.
  3. shinksma

shinksma What? I get a title?

IMHO, part of the mystique of the Westie is that it is not a common PRS instrument - it was a limited run of a special kind of guitar. I don't think there is the demand for a core or S2 model: once the few dozen of us that have GAS for one got one, there wouldn't be many other frequent sales - most folks would go for the nice flamed maple-topped Santanas. Anyone looking for a cheaper alternative might consider the SE Santana Standard.

But who know? I'm sure if PRS thought there was sufficient potential sales, they would do it.

4. Audie

Audie New Member

I think they would sell. The Vela holds its own and it is a unique body style. The Westie is a classic guitar design and the Santana is an Artist Guitar, which I like, but mot for everyone. A Westie model has its own identity and is a signature PRS body style. I just think it could be an anchor model like the C24.

5. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc Get in, loser, we’re going shopping.

In all seriousness, I think that'd be great.
    I also really hope the SE Santana Standard goes to the Korean updated specs eventually, it'd be an irresistible mod platform for me. A thicker 24 fret Mira with a term would be rad too. A Semi Hollow.... IDK, I want all the Santana/West St. shaped stuff.