Is Ignorance Bliss?

By definition, ignorance has to be bliss. You would be blissfully unaware, so they say, if ignorant. It's knowing and having to deal with and be accountable with information that's tough...

Depends what's being ignored...

Many are ignorant of art, creativity and talent.

They ignore anything the media and the maketing departments / advertisers don't mention.

They would ignore the man or woman on a subway playing a beautiful piece on a beautiful instrument. They'd ignore a fantastic piece of artwork unless they where told it was by a famous artist and priceless. etc... etc...

Depends what's being ignored...

Many are ignorant of art, creativity and talent.

They ignore anything the media and the maketing departments / advertisers don't mention.

They would ignore the man or woman on a subway playing a beautiful piece on a beautiful instrument. They'd ignore a fantastic piece of artwork unless they where told it was by a famous artist and priceless. etc... etc...

I've never heard a Justin Bieber song in my life, at least to my knowledge. I don't feel unhappy about it. Then again, nobody would describe me as blissful. Maybe JB is what's missing in my life, but I think I'll remain ignorant even at the expense of possible bliss. :biggrin:

I've never heard a Justin Bieber song in my life, at least to my knowledge. I don't feel unhappy about it. Then again, nobody would describe me as blissful. Maybe JB is what's missing in my life, but I think I'll remain ignorant even at the expense of possible bliss. :biggrin:

I think that is blissfull.... :)

Only heard fragments of his tunes (They're getting a lot of play over here now he's decided to be a nonce!). Not my cup of tea so I ignore it along with the whole circus and hype that surrounds him. Same with Rihanna and many others.

Some JB in your life is good though... Joe Bonamassa for instance! :)

Think of it this way....if you are super intelligent...you are always weighing each option...evaluating pros and cons...agonizing over the "right" decision.

If you are developmentally disabled...with an IQ of about 47.....you spend the day happily gurgling into your cereal bowl, drooling and watching TV cartoons.

So, yes....ignorance is bliss. For the person who is ignorant. Not for those who have to interact with that person.

Or Jack Black ;)

Ignorance is undoubtedly bliss. That's why dumb people are always so happy about themselves.

Jack Black is a cool fella!

Sometimes ignorance is bliss because you don't see things how they really are... Paying attention to the world (The news behind the news) puts things in a different light. I guess it's mutual though... I don't have a clue what's happening in the latest reality TV show and they don't know how much they're being skwooood by those they put in charge of their money / country / etc... (Slightly political so i'll go no further).

Jack Black is a cool fella!

Sometimes ignorance is bliss because you don't see things how they really are... Paying attention to the world (The news behind the news) puts things in a different light. I guess it's mutual though... I don't have a clue what's happening in the latest reality TV show and they don't know how much they're being skwooood by those they put in charge of their money / country / etc... (Slightly political so i'll go no further).

I was thinking of something similar. I don't see that many blissful people. It's a matter of scale. Best exqmple I can think of is a guy who is searching for lost keys on the train tracks. He may be blissfully unaware of the oncoming train or even thankful for the growing light, but probably he's so angry and focused on being piss3d about his missing keys that he lost perspective. My guess is everyone gets obsessed about what's in their view.

Back