Is a Tremolo (oops, a VIBRATO!) a must have for you?

If I had to choose only one, I would choose one of my PRS guitars with a tremolo. But, I own and play both. There’s applications that I like to use stoptail/two piece bridge set up and times I like to use the tremolo. Not rocket science for me, it just provides more options for tone-scaping. I love the PRS floating tremolo and how it stays in tune no matter how hard I beat it up. I’m not a fan Floyd Rose tremolo’s… maybe I just couldn’t set them up correctly, and didn’t like the locking nut. I’m also not a fan of the locking saddles on the my PS MEV but I use them because they’re there. I don’t think they make much of a difference, but I could be wrong.

Must have - no.
Nice to have - yes if it works as well as the PRS does. If it does not work I tighten the springs and use it as a hardtail.

This thread made me realize that I think I have more stoptail PRS guitars than I do trem models. I had not really thought about that but the stop tail models greatly outnumber the trem models. For instance, I have 4 Piezo equipped PRS guitars. Three of them are stop tails and one is a trem model. Off the top of my head, I think I only have 4 PRS guitars with trems, the rest are stop tails. Another interesting thing is that all of my Suhr and Anderson guitars are trem models.

This thread made me realize that I think I have more stoptail PRS guitars than I do trem models. I had not really thought about that but the stop tail models greatly outnumber the trem models. For instance, I have 4 Piezo equipped PRS guitars. Three of them are stop tails and one is a trem model. Off the top of my head, I think I only have 4 PRS guitars with trems, the rest are stop tails. Another interesting thing is that all of my Suhr and Anderson guitars are trem models.
It's about half and half for me too. But the guitars that get played (my Silver Skys and CE-22's) have tremolos set to float.

Back