Introducing the New S2 Series - Made In Maryland - Starting at $1,179

Wow the media release is fantastic. Comprehensive and professional; specs, ethos, videos and even pics of every model in all the available colours. Well done PRS, the concept, execution and marketing on this is top notch! Very, very well done PRS :congrats:

Listening to the vids now, the Mira sounds incredible! US Stoptail too... I wasn't considering one of these until I watched the JJ Hayes vid. Seafoam and a set of \m/'s (seems to be a common thought here!) and say hello to rawk!

Darn, now listening to the Starla vid and want one of those too! If they bring out a Semi-hollow I think I'd definitely be in trouble... I'd pull the 53/10s from my SE in a heartbeat.

So, which pots will the S2 guitars have? I'm curious about knob speed - US vs SE. PLEASE be the fast knobs.... anyone heard anything? Or can tell from the videos?

This is fantastic, and I'm loving the idea and the price point. But I have to echo some questions:

By looks alone, the trem on the custom (which is the one I am GASing for) looks of similar quality as an SE trem, especially the bar. I hate SE trem bars. That is a little bit of a turn off for me, so I hope that I am wrong and there are differences in the two. I also hope the pickups hold their own. Other than that, I am loving the looks of these, and the locking tuners. I think PRS has the best lockers around, functionally and aesthetically.
The inlay options of the other two are awesome too!

I'm thinkin' John Mann bridges for the Custom ;-)

In like that the S2 Starla has the 25" scale. Might have to grab one of those in antique white in the future! That said....love the idea of the S2 line....the perfect bridge between SE and the core line. Also doesn't hurt that they all look fantastic!

James, you and company have a lot to be proud of.

Very proud of everyone that has been involved in this! It's always amazing to see these folks do what they do best. And they've done it.

Good choice on the white S2 CU24. They look great. I have to admit, I've only taken home a Seafoam Green S2 Mira, which I was THRILLED about. Loved it. Then I took home a S2 Starla in Sienna. That guitar through the Fender DRRI i have.... :eek: Need one.

22 frets Mira and Starla with a 25" inch scale just turned my eyes and GAS to those guitars. With this price tag, I don't have to choose one, I can get both.

Bravo PRS!! You have once again came out with a quality guitar that hits a very reasonable price point. I see a Mira in my future for sure.

I hope they have a boatload on display at the Experience, I think these will move quick. I remember last year when the 408 MT's just came out and were not for sale at the show, I hope these are well stocked at the tables.

So now that the cat is out of the bag on the S2 guitar line how about some new amp news, or at least if nothing is new tell us which amp in the lineup is making those sick noises in the metal pickups demo videos.....

I hope they have a boatload on display at the Experience, I think these will move quick. I remember last year when the 408 MT's just came out and were not for sale at the show, I hope these are well stocked at the tables.

So now that the cat is out of the bag on the S2 guitar line how about some new amp news, or at least if nothing is new tell us which amp in the lineup is making those sick noises in the metal pickups demo videos.....

Judging by the amount of guitars they had out in the world before launch to all the artists, I would say its VERY VERY likely they'll be ready to roll. I mean apparently the S2 endorees have been playing these guitars for a month or two already.

So I skimmed through the post and I don't think I saw an answer to this:

Are the pickups made in house?
The language of the copy suggests no. They use round bobbins too, and all open coil PRS pickups are squabbins (square bobbins) and have been for a couple years now.

Good idea on their part, IMHO. They can save $$ and keep the initial costs low, and let the players install whatever suits them if the stock pickup don't, like a $400 set of 59/09s for example, just more money for the company.

Back