Introducing the New S2 Series - Made In Maryland - Starting at $1,179

So, as internet rumblings go, there is chatter that some of the parts are SE parts...such as the trem on the Custom. Can someone confirm or deny?

I'm thinking their might be a white Custom in my future with some \m/ pickups.

It appears that we have a new section of the factory to tour in September. :rock:

Thank you. I didn't see that. Looks like I'm still going to be buying core line. That is a shame. I'd pay the extra 100$ or so for the real deal trem.

So the buy a USA trem and drop it in or have PTC do it :)

Think of the mod potential!

Nice! Quite taken by the Mira and Strala S2's. How does the Pattern regular neck compare to wide thin/fat?

Here's a great vid I just watched:

The tone when Bernie's jamming out 'Cause We've Ended As Lovers'!

Last edited by a moderator:
22 fret Mira!!!!!! This project is SWEET. Props on the website and presentation of the new line. S2 Mira with \m/ pickups... I'm salivating. Also noticed the Mira and Starla have the pickups mounted in the pickguard, maybe we can get some replacement guards for mounting some soaps or minis...

Been jonesing for a Mira a while, I won't go into detail but these really hit the spot for me. Anyone know if the fret wire is the same stuff as the core models?

Anyways, awesome work PRS crew, great stuff!

James, you and company have a lot to be proud of.
The new page featuring these is so pro looking with all the vids lined up and gallery, everything.
Now that I am home from work I have had a chance to browse over it a bit and catch J's C24 vid.
I could see one of these in my future.
I wish a bass was introduced too though :D

But yes, lots of hard work went into the new site for these.
I wish I had asked Paul or my dealer if I could have tried out the red S2 24 at the meet and greet a few weeks back.

It would be a toss up between these two colors.

cu_bc.jpg

cu_aw.jpg

Been jonesing for a Mira a while, I won't go into detail but these really hit the spot for me. Anyone know if the fret wire is the same stuff as the core models?

Apparently it is the same stuff:

"the nut, jack assembly, fret wire, electronics knobs, and strings are all shared between our Core and S2 instruments."

I'm pretty stoked about the 22 fret, 25" scale Mira. The Mira X and Mira 25th were both 22 frets, but 24.5" scale and alternate woods. The 22 fret, 25" scale all mahogany package was something I have wanted since the original Mira was announced in 2007. Can't wait to check one out.

So, the necks are scarf jointed. I have always considered that to be a budget model only type of construction, something you see on a $200 guitar from China. Simultaneously, when I do see it, I wonder why it's not used more frequently given how much less waste there is in the materials. I have more faith in PRS to make a quality product than any other brand, and if I see this sort of thing on a USA PRS, I'll be damn sure to try one out before criticizing it. Sadly, there are probably hoards of haters out there who would point at that an automatically dismiss it as crap.

Not sure if I overlooked it, but was wondering about a case. Will these come with a hardshell case like the core models or gigbag like SE models?

Exclusive mini review from Musicradrar / Guitarist mag. Full review will be in the next edition of Guitarist mag due the end of this month in the UK.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guit...-on-review-of-new-for-2013-solidbodies-579800

May have to sell my SE C24 and scrape the rest of the cash together through the year and get one of these. Providing I like the Pattern Regular neck or there's no other model that's released that may tempt me more... ;)

Whoaa... Just seen the Starla street price at one shop in the UK. Absolutely not going to mention what it is but... I can't help but think a Seafoam Green Starla would look quite nice on my guitar stand!

Last edited:
McBurst Mira for my pop-punk project under $1500? Don't mind if I do! I imagine these will do very well.

Back