Introducing the New S2 Series - Made In Maryland - Starting at $1,179

Huge props to PRS for these. They sound fantastic! The look is right, too.

So now I have questions:

The videos mention S2 bridges - what are the differences?

And what about the pickups?

What happens to the "S1" Mira and Starla models? I still want one!

In any event, what a great thing to have these at this price point! I see one in Jamie's future.... ;)

I LOVE that Sienna color.

EDIT: I read more about the models on the site, and now have answers about the bridges, etc.

Last edited:
Might have to pick something up at the Experience! I always wanted a Custom 24. I am glad that it doesn't say S2 on the headstock like the SE line and has the PRS signature.

So are the maple tops on the Custom 24 a veneer like the SE version?

Last edited:
The only way to tell the difference between an "S1" and an S2 is by the body shape? I didn't notice any specific markings to signify that it's an S2. That's pretty cool as it's a bit more under cover than the SE. I think it's an excellent price point! That Starla is callin...

This is fantastic, and I'm loving the idea and the price point. But I have to echo some questions:

So now I have questions:

The videos mention S2 bridges - what are the differences?

And what about the pickups?

By looks alone, the trem on the custom (which is the one I am GASing for) looks of similar quality as an SE trem, especially the bar. I hate SE trem bars. That is a little bit of a turn off for me, so I hope that I am wrong and there are differences in the two. I also hope the pickups hold their own. Other than that, I am loving the looks of these, and the locking tuners. I think PRS has the best lockers around, functionally and aesthetically.
The inlay options of the other two are awesome too!

This is fantastic, and I'm loving the idea and the price point. But I have to echo some questions:

By looks alone, the trem on the custom (which is the one I am GASing for) looks of similar quality as an SE trem, especially the bar. I hate SE trem bars. That is a little bit of a turn off for me, so I hope that I am wrong and there are differences in the two. I also hope the pickups hold their own. Other than that, I am loving the looks of these, and the locking tuners. I think PRS has the best lockers around, functionally and aesthetically.
The inlay options of the other two are awesome too!

I think this will answer your questions - http://www.prsguitars.com/s2series/about/

I was spoiled by coil splitting way back in the 90s (thank you, Carvin), so why a 3-way on the Custom as opposed to 5-way OR using both knobs to split the pickups? 5- way preferred, just my opinion.

Awesome news! I appreciated the idea with the X series, but just didn't click with the too flat bodies. Now these? AWESOME!

I'm sorry to hear the original Mira is going away. I love the 24 frets and the mini toggle on mine. The toggle is an easy mod, though.

Too cool!

This are great news!.

It seems to me that PRS is doing the same thing than Fender with their Highway 1 series. I mean, for the S2 CU24, there is the PRS SE bridge.. I could be mistaken but it seems that there is no binding also.

So it has some parts of the SE line, but it's builded on USA, (same as Highway 1). And it gives you the chance to perform upgrades (like changing pickups and, again my guess, the pickup selector) so you can approach to the real CU24. Again a practice that has proven worthy and good for users and company. Very smart move !

I prefer 22 frets, but the 24 could be the replacement for my old SECU22...

Back