Introducing the New S2 Series - Made In Maryland - Starting at $1,179

james

Administrator
Staff member
PRS Guitars’ new S2 Series instruments – the S2 Mira, S2 Starla, and S2 Custom 24 – offer the fit, feel, and attention to detail of PRS craftsmanship in a fresh, straightforward design. Meaning “Stevensville 2,” the S2 Series is named for a second manufacturing line created inside the PRS Stevensville, MD shop that blends new manufacturing techniques with practiced quality control and workmanship to create instruments at a new price point for players. The S2 Series will be in stores in early August and will be made up of the S2 Mira ($1,179), the S2 Starla ($1,249), and the S2 Custom 24 ($1,399).

“We are extraordinarily excited about the S2 Series. This has been a textbook example of how a very dedicated team can come together to create not only a fantastic series of guitars, but a state of the art production line to build them on. We look forward to offering this new series of guitars to an expanded artist and customer base while giving our current customers more options,” said Jack Higginbotham, President, PRS Guitars.

A diverse group of artists, from Indie to Rock to Punk, have road tested these guitars and found them to embody everything they require in an instrument. S2 Artists include Thomas Fekete from Surfer Blood, Steve Stout from Blondfire, Dave Knudson from Minus the Bear, JJ Grey from MOFRO, Isaac Ellsworth from MoneyPenny, Jesse Lawson from Sleeping with Sirens and more.

“This guitar has already changed the way I play. The sounds you can get out of it are incredible. Right out of the box at the house the Starla's were a blast. Even without an amp they're really loud and very easy to play! Probably one of the greatest things about these guitars is that they refuse to go out of tune which is HUGE. Staying in tune is such a big deal for me and having total confidence in a guitar is like having total confidence in the people you play with onstage. I can't say enough about these guitars!” - JJ Grey on his S2 Starla.

This significant investment from PRS is the continuation of a long-term plan to diversify the company and its offerings both vertically and horizontally and to supply more artists and players with tools to create music. With their retro-inspired vibe, hallmark PRS quality, and popular pricetag, the S2 Series is perhaps the strongest example of this yet from PRS.

To explore the S2 Series from PRS Guitars, please visit www.prsguitars.com/s2series

Attachments

• s2series.jpg
    s2series.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 743
Ok. so is there a difference between the Starla pickups and the S2 Starla pickups (same question for the other S2 pickups as well)?

Awesome! Also - great job on the S2 website James, its looks amazing and is filled with info and media!

Cool, those are the ones I saw at the Meet And Greet a cdw weeks back.
Just got the YouTube update too.

I must say I was very skeptical of these and thought that it might be misplaced energy, but after seeing the complete presentation I'm sold. I hope these bring a lot of excitement and joy to people who may have otherwise not considered a real PRS!

Also the execution by the company was fabulous - they have photos of every color for every model, they have plenty of videos and an absolutely information filled website all on launch day. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come! :cheers:

The good news: These guitars are fabulous. They fill the void between the core and SE lines. Now there really are PRS guitars for every budget. And those upper body carves look super comfy for all day - all nigh playing!

The bad news: I see some S2 sized dents in my check book on the horizon....

Oh MY!!! That Mira KILLS!!!!!!!!

Shawn - I think you should let me come "handle" on of these bad boys!!!! I am going to start pimping these to "my people" for sure. So when can we expect the S2 Narrowfields?!?!?!?!

Looks like they will compete with some stuff in the used market also. A new MD made for less than a dinged or buckle rashed used PRS could be a nice option for many buyers.

I am a Starla guy too - but I already have one.

I gotta get one of those 22-fret Mira's. Plain jane. No birds. 100% rock-n-roll.

Now I just need to decide if I want black or Sienna.

So stoked about these. Also to echo some other statements, awesome website! It looks top notch!

Back