Introducing new upgrade BRASS Sustain Block for PRS SE & S2 trem bridges

John Mann

olslowhand
Authorized PRS Dealer
Check this out...
I have just finished my newly designed BRASS sustain blocks for PRS SE and PRS S2 trem equipped guitars !
Direct replacement with no mods. Increase tone... sustain... harmonic content...

The Block will be available within the week from MannMade USA (that'd be me :D ).
You will be able to order the upgrade block directly online at John Mann's Guitar Vault (
www.GuitarVaultUSA.com)
Sound / video files to follow shortly...

This photo is a 2013 PRS SE Santana with the original PRS SE bridge top plate bolted on to a MannMade USA Brass Block, MannMade USA polished saddles, MannMade USA STEEL mounting screws. The bridge now uses a US PRS or MannMade USA arm..
10433894_1481584732082885_5887497352590814188_n.jpg

10387413_1481584738749551_8389509376731618085_n.jpg

10481024_1481584812082877_4331875359044755128_n.jpg

NOTE: This is an upgrade part only. As always... MannMade USA parts are for sale only as after market parts to be installed by you or a qualified tech.

Last edited:
Super cool...can think of 1 or 3 SEs that might benefit from this treatment...good stuff John! #1 will be my upcoming SE EG project...count me in...

The Mann-made stuff is quality. Anyone who is contemplating a new block for their SE trem should really consider replacing the mounting screws as well. The SE screws just pure junk in comparison. I wish I had taken a side by side photo of the screws. It was night and day. You'll get much much better tuning stability with the mann-made screws.

The Mann-made stuff is quality. Anyone who is contemplating a new block for their SE trem should really consider replacing the mounting screws as well. The SE screws just pure junk in comparison. I wish I had taken a side by side photo of the screws. It was night and day. You'll get much much better tuning stability with the mann-made screws.

These will come with new stainless steel US 10-32 screws.

Bangin'!

Are these different dimensions than the standard SE blocks?

The block is designed to directly replace the SE / S2 steel block. This means all the holes will line up with the top plate. Hole sizes and depths are the same as the current PRS core 2 pc bridge. The threaded holes are US 10-32 threads, instead of the metric screws that are on the SE bridge. Three (3) new stainless steel screws will come with the bridge. The bushing will come pre-installed and already reamed out for an arm. I was thinking I would size it for the US arm, but I may also offer it sized for the SE arm... customer choice.

Thank you :beer:

FYI... if you do want to replace the mounting screws, you want to make sure you use the STEEL version of these screws, as the SE bridge plates are steel. I have these in stock and they should be up on my website shortly.

The block is designed to directly replace the SE / S2 steel block. This means all the holes will line up with the top plate. Hole sizes and depths are the same as the current PRS core 2 pc bridge. The threaded holes are US 10-32 threads, instead of the metric screws that are on the SE bridge. Three (3) new stainless steel screws will come with the bridge. The bushing will come pre-installed and already reamed out for an arm. I was thinking I would size it for the US arm, but I may also offer it sized for the SE arm... customer choice.

Cool! I like the option of the Mann/USA arm.

I was curious about the size of the block because the SE one's don't seem to have as much travel as the Mann/USA counterparts do and assumed it was because the block was not the same.

I would love to hear back to back sound clips of the same guitar/amp/mic/mic placement/etc... all variables eliminated, with strictly the block, saddles, and mounting screws swapped out. Has anyone ever done that, even on a non-PRS guitar?

I would love to hear back to back sound clips of the same guitar/amp/mic/mic placement/etc... all variables eliminated, with strictly the block, saddles, and mounting screws swapped out. Has anyone ever done that, even on a non-PRS guitar?

I am working on that... Should be available in a few days...

Not seeing them for sale yet. Is it NEXT week that they are landing?

Are we allowed to mention items we have for sale now in this forum? Or is that only for authorized PRS dealers? ALL Authorized PRS dealers?

Looking forward to seeing the pricing on these and to hearing reviews. WANT!! I think anyway.

These should come bundled with the 1980 spec saddles. Wrap 'em in some cellophane with a pack of smokes an' a bottle of wine and I'd never have to leave the house.

Back