Introduce yourself!

Also into bikes. An old Harley and my new Victory (God, I love that bike...).

Greetings fellow biker. You must have some fantastic roads in NZ, if not a little lonely at times. I like lonely ;)

I see that there's another biker just above you (Rider1260)...

Greetings fellow biker. You must have some fantastic roads in NZ, if not a little lonely at times. I like lonely ;)

I see that there's another biker just above you (Rider1260)...

Warrington! I used to live at Callands. Was a postie there and later, to my eternal shame, worked at Toys r Us....

Roads here are wonderful. Covered in snow just at the moment but 99% of the time are great.

Cheers

I used to live at Callands.

LOL, that is amazing! I used to live in Gresford Close in Callands :)

If you delivered around that area I must have known you, at least by sight, although I haven't lived there for twenty years now. I moved about a mile and a half away to just off Burtonwood Road, near the air base, and you moved to the other side of the world. Sounds like you made the better move ;)

Hey guys,

Zach from MusicStoreLive.com here. We're an online gear dealer based out of Vermont, and it's time for us to have a presence on prsguitars.com :rock: I'll tell you a little about me and us, but you'll probably want to check out our website to get the full picture of what we're doing over here. We've got an awesome team working here to make sure that we constantly have one of the coolest and most comprehensive selections of gear, primarily guitars and basses. Our techs, writers, and sales guys all live and breath gear, and we aim for that to show in our business. I myself am a touring and gigging guitarist and vocalist. I love all kinds of gear and am always looking to learn what I can, or share what I know. I plan on stopping by prsguitars.com and sharing note worthy gear with you guys, and also jumping in on some discussions. Looking forward to getting to know you all, and chatting about gear with a bunch of other heads! Over and out.

Zach Nugent
www.MusicStoreLive.com
[email protected]

Hey there guys,

I've been playing guitar for about 10 years now and I started REALLY getting into PRS about 5 years ago when I got my first PRS. It was an SE EG model that has been discontinued a while.

I really enjoy PRS. I actually almost refuse to play anything else.

Here's my PRS :D

CE22 Blue Matteo 2006
72446_10151542386576098_371993962_n.jpg

398104_10152465775310137_1048763790_n.jpg

I hope to talk to all of you soon :)

Hey there guys,

I've been playing guitar for about 10 years now and I started REALLY getting into PRS about 5 years ago when I got my first PRS. It was an SE EG model that has been discontinued a while.

CE22 Blue Matteo 2006

Welcome guys!

Sweet guitar!

Hi everyone! :)

My name is Dennis. I grew up in norther Virginia, fairly close to Anapolis, Maryland. While in high school my friends and I regularly visited Chuck Levins / Washington Music Center in Maryland. These guys were an early dealer and kept a plentiful stock of PRS guitars. I loved the look of these guitars but I found I preferred playing guitars with bolt-on necks. In late 1987 / early 1988 (I'm terrible at remembering dates) a friend working in another music store received two new bolt-on neck PRS guitars with 'PRS Electric' in text lengthwise across the headstock in plain text (this model became the CE24 - in 1989?). Both were alder body guitars. One was solid red with a maple fretboard, the other was black with exposed alder binding and a rosewood fretboard. Having heard me say that I wished PRS would make a bolt-on neck guitar on more than one occasion my buddy called to let me know that these guitars had arrived.

I rushed down to his store to play the new bolt-neck PRS guitars. The red one didn't sound very good to my ears. The black one (S/N: 870087), however, was very resonant and quite loud when played acoustically. This guitar also felt wonderful to play - exactly what I'd hoped a bolt-on neck PRS would be. I purchased this guitar and it has been my number one for most all of the years since then. This guitar has undergone some changes since then. I stripped the nitro off the back of the neck and finished it with tung oil. The tremolo bridge has been fixed in place with two mahogany blocks. When it came time for a re-fret I had jumbo frets and a bone nut installed (Mike Lull did the work - I've since moved to western Washington state). The electronics have since been changed. The original controls were Volume, Tone, and 3-way toggle selector - this hasn't changed. I added a coil tap switch, added a 180pF treble bleed cap, and swapped the pickups for a set of Seymour Duncan Seth Lover's (I had the SD custom shop pot the hardware only and tape the unpotted tightly to limit the potential for microphonics). IMO these pickups best translate the acoustic tone of this guitar to an amplified signal. The original Schaller made cam-locking tuning machines began to allow the unwound strings to slip around 10 years ago. I installed a standard Schaller set as the tremolo bridge had already been locked in place as a fixed bridge by then. Those have sine been swapped for a set of Hipshot locking tuners. This guitar is willed to my son when I pass away.

Here's a pic:
PRS_CE24.jpg

In 2010 I switched from using tube amps to a Fractal Audio AxeFX modeler. I had a Fuchs ODS combo amp up for sale and a trade offer was made for a PRS SC245 Artist in vintage cherry burst finish. Having not played a set neck guitar in 25 or so years (then a '74 cream Custom Les Paul) I thought I'd give it a try. I initially took to the guitar but the honeymoon was over rather quickly - I still don't much care for set neck guitars. I posted the Artist SC245 as trade bait for a 10-Top PRS Johnny Hiland sig guitar (I had played one while demo'ing an amp in a local store several years earlier and remember being quite impressed with it. I quickly received an offer for a 10-Top Hiland with a charcoal stained flame top and I took the trade. This guitar has turned out to be an ideal fit for me and it sees more play time than my other guitars - it just does so many things so well! The nut has been swapped for a bone nut and the tremolo will eventually be blocked in place as a fixed bridge. It'll otherwise be left alone. It's a shame that the JH sig was not renamed and kept in production (perhaps with more traditional PRS inlays). The pickups and electronics are an amazingly versatile package and plays wonderfully.

Here's a pic:
JH-02.jpg

Another pic showing the top's figuring and exposed binding:
JH-06.jpg

I own one other guitar aside from these two - a custom USA Custom Guitars Strat that I built in 2005. I built this guitar to capture the sound and feel of my very first guitar (a Matsumoku built Vantage strat type that I modded by swapping the bridge pickup out for a humbucker). This guitar saw a lot of play time for a couple of years. I fell ill in 2007 with a neurological condition causing systemic moderate to severe joint pain. I've struggled to keep a consistent practice schedule of 15 minutes per days ever since and this has worked well to keep me playing. I've learned to manage pain without pain medication but I fatigue easily so I'm not able to play as much as I'd like. Overdoing it results in longer recovery time. Anyway, the important bit is that I've since found that the lighter string tension on the 25" scale length PRS guitars is much easier to play than the 25.5" scale length of the Strat. I almost sold this guitar earlier several months ago but decided instead to swap the neck for a 25" scale length conversion neck from USA Custom Guitars. I ordered the neck with the same shape and dimensions as my black PRS Classic Electrics neck and it turned out to be a great decision. The Strat is now no more difficult to play than either of the PRS guitars. This said the PRS guitars see most of my playing time. They've just become a better fit than any other guitar I've ever played. Should I ever decide to buy another guitar it'll no doubt be a PRS.

...And so shall I. NAME: Joe Beasley of Oklahoma City. Guitarist since age 12, currently age 66. Retired Physician Assistant and Part-time college prof. - Currently own a 2007 McCarty Hollowbody and a new Hollowbody II - finest guitars I ever played.

Hi,

We'll go by my forum name since it's been my online persona for so long.

Ironically my first post started: "You had no introduction section so I'm just jumping right in with why I need to be here, with a general Hello....... Hello."

Since here I've received prompt and congenial help and information from members. I'm here because I just purchased a PRS SE Paul Allender. Signed by PRS himself. Which is nice touch. I was still debating the purchases of other PRSs when I first started posting, the information and advice given sort of drove me in the direction of this guitar so I owe the signature to the forum itself. In debt already, and not in any position to give back since most here are infinitely more savvy than I, but I'll try none the less.

I've been an off and on player for over 30 years now. Never taking it too seriously but always enjoying whatever instrument I owned. My first electric was for a payment due for a drywall hanging job. The owner of the building couldn't pay me cash at that very movement, but offered me a guitar and amp he found left behind by someone who was evicted or simply left. My bill was $300.00. He brought out an old case with Grateful Dead and other stickers plastered all over it. It looked like a steamer trunk of a world traveler. And a rather oddly named amp with a single 10" driver. As he put the case down I noticed a metal placard on it with the words "Fender". I opened the case to see an excellent condition Fender Jaguar or JazzMaster of unknown age. I saw Fender on the headstock, quickly closed the case and gave him a nonchalant "yeah I guess this will have to be good enough". Within a week of research (much harder to do back then in '82), I discovered is was a '67 Jaguar with little to no modifications. Played it for quite some time, but lost it during a nasty divorce.

Fast forward to my second wife and she bought me an '82 Gibson Explorer for a wedding present (married about 12 years ago). The tail end of some hard times hit about 3 years ago and I had to sell it. The good news is, things are better now and she encouraged me to replace it, being that it had sentimental value to her (and me). Well I couldn't find an exact replacement, and to tell you the truth I sort of wanted an LP. The LPs I like were out of my range and a co-worker suggested a PRS. Did my research and become more and more impressed with the guitars , the man, and the company.

My pullout from a slow economic tailspin has had me working retail for the last 2 years. I do the job well and have excelled where I work, but it's the most infuriating job I've ever had. So this guitar was hard earned. I can't remember earning pay at such a low rate , in an aggravating position, with worse hours, in order purchase anything in my life. Believe me I really appreciate this guitar much more than any other I've ever owned. This guitar is symbolic that I would do what ever it took to keep my head above water and further than that, become a consumer of goods in this country again. This is the first luxury purchase by me in nearly 5 years. I've gone without to keep what I had. Others have had it worse than I so appreciate that as well. Not everyone was as fortunate as I to land a job 2 years ago when things were at their worst.

So here I am, a 50 year old geezer, with the most radical PRS (signed) who's going to lock himself in the basement with it and start jamming again.

Other interests/occupations:
PC gaming
Watching NHL hockey (Go Bruins)
Carpenter/Contractor
Digital Printer Operator
GrandDad (Pops)

EDIT: Oh yeah the guitar LOL. It's still in transit to my local branch (pics taken by guitar manager before I purchased it):
prssig.JPG

papurple.jpg

Last edited:
Hey there guys,

CE22 Blue Matteo 2006

Very nice guitar! :) Beautiful top too. I'm a big fan of the PRS Bolt-on neck guitars.

Eric - Cincinnati area here! Glad to have found this forum - it's fantastic and the people are WAY more friendly and helpful than the vast majority of "guitar boards". It's a great community for chatting, helping each other out, learning new stuff, etc.

Fairly new to PRS - was a Gibson guy for awhile, but was won over by the PRS quality, feel, sound, etc. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if I never played any other brand again!

My Stable:
-- P24 Limited 10-Top in Vintage Smokeburst,
-- CE in Ruby Red,
-- Paul's Guitar in Charcoal non-burst (Brazilian 'board option),
-- Studio 10-Top in Purple Hazel,
-- "modded" Swamp Ash Special in Whitewash, (DiMarzio PAF 36th Anniversary Humbuckers & DiMarzio True Velvet single coil, 1 push/pull to activate middle regardless of toggle position, 1 push/pull for coil tapping both humbuckers, adjustable wrap around bridge)
-- "modded" Stripped 58 10 Top in Sunset Burst (2 push/pull coil taps)
-- Studio in Vintageburst
-- DGT Artist in Faded Blue Jean Tobacco Burst
-- 408MT in McCarty Sunburst
-- Hollowbody II in Makena Blue
-- DGT 10-Top in Yellow Tiger
-- Santana in Angry Larry
-- "modded" DGT Standard in Frost Blue Metallic (push/pull coil taps on each humbucker)

PRS Custom 50 2-Channel head and 2x12 Boogie Rectifier Cabinet
PRS "30" Head
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic head
Twister Dust Devil 112 Combo
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mark I head

(doesn't seem I can put all my pics in a post, but here's the majority of 'em!)

Paul's Guitar Charcoal Non-Burst
CF228FD1-6DCF-4086-A3A0-C2E88DD19481-589-00000038833CCEDF_zps564ccbdd.jpg

P24 Limited Vintage Smokeburst
AD8DBF01-C63F-456B-AE1C-0061A0C4C98C-589-0000003878857BDF_zpscd0b98ac.jpg

Stripped 58 Sunset Burst
7536C64F-4541-4B97-9494-9B3870A8A282-589-000000386D39BBA9_zps026071e5.jpg

Studio Purple Hazel
E99ED8C7-5E68-4968-8156-32529BF45F92-589-0000003861F36EFD_zpsdb687dea.jpg

Swamp Ash Special Whitewash
A795DA6A-D6BD-48DA-BB16-9B7E8B76FA8E-589-0000003855C80AA0_zps11b4897a.jpg

408 McCarty Sunburst
56B07CF7-3483-4DFD-A3E9-E9967A22076B-6201-000003057D0F9559_zpsef860219.jpg

Santana Angry Larry and DGT Tiger Yellow
CBD153A4-8BFB-459A-8BEF-1CA2E5EAB1B8-15014-000007AD2F52F138_zpsb26305d0.jpg

DGT Artist Faded Blue Jean Tobacco Burst
F84B1494-36A1-48E9-9A72-21C66EC2622C-10081-0000054DFE429270_zpsa6ed76a5.jpg

Hollowbody II Makena Blue
4B3CA9F9-2D53-4C5D-8905-BCC4D0DFC900-10081-0000050B62A59222_zps44e364c2.jpg

Studio Vintageburst
CBA2536B-4B76-4A63-B094-29D94919E01A-4626-000002482C68A6C4_zps8ea9f628.jpg

I'm also a nature photographer (do some work for the local zoo too) and an ice hockey player (left wing/defense and team captain) - yes I still have all my own teeth AND lead the league in PIM's and fighting majors! LOL I also play golf and a little bit of drums!

Looking forward to be a regular, contributing member of this great forum.

Last edited:
Here to Jam!

Hello World! This is a June 2013 513 Artist. I'm Tyler. Nice to belong to a blog. I started playing the guitar as soon as I came on to this earth, Son of a Blues player.
I was A Strt Guy Till I had to Work harder to make my notes sustain. I bought a Santana Se the first year they came out but it felt to cheep with a chunky neck so I sold it. (For the same price I bought it for) Been Modding American Strts for years now. They sound good but... So there I was one Day going to pick up strings. And broke down and bought a swamp ash 513, It was nice But.... I returned it and ordered this here it is.... Hope to chat with you all soon! ~Tyler
20130709_000829.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hey everyone, I'm Jonathan and I just joined the forums recently and this is only the second music-related forum I've joined in the past five years (the first being MyLesPaul)

I own a Moon-Dot PRS SE Custom 24 in Cherry, one that has been modded pretty hard with parts from GFS, Dragonfire, and a custom harness that I won in a raffle from Rewind Pickups a year back or so. The PRS means a wholelot to me, as it's my favorite guitar and i hope one day that I can get the cash for a CE model or even the new S2 C24.

jonman94-albums-guitars-gear-picture54426-new-setup.jpg

I hoping to get into the music industry at some point as I'm currently studying to be a Industrial Engineer at my local state university... hope to stick around here for a good long time and just showoff just how awesome PRS is, even at the SE range.

Well hiya. I joined like two weeks ago and then almost immediately disappeared. Church Camp was to blame, but I thought I'd Tell a bit about myself.

I grew up in and outside of Richmond, VA. lived out in the rural area for 5 years, and they were some of the best years that I have experienced, not that almost 19 years is a lot to go on. I started playing guitar at a bit younger than 15, when I was given a guitar by a family friend. I still have that yamaha, and am fixing it up to teach Dad a few things. As my music tastes spread, I began to notice that most lead guitarists were using one of three brands: Fender Tele's, Gibson LP's, and this brand I had never heard of called, "Paul Reed Smith". I instantly fell In love with these guitars on sight, and when I walked into my Cousins music store and saw a PRS Doublecut on the wall, I almost Screamed. My PRS looks a lot like the Red one in Mulli's Picture, having the same Headstock, Hardware, and Inlays(Can anyone tell me what those are called??), but has a Dark Green finish, Covered Humbuckers, and a wraparound Bridge. Ive been told that It sounds bad, and realize that I need a better one(luckily the birthday Is right around the corner), but I do and always will love that bad boy to death.

I moved to Lakeland, Florida right before my 17th Birthday due to My dads job transfer. I still live here, and love it(except for the heat). I now Play in my Church Youth band (Acoustic and sometimes bass), and when I found out PRS had a forum I was Like "YESSS other people who are obsessed with Prs like me!!!!" My obsession is so bad, I wont even buy or consider buying other guitars. I am an addict. Das pretty much it. Oh and Im a music fanatic. Im done.

Back