Introduce yourself!

Hello, forum members! I am beyond excited to have finally obtained a PRS - a flawless 2020 McCarty 594 in Yellow Tiger! I've been a PRS fan since the late 90s. My favorite artist, Daniel Johns of Silverchair, played numerous PRSs, and the guitarist in my band had one at the time as well.

While I've been playing for 27 years, I haven't done anything serious since I was in that band my last two years of high school. I'm self-taught, but I am starting formal lessons this coming Monday, so I'm pumped to fill in lots of knowledge gaps.

I'm looking forward to advancing my skills and (re-) recording some music I've written over the past quarter-century.

Thank you to everyone here who provides their knowledge - I look forward to learning and growing as a player and proud PRS owner!
Good to have you on board Strummer82! Sounds like a great axe in hand, looking forward to the pix!! Best wishes on the lessons!!!

Finally got my early birthday present. Isn't the Black Gold Burst I had ordered. Unfortunately the expected delivery date was pushed out to August and I don't have the patience to wait that long. With the unknowns in the ordering process, I chose something in stock, and it appears to be a relatively rare custom order Burnt Maple Leaf Wrap Burst. I didn't even know what that was until I started looking for information about it (feel free to enlighten me) as it isn't a stock color. Anyway, see below for the eye candy, my first PRS, Modern Eagle V.

Modern-Eagle-V.jpg

Modern-Eagle-VBack.jpg
Modern-Eagle-VFront.jpg

Finally got my early birthday present. Isn't the Black Gold Burst I had ordered. Unfortunately the expected delivery date was pushed out to August and I don't have the patience to wait that long. With the unknowns in the ordering process, I chose something in stock, and it appears to be a relatively rare custom order Burnt Maple Leaf Wrap Burst. I didn't even know what that was until I started looking for information about it (feel free to enlighten me) as it isn't a stock color. Anyway, see below for the eye candy, my first PRS, Modern Eagle V.
Gorgeous guitar! Congratulations! I had a similar situation and ended up with a different, but amazing, color than originally intended also, but since all PRSi are a work of art, you can't really go wrong. Enjoy!!

Modern-Eagle-V.jpg

Modern-Eagle-VBack.jpg
Modern-Eagle-VFront.jpg
Killer score and cheers to many more! Welcome to the addiction club!!

Hello,
I am so glad to join the forums as a new PRS guitar owner. I have been looking locally for a Custom 24 10-top for a couple of years (specifically gray/black color). I finally saw one that I liked at a local Guitar Center and bought it and in the process traded in a Fender Strat and Gibson Studio towards the purchase. I really like the feel and aesthetics of the PRS (I plan to drop it off at the factory for proper setup).
Look forward to the various topic discussions.
Regards - VCT

Hello,
I am so glad to join the forums as a new PRS guitar owner. I have been looking locally for a Custom 24 10-top for a couple of years (specifically gray/black color). I finally saw one that I liked at a local Guitar Center and bought it and in the process traded in a Fender Strat and Gibson Studio towards the purchase. I really like the feel and aesthetics of the PRS (I plan to drop it off at the factory for proper setup).
Look forward to the various topic discussions.
Regards - VCT
Congratulations!!

Greetings all!

Been patiently awaiting my first PRS since the early 1990s when I picked up a EG bolt-on at our local shop (that was the first time I'd every seen a PRS...).

Fast forward many, many years, and another decade spent playing the bass-- into retirement. Then last fall while rearranging my music room I found my wife's Tele Deluxe, dusted it off, tuned it up (still has VERY old strings) and began to noodle. That spark led to me digging out of the attic my old Carvin DC90 from its first year of production. Changed out the strings and began noodling on it... That guitar plays so nicely, I found myself spending more time on that than on my bass.

With a fresh fire inside, I decided to see what's new in the guitar world and spent some time online catching up. Carvin as I knew it is no more, now being run by one of the young sons who is building... uhm,... interesting guitars; too far-out for me. Fender's pricing is a bit crazy(!) and the examples I played were not inspiring. There was a PRS SE that looked good, and played like a dream! Long story short, I began researching PRS, and some weeks later-- after selling a bunch of recently neglected bass gear-- placed an order online for a new CE24 with an amber finish.

FedEx tells me the new guitar is due to arrive this Monday!

So I figured to join up with y'all and spend some time in the forum to keep me distracted from watching & waiting for the pot to boil.

Now I've a little money remaining in the guitar budget-- which is going toward a new amp. Tube amps are wwaayy out of my price range, so I've been checking out the modeling amps; Boss Katana looks promising... and there's this little thing called a "Spark" which is likely too small... the research continues :D

Looking forward to hanging out with y'all!

~M

Last edited:
Greetings all!

Been patiently awaiting my first PRS since the early 1990s when I picked up a EG bolt-on at our local shop (that was the first time I'd every seen a PRS...).

Fast forward many, many years, and another decade spent playing the bass-- into retirement. Then last fall while rearranging my music room I found my wife's Tele Deluxe, dusted it off, tuned it up (still has VERY old strings) and began to noodle. That spark led to me digging out of the attic my old Carvin DC90 from its first year of production. Changed out the strings and began noodling on it... That guitar plays so nicely, I found myself spending more time on that than on my bass.

With a fresh fire inside, I decided to see what's new in the guitar world and spent some time online catching up. Carvin as I knew it is no more, now being run by one of the young sons who is building... uhm,... interesting guitars; too far-out for me. Fender's pricing is a bit crazy(!) and the examples I played were not inspiring. There was a PRS SE that looked good, and played like a dream! Long story short, I began researching PRS, and some weeks later-- after selling a bunch of recently neglected bass gear-- placed an order online for a new CE24 with an amber finish.

FedEx tells me the new guitars is due to arrive this Monday!

So I figured to join up with y'all and spend some time in the forum to keep me distracted from watching & waiting for the pot to boil.

Now I've a little money remaining in the guitar budget-- which is going toward a new amp. Tube amps are wwaayy out of my price range, so I've been checking out the modeling amps; Boss Katana looks promising... and there's this little thing called a "Spark" which is likely too small... the research continues :D

Looking forward to hanging out with y'all!

~M
Welcome to the slippery slope Monahan! I am sure you will love your CE24, and of course want more!!

Thanks! Yes, that slippery slope is real :D I've already been dreaming of a Midnight Rose Silver Sky with rosewood fingerboard :D
You've come to the right place if you are looking for enablers! The 3 PRSi I have were all purchased within 6 months because after I got the first one, I "needed" more!! If work was not so slow right now (I work as a consultant so no steady check), I would have more!!!

Hello Everyone….
Back in another lifetime, I spent 12 years in the music biz, the recording console was my instrument. Before that, I played a little bass, and even less guitar. I was on staff at Electric Lady Studios, Motown’s Hitsville West, Studio 55, before opening my own studio. Fast forward 30 years and I decided I wanted to play guitar again, and play blues. I started buying guitars based on my studio experiences as I was going along.
My PRS thing came in the past year or so. I ordered an SE Silver Sky, but had second thoughts, first of all I wasn’t a Strat guy, even had one and never bonded with it, I liked Teles. Secondly, I decided I wanted a “real” PRS. Couldn’t decide between an S2, or selling like 7 of mine to get a Core! Friend of mine was wearing me out about getting one, and had I even held one yet? I found my local GC had a “Custom 24”, and the crappy picture made it look like it led a hard life. I threw a Les Paul and a Tele in my car, just in case. Told my wife I just wanted to see what they felt like, this one looked like a beater and no way I was buying it.
When they finally found it, it was a pristine piano black finish Custom, not a scratch or ding anywhere. I plugged it in, played with the rotary switch and fell in love with it. Traded my Les Paul Classic-T, and canceled the SS order. When I got it home, I discovered they had it marked wrong, it was. ‘97 Custom 22 with the Dragon 1 pickups! Score!
Last week I got a 2023 faded blue SE Paul’s Guitar! Loving it too. I originally wanted a 24-08, but wanted these TCI-pickups with their more P90-ish sound!

Hello Everyone….
Back in another lifetime, I spent 12 years in the music biz, the recording console was my instrument. Before that, I played a little bass, and even less guitar. I was on staff at Electric Lady Studios, Motown’s Hitsville West, Studio 55, before opening my own studio. Fast forward 30 years and I decided I wanted to play guitar again, and play blues. I started buying guitars based on my studio experiences as I was going along.
My PRS thing came in the past year or so. I ordered an SE Silver Sky, but had second thoughts, first of all I wasn’t a Strat guy, even had one and never bonded with it, I liked Teles. Secondly, I decided I wanted a “real” PRS. Couldn’t decide between an S2, or selling like 7 of mine to get a Core! Friend of mine was wearing me out about getting one, and had I even held one yet? I found my local GC had a “Custom 24”, and the crappy picture made it look like it led a hard life. I threw a Les Paul and a Tele in my car, just in case. Told my wife I just wanted to see what they felt like, this one looked like a beater and no way I was buying it.
When they finally found it, it was a pristine piano black finish Custom, not a scratch or ding anywhere. I plugged it in, played with the rotary switch and fell in love with it. Traded my Les Paul Classic-T, and canceled the SS order. When I got it home, I discovered they had it marked wrong, it was. ‘97 Custom 22 with the Dragon 1 pickups! Score!
Last week I got a 2023 faded blue SE Paul’s Guitar! Loving it too. I originally wanted a 24-08, but wanted these TCI-pickups with their more P90-ish sound!
That's an awesome score at the store. Congrats on both axes!

I’ve had really good luck with GC not having a clue about what they’re selling. I stumbled on a used amp, good pic this time, that I’ve lusted for. A HIWATT Custom 20 Combo with two 10” original Fane speakers. Their Custom amps are all hand built and hand wired in the UK. GC had it priced about $1,000 less than just the heads on Reverb!

Hello Everyone….
Welcome Stevie! Glad you found your way to the promised land of PRS!! We will do our best to ensure you acquire additional PRSi, and we LOVE pictures!!!

Hello Everyone….
Welcome!
Glad to hear that long in the music business hasn't soured you on playing guitar :D
Enjoy your new instruments!

Back