Introduce yourself!

Hello all, I've been a pros fan for years and regrettably sold my USA models for money that I needed. I currently have an SE custom semi hollow.

Greetings from Argentina!

I became a PRS user this year actually, and i find them, the best instruments i've ever played! I'm the happy owner of the following: P22 - 513 25th - CU24 EXP2011 LTD - CU24 20TH - Modern Eagle Quatro

600440_491556207581273_2095632917_n.jpg

943591_491557030914524_1682682099_n.jpg

Greetings, newbie here. I pulled the trigger today on a new '13 Blue Crab Blue Hollowbody II. After running around to 6 different L.A. stores, I ended up ordering one from Sweetwater, via Ebay. Can't wait for it to arrive! This will be my first PRS and my first guitar in this price range. I've been playing since I was 13 (I'm now 63). I've had a variety of guitars over the years, but they mostly tended towards lower-to-middle-end instruments. My last 4 6-string electrics have all had piezo-equiped bridges, so in combination with my desire to have a semi-hollow guitar, the PRS Hollowbody II seemed like my dream axe. I've performed and recorded in a variety of venues over the years, including making my living at it for quite a few years, but these days my playing is primarily at church.

That's an impressive array of guitars Mercano. Welcome to the forum.

BuckyB, as you have proved, it's never too late to get that "dream" guitar. I thought I was late at 53 :) Welcome to the forum.

I've only been here a week myself so it feels a bit weird welcoming you guys ;)

I must have been really tired the other night when I made my introductory post. Somehow I made myself 2 years older than I actually am. I'm 61, not 63 (not that it makes any difference). Also, I stated that my soon to arrive Blue Crab Blue Hollowbody II is a 2013. Looking at a picture of the serial number, I see that the prefix is "12". Also, BCB is not a current stock color for the HBII. So I presume my guitar is a 2012. Was BCB a stock color for '12's I wonder? Originally, the FedEx ETA was Thursday the 13th, but now it's Friday the 14th. Boo! I also ordered a 10' dual 1/4" to dual 1/4" cord to split the outputs to (magnetic pickups) my HD500 and (LR Baggs system) my acoustic processor (currently a Zoom 504). I guess you could say I'm "chompin' at the bit". I see on the PRS website that they recommend an 11-49 string set with a wound 3rd. The bridge is adjustable, so I wonder why I couldn't just use the standard plain 3rd that comes with a set of 11-49 Elixers.

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Art and I am from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

I own a Gibson LP Custom, a Gibson LP Slash Sig and an FGN Tele.

Last week my usual guitar shop took delivery of a PRS Santana Sig and I played it, immediately fell in love with it and I had paid a deposit for it.

So here I am. :)

Kind regards,
art harun

You're absolutely right and I will, soon. It came today and I played it for a few minutes, but have had to direct all of my energy today to replacing the kitchen sink, reversing the location of the disposer and all of the associated plumbing. I'm no plumber, so it takes me A LOT longer that it should. I just now got everything working again and am typing this while I take a little break. This I need to do the caulking and clean up the humongous mess I made in the process. After that will come guitar time. I also need to put another guitar hanger on the wall and take a family photo or 2. I'm definitely playing it at church Sunday. Bye the way, I'm amazed that the 11 strings actually feel just fine. I played 9's for years until maybe 15 years ago when I switched to a "hybrid" set. On the Agile LP copy, I started using 10's for the last couple of years, so I guess this is just a natural progression.

I'll have some pictures up within the week.

Thank you Shawn@PRS and Veinbuster.

Will post my guitar pics as soon as I learn how to do it. :)

Hmm...

Dunno if I'm blind or what, but it seems that I am your 1st Finn in here. I trid to read this thru carefully, but..

As you all poropably knew already, Finns mainly nest in a country called Finland. Them peskies. For those who find the breed unfamiliar, short descriptive information follows: When U.S of A was new, there were signs next to saloon doors where it said:" No alcohol served to indians and Finns". That was because the indians used to get hostile because of booze and the Finns got friendly. Normal saturday night in Finland - as you've all heard - includes heavy drinking of illegal, home made alcohol, wrestling with polar bears, castrating reindeers by biting and friendly free-for-all type stabbing contest.

Finns may also be terrible liars...

However sad it is to have your first (or last maybe) Finn in here, i have a real reason to join you people. Actually i have 3. Those are -04 CE22, -12 SE245 and -06 Santana SE. I'm not saying that i'm much of a guitar player but that does't matter. Those guitars are so good people haven't noticed it yet.

Appears that i am 46 years old. In time of writing this blabber, the count from my first public appearance in a rock band has reached 34 years. Can't remember the whole set, but there was Johnny B Goode and Get off my cloud from The Stones at least. Of course there was also a 12 years old hot shot with sixpack and lots of throwing up later in the night, but it was some kinda start anyways.

Aaaaannnd the rest of the journey hasn't been much cleaner, so i show some humanity and save you people from it.

My story with PRS started about two years ago. Before that i've had my share of guitars, but for few reasons there has been no PRS's in them. Guess it's the idea of Jimi and Stevie playing strats making people do bad desicions by buying them those F-words. My F's have been from pure **** (one American standard type from -81) to Decent (last years SRV), but there has been no excellent one in them 5 (or 6 if we count the MIJ in) I've owned. But 2 years ago i popped in a local shop and noticed this wine red Santana SE in there. After short test, i carried it home. The wide fat neck was the thing. Looks like i've been looking for that all my (when there is no better word to describe it, i use) career. In 2012 short visit in the same shop made me proud owner of SE 245. I was actually after some strings, but it ended up this way.

Yes. SHE did show some signs of not understanding it, but got silent after i told her that i never mentioned if those strings were going to be attached in a guitar or not.

Finally last thursday i swapped my SRV to CE22. Poor bugger even gave me few hundred euros for it. I felt like thief. For some reason CE's appear to be cheap. But i swapped a 1770eur SRV (as new) to 2690eur CE22 (as new) and got real money in between those.

Noooo! I didn't come here to brag (oh yes i did ;) ) but to finally join in this fine club of extraordinary (ladies?) and gentlemen.

Lost my line in here... Oh yes!

I was amazed of the quality of work in that Korean made Santana. I also found no reasons to change anything in it (parts). All it needed was heavier strings and hard playing. For me it had worth more than many made in usa notsayingthosebrandsbecauseofpossibleban's. When the 245 came in, i was really amazed. Dunno if i got just extremely fine one or what, but it sounds and acts better than any singlecut i've ever laind my hands on. And believe me, i've fumbled some very expensive ones. It weights practically nothing and the sustain... I could pick it, go have a dump and come back to hear it still playing. Also flame top with that money. Sheesh! No wonder i was just looking good trade with the last F in the house. Took some time to find someone willing to trade. Last 2 nites i've been playing. Can't wait 'til next wednesday. There is some real job for it then.

I believe i need few more PRS's thou. I think some kinda strato killer (305 perhaps) would be nice and also a hollow body is a must. Let's hope it rains money in here soon.

So here i am (sorry for that). Now entertain me ;)

Edit: Some eye candy

sticks1.jpg
[/URL] image ru[/IMG]

and

sticks2.jpg
[/URL] image hosting no sign up[/IMG]

Last edited:
Hi. Molly here down in NZ.

Been playing since '75 after hearing Brian May. Had a few years as a professional but it didn't come to anything. Now a teacher. Had no end of guitars over the years. Some I wish I'd kept (that nice Les Paul Custom just like Randy Rhoads' or the mint Gibson Explorer I picked up for a song), some I was glad to see the back of (too many to list) and some I still have and want rid of (my Godin - never got on with that guitar and the expectation I had that it'd come right with time didn't materialise). Got a nice '80s US Strat and a surprising Chinese Fender 'Modern Player' Telecaster that's just too good a guitar for the money it cost.

I'm on YouTube somewhere widdling away: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fziY3LM_jaw That reminds me. '76 Les Paul Pro Deluxe. Should've kept that too.

Also into bikes. An old Harley and my new Victory (God, I love that bike...).

Anyway, hello folks.

Back