Introduce yourself!

Hi everyone, I'll jump in with both feet!
Kinda early in my guitar journey but not totally new to music, although it's been many years as a band geek way back in high school. Decided a few years ago to get back into music and pick up a guitar. Last Friday after weeks of looking around for that one solid body I had to have I finally thought a fool and his money should certainly be separated and so it was done. A Modern Eagle V in Black Gold is on order and should be here next month. I probably won't do it any justice, but I'm putting in some extra time in hopes I'll know at least five notes by then!

I look forward to all the comradery here!
Ben

Hi everyone, I'll jump in with both feet!
Kinda early in my guitar journey but not totally new to music, although it's been many years as a band geek way back in high school. Decided a few years ago to get back into music and pick up a guitar. Last Friday after weeks of looking around for that one solid body I had to have I finally thought a fool and his money should certainly be separated and so it was done. A Modern Eagle V in Black Gold is on order and should be here next month. I probably won't do it any justice, but I'm putting in some extra time in hopes I'll know at least five notes by then!

I look forward to all the comradery here!
Ben
Welcome Ben!
Way to swing for the cheap seats!
Please post some pics when it arrives and, as always, don’t forget to include one in your avatar.;):)

Howdy y'all. Brand new member to the forum, just joining last night. Even though I've never owned one, I've always been a fan of PRS guitars, as I grew up in Maryland. I remember the first time I ever heard and seen one being played and just fell in love. I knew that one day I would have the pleasure of owning at least one. I really like birds and have studied hawk migration and have always loved the fret birds as well. My screen name "Chicken hawk" is the old nickname for the Cooper's Hawk, which is the bird famously inserted on the 12th fret.

After a 20 year hiatus from playing guitar, I've really got the itch to start playing again. I've been researching gear for the last 2 months and naturally, I want my next, first guitar to be a PRS. Look forward to having some discussions about this great brand and learn some things along the way.

Howdy y'all. Brand new member to the forum, just joining last night. Even though I've never owned one, I've always been a fan of PRS guitars, as I grew up in Maryland. I remember the first time I ever heard and seen one being played and just fell in love. I knew that one day I would have the pleasure of owning at least one. I really like birds and have studied hawk migration and have always loved the fret birds as well. My screen name "Chicken hawk" is the old nickname for the Cooper's Hawk, which is the bird famously inserted on the 12th fret.

After a 20 year hiatus from playing guitar, I've really got the itch to start playing again. I've been researching gear for the last 2 months and naturally, I want my next, first guitar to be a PRS. Look forward to having some discussions about this great brand and learn some things along the way.

Welcome chicken hawk.

The old name for the Red Kite is sh!te hawk, as they cleaned up faeces and were kept for that purpose.

Unfortunately where I am in Scotland, they have only just started to regain a foothold after being re-introduced. Sadly they were hunted to extinction in the last century.

I don’t have a tortoise story for the 24th fret marker, sorry.

Hope you get a PRS soon.

Had PRS SE's and S2's off and on for years. Currently waiting for a SE Pauls Guitar on Monday. Love the quality and variety. Older adult beginner. Loyal Sweetwater customer, with a shout out to Jimmy Hart!
Welcome Alan!
Looking forward to seeing your new guitar.
Don’t forget to put a pic into your avatar!;):)

Hi,
introducing myself, my name is Pete, I am German and play guitar since the age of 14 what means since 1969.
I bought my first PRS at the end of the 90s, it was a Custom 22 Artist in whale blue. Since this I bought and sold several PRS guitars, e.g. Tremonti, McCarty, Custom 24 as well es some vintage stuff from 1986, 1987 and 1991.
I’m an active player in a semi-pro hardrock band and own a total of 30 guitars and 10 amps. My oldest gear is a 1958 Fender Stratocaster and 1971 Marshall halfstack. Concerning PRS at the moment I own a pre law suit single cut from the year 2000 and will go this week either for a Joe Walsh 594 SC or a Robben Ford McCarty. At least the playability will make the decision between these two, I loved the wide fat neck and have to try what will fit my hands better, the vintage pattern of the JW or the pattern of the RF. I will keep you posted.

Hi there.I'm a newbie. I am a pro guitarist/singer/songwriter from Suffolk UK. I owned a McCarty a long time ago but sadly had to sell her around 2012. I have been itching to get another ever since, and this week have taken delivery of a DGT SE in Tobacco Sunburst. I absolutely love it. I am amazed at the quality of this SE model and am overjoyed to be playing a PRS again. I have been a Strat player most of my playing career (47 years now) but I played my first gig with the DGT SE last Sunday, and used her for the entire gig. We bonded immediately! Congrats to PRS and Mr Grissom for bringing this amazing guitar out in the SE range. Kind regards.SJC.

Hi there.I'm a newbie. I am a pro guitarist/singer/songwriter from Suffolk UK. I owned a McCarty a long time ago but sadly had to sell her around 2012. I have been itching to get another ever since, and this week have taken delivery of a DGT SE in Tobacco Sunburst. I absolutely love it. I am amazed at the quality of this SE model and am overjoyed to be playing a PRS again. I have been a Strat player most of my playing career (47 years now) but I played my first gig with the DGT SE last Sunday, and used her for the entire gig. We bonded immediately! Congrats to PRS and Mr Grissom for bringing this amazing guitar out in the SE range. Kind regards.SJC.
Welcome and congratulations on your new DGT, SJC!
Great job getting a pic into your avatar. Definitely post some pics of your DGT.
DGT fever is running high around here.:p:D

Hello! Just joined the forum. No idea why didn't do it sooner.

I am a big fan of Les Pauls, and like Teles and Strats a lot. I had a 594 McCarty Semi Hollow some time ago but prefered my Eastman SB59/v and my R8 back then.
Also had a Silver Sky USA and a Silver SKy SE. Both great, but prefered the more traditional tone of a regular Strat.

I have been appreciating PRS more and more but werent my thing.

But got this year a PRS Paul's Guitar SE, wanted to try one with 25 scale length and damn. It finally clicked for me the PRS thing. The other PRS were all fantastic, but I'm more of a humbucker guy so the SS maybe would have kept it cos played amazing, but I'm good with just 1 strat style guitar, but since got the Paul's Guitar SE, my Les Pauls and Tele and Strat have been collecting dust.

And shortly after I went and grabbed a 1999 McCarty Soapbar that has Lollar P90's. And wow this sounds superb.

I think I'm finally a PRS guy, and I want a 594 again, lol. Thinking of the SE, althoough I also would like to get the DGT SE as well. Tough decision, hehe.

But the PRS's just play so nice, now it's a bit tough to grab the LP or the Fenders.

cS4M6Xw.jpg

7YStrmu.jpg

Hello, forum members! I am beyond excited to have finally obtained a PRS - a flawless 2020 McCarty 594 in Yellow Tiger! I've been a PRS fan since the late 90s. My favorite artist, Daniel Johns of Silverchair, played numerous PRSs, and the guitarist in my band had one at the time as well.

While I've been playing for 27 years, I haven't done anything serious since I was in that band my last two years of high school. I'm self-taught, but I am starting formal lessons this coming Monday, so I'm pumped to fill in lots of knowledge gaps.

I'm looking forward to advancing my skills and (re-) recording some music I've written over the past quarter-century.

Thank you to everyone here who provides their knowledge - I look forward to learning and growing as a player and proud PRS owner!

Hello, forum members! I am beyond excited to have finally obtained a PRS - a flawless 2020 McCarty 594 in Yellow Tiger! I've been a PRS fan since the late 90s. My favorite artist, Daniel Johns of Silverchair, played numerous PRSs, and the guitarist in my band had one at the time as well.

While I've been playing for 27 years, I haven't done anything serious since I was in that band my last two years of high school. I'm self-taught, but I am starting formal lessons this coming Monday, so I'm pumped to fill in lots of knowledge gaps.

I'm looking forward to advancing my skills and (re-) recording some music I've written over the past quarter-century.

Thank you to everyone here who provides their knowledge - I look forward to learning and growing as a player and proud PRS owner!
Welcome Strummer. When you hit 10 posts, toss up some pics of that beast!

Back