Introduce yourself!

Hi everyone! Another PRS fan here with gear that far outstrips my skills. As you might tell by my avatar I'm a big prog rock/prog metal fan and I'm excited to chat about weird music and fancy gear with everyone here.

Was a Gibson person until I tried a Custom 24 a couple years ago and now... I own 2 PRS models with a 3rd on order. Funny how that happens.

Hi everyone! Another PRS fan here with gear that far outstrips my skills. As you might tell by my avatar I'm a big prog rock/prog metal fan and I'm excited to chat about weird music and fancy gear with everyone here.

Was a Gibson person until I tried a Custom 24 a couple years ago and now... I own 2 PRS models with a 3rd on order. Funny how that happens.
Welcome to the forum.
Good on you for starting with an avatar.

Welcome VH5.
Your multiplying PRS story is just about the same for everyone here!
Just never say “last one”.:p:D

iu

Don't know why he always reminded me of @ScottR Maybe the hairdo.

Name is Jeremy, I'm a pastor and a service advisor at a mechanic shop. I'm not a pastor at the mechanic shop, but at a church, in case it wasn't obvious. I live right outside of New Orleans, Louisiana. I'm 43, started playing guitar when I was 9. My dad taught me "Needle & The Damage Done", okay. So, it wasn't quite as detailed as Neil wasn't doing it, but it was workable. I've been in love with the guitar ever since. I've written some songs, nothing you've heard unless you've been eves dropping in my living room or hanging around the church. I love playing blues, I love playing southern rock. I'd have to say my favorite band to play is Third Day if any of you are familiar with them.
I remember searching Musicians friend website just browsing guitars when I came across these Paul Reed Smith guitars. I was familiar with Gibson, I was familiar with Fender and the mainline brands. But I never knew anyone with a PRS nor had I heard anyone talking about them. They were beautiful, the reviews had me wondering why my ears have never heard them before. So, I started checking PRS out and realize I had heard them! Just didn't realize it. Anyways, I bought the SE Custom 24, I believe it was. It was a lower cost guitar. Yet it was the highest quality instrument I had held and played in all my years of jamming. That was about, forgive me for the approximation, 16 years ago maybe?
Fell on hard times, ended up having to let it go. I may or may not have shed tears, it was a blur. Ever since the day of its departure I've anticipated the day of the next one. I ordered my SE 594 McCarty right at the turn of 2023, like Jan. 3rd. I'm still waiting for it and the excitement is unimaginable.
I came across these forums because I'm addicted to looking at PRS guitars, straps, glasses, shirts, artist, players, pedals. I just can't get enough PRS! Watching that timeline of the 15-year employee build was the most fascinating documentary I think I've ever seen. So, thanks for that. Thanks to all of you for the information and expertise that is easily found on these forums. I appreciate being here and looking forward to my new PRS.
Cheers darling.

Good evening everyone

I am brand new here and, while I do not yet own a PRS, I do use a PRS stand

Since the first time I ever stepped foot into a Guitar Center decades ago, I was enthralled by the Whale Blue color on a PRS guitar

However, I have yet to purchase one -- I would love to find one that was in Whale Blue for the entire neck and body and not just the top - I have yet to come across one so I will keep searching

Back