Introduce yourself!

Aye! Thanks Moondog Wily! :D tried a thing or two, with little success, then just said,,,'to heck with it, just drop the link they give you into the message body', and it worked.
I've had tons of guitars,,,just those two PRS, and a couple of others and a bass, and a bunch of acoustic inst, several synts, etc. these days, but I busy myself mostly with recording guitar, anymore. They both perform very well, though I think I'll have to get another PU for the Vela. The one on the SE works great. I 'think' it's one of the Asian HFS that were creeping in about that time, according to some things said in my PRS Book. Whatever it is, it screams! I don't use but the rear pickup, anymore. LOL

Greetings from France.
Glad to be back.
I'm the guitarist and singer in the Dr Pickup band based out of Toulouse.
I use the following PRS guitars. (Each one is the favorite when I play it)
A 08 Single Cut Hollowbody I with Piezo.
A 03 Single Cut Trem Artist.
A 04 McCarty Spruce Hollow body.
A 09 Nitro McCarty
A 90 Custom 24
A 1st Generation (can't remember the year) SE Soap bar
90 % live and studio work thru a Koch Studiotone, also a Fender Pro CS 1959 RI and an H&k Puretone combo.
In time I'll line up some pics. And a happy new year to all.

that's very cool, Dr pickup. I've had a Custom 22 Artist Package, and an SC 250, and an old beat McCarty,,,all Core models. I unloaded the Custom 22 because I wanted a stoptail, and the SC 250 because I'm just not that crazy about single cuts,,,nice guitars, for sure, just not my thing. The McCarty,,,couldn't get it to play like I wanted,,,should have spent more time with it, really. Now I just have the SE Standard and the Vela. I like the SE Standard the best. if the Vela had a stronger pickup, maybe, but it's not really designed for the kind of music I like to play, and record, these days. Is why I'd like a Core Standard 22 Stoptail. I never have used Vibrato Units, and the PRS Stoptail, is, to me, a work of art. And functionality. Great for palm muting. :)

Bon Aneé a vous, aussi!

Greetings from France.
Glad to be back.
I'm the guitarist and singer in the Dr Pickup band based out of Toulouse.
I use the following PRS guitars. (Each one is the favorite when I play it)
A 08 Single Cut Hollowbody I with Piezo.
A 03 Single Cut Trem Artist.
A 04 McCarty Spruce Hollow body.
A 09 Nitro McCarty
A 90 Custom 24
A 1st Generation (can't remember the year) SE Soap bar
90 % live and studio work thru a Koch Studiotone, also a Fender Pro CS 1959 RI and an H&k Puretone combo.
In time I'll line up some pics. And a happy new year to all.
Welcome Dr. Pickup! Good to have you on board!! Looks like you have quite the stable of beauties, looking forward to the pix!!!

EDIT: Here are the family photo threads I am aware of:
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/lets-see-the-family-photos.52708/page-3#post-764493
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/let’s-see-your-prs-family-photos.44395/

Last edited:
Hi im Red Beard,,,,and,,,,,umm,,,,ive been a PRS and other brands guitar player for,,,,ahh bout 30yrs
And im not ashamed of it,,just slow to interweb stuff ; )
Just bought my 3rd Paul Reed Smith and figured,”Ah might as well see how the others live”
Welcome Red Beard! And trust me, you don't wanna be anywhere near my Mom's house!! The World Wide Widget can be a perplexing place for cavemen (especially ones with red beards), just ask our wooly mamoth hunter in chief Les when you see him on the forum!!!

Welcome Red Beard! And trust me, you don't wanna be anywhere near my Mom's house!! The World Wide Widget can be a perplexing place for cavemen (especially ones with red beards), just ask our wooly mamoth hunter in chief Les when you see him on the forum!!!

Well the ole beard has some gray race’n stripes now days
I like to think of them as reminders of my wasted youth

Hi All,

I'm from Down Under. I'm absolutely thrilled to join this forum and I bought my new PRS SE custom 24 in Black Gold Burst colour. I played guitar little bit when I was young but started learning again from scratch.

This is my first post in this forum and I think I cannot post pictures of my guitar yet (because of image links) until I make 3 posts.

Back