Introduce yourself!

No!! Colemill Baron! :) The picture was taken between Appleton and Oshkosh while I was forming up on a Bonanza for formation. I love this plane, but it's been a labor of love. I finally got tired of maintaining it myself, so I picked up a partner a few years ago and it is so much nicer sharing the load. I'm also building an F-1 Rocket. You mean the PA-31T Cheyenne? Or the Turbo Chieftan? Either way, nice planes!

I'm going to have to juggle guitar time with riveting time.
Sorry, I should have noticed the pointier Beech nose cone vs the snub beaked Piper's. Never had the pleasure of flying a Cheyenne, only the Chieftan. We had 3 Navajo 310s in the fleet but one was a real runway hog; wing lockers and some other heavier bits that made it slower on the t/o roll. Beautiful in the air though. I never got the left seat in the Chief dammit.

Greetings fellow PRS enthusiasts! My name is Rick and I'm 63 years old. A little history about myself, I played in a garage band back in my high school days, never went very far, but had a lot of fun. After high school, I got married, had kids, worked full time and ended up selling all my equipment. I went about 30 years without a guitar, but always regretted selling my stuff. About 10 years ago, after the kids had all moved, college was paid for, etc. I finally decided that since I had some spare money, I'd try to get back into playing again. I went out and bought a used PRS Santana SE and an amp. In 2019, I upgraded to a new PSR S2 Custom 22. I actually joined the forum in 2019 and read a lot of posts, but never actually posted. Even though the S2 was a great guitar, I always wanted to get a Core. So finally last weekend, I went out and bought a new PRS Custom 24, trampas green smoke burst (at least I think that's what it's called). Look forward to being a member of the forum. I'll post a good photo as soon as I figure out how to.

UPDATE: I figured out how to post a photo!
Good to have you on board.

What does one have to do in order to create a post? I created one yesterday and it's been held for moderation. I've since made at least three posts, but the post I just created was also held for moderation. Frustrating....

What does one have to do in order to create a post? I created one yesterday and it's been held for moderation. I've since made at least three posts, but the post I just created was also held for moderation. Frustrating....
Sometimes with new accounts, the system can be a bit sticky about that stuff! Are you logging in through a VPN or an odd browser (like something other than Chrome, Firefox or Safari)? The "moderator" staff is pretty thin here these days, so it may take a bit to get it set up right for you, but once they look at your posts, I am sure you will be golden and can get on with the participation without limitations!!!

Hey all - Shane here. Just purchased a used Silver Sky in Midnight Rose and it'll arrive on Thursday! I'm super excited to get to playing on it! It's my first PRS guitar, and it will join my small collection of axes. I have a 2022 Fender American Pro II in Miami Blue, and a butterscotch Squire Classic Vibe. I am a big PRS fan, and a big Mayer fan, so I had to have the Silver Sky. I'll post pics of the SS when it arrives. I don't name my guitars, but I might have to start soon :)

Well, sadly, there's a story. I received the guitar Thursday, and it wasn't like it was described on the listing. The seller was a good person and did the right thing to refund my money. I ended up placing an order for a BRAND NEW silver sky (pictured below). It just arrived and it's GORGEOUS. It plays like a dream, and my Miami Vice / Sob Rock guitar collection is complete. I've only played it for about 10 minutes, and have to get some critical work stuff done, but as soon as I can, it's back to playing!

So, this is almost my 75th guitar, although I only have 7 right now (one for each day of the week?). Currently have a higher-end partscaster (MJT sonic blue nitro body, Robert Cray neck, Callaham bridge, Pure 65 pickups); a Schecter PT Special; a Gibson LP Special; an '84 MIJ Squier Bullet (the ones with the Tele neck - one of the best necks I've ever played); a Classic Vibe Strat (because I want a Sherwood Forest Green Strat and can't afford Custom Shop prices!); and a Harley Benton Tele (gets played more than anything else except the Partscaster).

Anyway, this is my 3rd PRS SE. First was a beat up Tremonti that I "modified" with SD pickups, better wiring, new nut and tuners. It turned into a worse guitar than when I brought it home. Learned a lot there... Second was a Singlecut in Korina. Sold that to pay for a divorce attorney (along with several other guitars).

Was at a friend of my fiance's and noodled around on her husband's S2 Vela and I got the itch again! Ordered a 2020 SE Starla in Antique White from Dave's Guitars. Dave's always has good pictures and they typically show any flaws. Couldn't find any on this one. Maybe an open box? Floor demo? $495 plus $20 shipping seems like a pretty good deal. Supposed to be here tomorrow, but I'll be out of town over the weekend. Can't wait!!!

Welcome groovedoggie1!
Glad you added that 1 to your username. Now we won’t get you confused with any other groovedoggies.:p:D
When I first used that handle, probably for AOL or something back in the mid-90's (based on a co-worker's recommendation because she used to date a "Hoovedoggie"), I was dismayed to find there was already a Groovedoggie out there! I've kept the "1" ever since!

So, this is almost my 75th guitar, although I only have 7 right now (one for each day of the week?). Currently have a higher-end partscaster (MJT sonic blue nitro body, Robert Cray neck, Callaham bridge, Pure 65 pickups); a Schecter PT Special; a Gibson LP Special; an '84 MIJ Squier Bullet (the ones with the Tele neck - one of the best necks I've ever played); a Classic Vibe Strat (because I want a Sherwood Forest Green Strat and can't afford Custom Shop prices!); and a Harley Benton Tele (gets played more than anything else except the Partscaster).

Anyway, this is my 3rd PRS SE. First was a beat up Tremonti that I "modified" with SD pickups, better wiring, new nut and tuners. It turned into a worse guitar than when I brought it home. Learned a lot there... Second was a Singlecut in Korina. Sold that to pay for a divorce attorney (along with several other guitars).

Was at a friend of my fiance's and noodled around on her husband's S2 Vela and I got the itch again! Ordered a 2020 SE Starla in Antique White from Dave's Guitars. Dave's always has good pictures and they typically show any flaws. Couldn't find any on this one. Maybe an open box? Floor demo? $495 plus $20 shipping seems like a pretty good deal. Supposed to be here tomorrow, but I'll be out of town over the weekend. Can't wait!!!
Welcome aboard Groovedoffie1

Back