Introduce yourself!

hmm seems they don't deliver to Canada
bummer
thanks anyways though
I would rrecommend you call the store to make sure! John Mann has worked with Paul from the beginning to design and build many of the parts on PRS guitars!! I would bet he would work with you to get your stuff to the Great White North!!!

Greetings fellow PRS enthusiasts! My name is Rick and I'm 63 years old. A little history about myself, I played in a garage band back in my high school days, never went very far, but had a lot of fun. After high school, I got married, had kids, worked full time and ended up selling all my equipment. I went about 30 years without a guitar, but always regretted selling my stuff. About 10 years ago, after the kids had all moved, college was paid for, etc. I finally decided that since I had some spare money, I'd try to get back into playing again. I went out and bought a used PRS Santana SE and an amp. In 2019, I upgraded to a new PSR S2 Custom 22. I actually joined the forum in 2019 and read a lot of posts, but never actually posted. Even though the S2 was a great guitar, I always wanted to get a Core. So finally last weekend, I went out and bought a new PRS Custom 24, trampas green smoke burst (at least I think that's what it's called). Look forward to being a member of the forum. I'll post a good photo as soon as I figure out how to.

UPDATE: I figured out how to post a photo!

Last edited:
Greetings fellow PRS enthusiasts! My name is Rick and I'm 63 years old. A little history about myself, I played in a garage band back in my high school days, never went very far, but had a lot of fun. After high school, I got married, had kids, worked full time and ended up selling all my equipment. I went about 30 years without a guitar, but always regretted selling my stuff. About 10 years ago, after the kids had all moved, college was paid for, etc. I finally decided that since I had some spare money, I'd try to get back into playing again. I went out and bought a used PRS Santana SE and an amp. In 2019, I upgraded to a new PSR S2 Custom 22. I actually joined the forum in 2019 and read a lot of posts, but never actually posted. Even though the S2 was a great guitar, I always wanted to get a Core. So finally last weekend, I went out and bought a new PRS Custom 24, trampas green smoke burst (at least I think that's what it's called). Look forward to being a member of the forum. I'll post a good photo as soon as I figure out how to.
Welcome to the forum, Rick!

Welcome TaperChuck, sctrott and Rick31759C. Lots of new members are figuring out stuff way faster (and more effectively) than I did:D

Still, upgraded parts and accessories for our machines are hard to get for us Canadian peeps.

sctrott I feel your pain in that regard. And it may get worse for me, I'll know more on Saturday afternoon. An old nemesis has come back to haunt me, and if it becomes the hurdle I think it might be it's going to be a real kick in the nads. Or maybe it will turn out to be just a minor annoyance. If it's the latter, I'll be a happy camper. If it's the former...well, I'll post my woes elsewhere.

Hey all - Shane here. Just purchased a used Silver Sky in Midnight Rose and it'll arrive on Thursday! I'm super excited to get to playing on it! It's my first PRS guitar, and it will join my small collection of axes. I have a 2022 Fender American Pro II in Miami Blue, and a butterscotch Squire Classic Vibe. I am a big PRS fan, and a big Mayer fan, so I had to have the Silver Sky. I'll post pics of the SS when it arrives. I don't name my guitars, but I might have to start soon :)

Last edited:
Hi! Mark here. I've been a bass player (sortof/kindof) for 30 years as an on-again/off-again hobby. I've got a couple of Ibanez (SRFF805 and SRF705 Portomento) as well as an MTD Kingston. I had a Gibson 335 that I sold at the beginning of lockdowns and regretted it pretty shortly thereafter, as I was left without a guitar. (Treble guitar?) I built a pretty nice parts-caster, which I still have, but I'm really jonesing for a nice guitar again. I was going to get another Gibson (actually, I DO have a Beato Sig on order) but the more I researched and played at various stores, I decided I really wanted a PRS. Especially after watching Paul on YouTube. How can you not want to buy a guitar from that guy! I wish I had visited the factory when I went to school up there. I worked at a local airport just a few miles away during college. I'll post something separate on the main forum so I can get some help narrowing down which model I should focus on. I know it will be a Core Custom 24 of some sort. And it will be Eriza Verde!

Hi! Mark here. I've been a bass player (sortof/kindof) for 30 years as an on-again/off-again hobby. I've got a couple of Ibanez (SRFF805 and SRF705 Portomento) as well as an MTD Kingston. I had a Gibson 335 that I sold at the beginning of lockdowns and regretted it pretty shortly thereafter, as I was left without a guitar. (Treble guitar?) I built a pretty nice parts-caster, which I still have, but I'm really jonesing for a nice guitar again. I was going to get another Gibson (actually, I DO have a Beato Sig on order) but the more I researched and played at various stores, I decided I really wanted a PRS. Especially after watching Paul on YouTube. How can you not want to buy a guitar from that guy! I wish I had visited the factory when I went to school up there. I worked at a local airport just a few miles away during college. I'll post something separate on the main forum so I can get some help narrowing down which model I should focus on. I know it will be a Core Custom 24 of some sort. And it will be Eriza Verde!
Welcome Mark!
Thanks for having an avatar right from the start.;):)

Welcome aboard Mark!, Just got my first Core PRS a week ago, best guitar I've ever owned. I got a Trampas Green, the Eriza Verde is really nice too!

Welcome Mark. Look forward to your choice of guitar(s). I used the plural in parentheses because just like the snack commercial, you can't stop at one!
Your avatar looks like a PA-34 (Seneca). I spent a lot of hours flying one of those as well as the PA-31-300. I held PPC's on both plus did right seat duty on the Turbine Chieftan. That kerosene burner was FAST!

Welcome Mark. Look forward to your choice of guitar(s). I used the plural in parentheses because just like the snack commercial, you can't stop at one!
Your avatar looks like a PA-34 (Seneca). I spent a lot of hours flying one of those as well as the PA-31-300. I held PPC's on both plus did right seat duty on the Turbine Chieftan. That kerosene burner was FAST!
No!! Colemill Baron! :) The picture was taken between Appleton and Oshkosh while I was forming up on a Bonanza for formation. I love this plane, but it's been a labor of love. I finally got tired of maintaining it myself, so I picked up a partner a few years ago and it is so much nicer sharing the load. I'm also building an F-1 Rocket. You mean the PA-31T Cheyenne? Or the Turbo Chieftan? Either way, nice planes!

I'm going to have to juggle guitar time with riveting time.

Long time lurker, new member from Nova Scotia here. Have to admit, the first PRS I ever tried was my buddy's Soapbar SE.. don't recall the year or whatever, and just wasn't a fan. The chunky neck, wasn't for me. Years pass, models get fancier .. more expensive, yet others more affordable, more artists & more laurels .. and I think.. am I missing out on something? Clearly I must be, but by now, so many models, so many great choices.. how to decide? Leave it to Carlos to continue to swoon me on these and then finally in my local adverts an 01 Santana SE pops up on the cheap. It's been "loved" (more like abused) but I couldn't pass on it. So glad I didn't. This little thing is great. and now.. I've got the bug for more! Now.. where can I get a replacement trem for it?
Good to meet you.
You might try John Mann’s Guitar Vault

Back