Introduce yourself!

The KL380 has a story to it - I bought it in 2020, played a few shows with it and stupidly sold it on Reverb. I tracked down the buyer (who had purchased it and left it in the case to give as a gift - can you believe my luck!) and begged to get it back in 2021. We're never parting ways, and I don't think the other two are either. While I love the thick rosewood neck on the ME2, the neck shape on the KL380 (PRS Soapbar pattern, I believe) is just perfection to me.
EDIT: The KL and ME are modified - I put a Suhr thornbucker in the neck of the ME2 and there's (I think) a lollar p90 somewhere in the KL and a TV Jones minibucker in the bridge! Someday I hope to get a nice triple set of P90s to restore the KL to stock but I'm pretty darn happy with how they all sound and play for the time being!

The KL380 has a story to it - I bought it in 2020, played a few shows with it and stupidly sold it on Reverb. I tracked down the buyer (who had purchased it and left it in the case to give as a gift - can you believe my luck!) and begged to get it back in 2021. We're never parting ways, and I don't think the other two are either. While I love the thick rosewood neck on the ME2, the neck shape on the KL380 (PRS Soapbar pattern, I believe) is just perfection to me.
EDIT: The KL and ME are modified - I put a Suhr thornbucker in the neck of the ME2 and there's (I think) a lollar p90 somewhere in the KL and a TV Jones minibucker in the bridge! Someday I hope to get a nice triple set of P90s to restore the KL to stock but I'm pretty darn happy with how they all sound and play for the time being!
Well that’s the important thing.
I did learn the hard way, that it’s a plus to hang onto original equipment for resale value. I lost some money on a vintage Gibson that I modded and made MUCH better. Oh well…

Greetings to all, I'm very happy to join this group. I've been a musican for 61 years, and a Luthier for 39 years.
I've always enjoyed Paul's discussions and Lutherie skills along with the fine folks at the factory. While I've wanted a PRS since they came out it wasn't until today that I found just the right one for me. A McCarty Soapbar .

Greetings to all, I'm very happy to join this group. I've been a musican for 61 years, and a Luthier for 39 years.
I've always enjoyed Paul's discussions and Lutherie skills along with the fine folks at the factory. While I've wanted a PRS since they came out it wasn't until today that I found just the right one for me. A McCarty Soapbar .
Welcome Greywolf! Glad to have someone with your skillset here on the forum!! Congrats on the score and cheers to many more!!!

Back