Introduce yourself!

Hi all.

I’m Dave, U.K. based, and I have been learning to play for just over a year.

First guitar was a Schecter C6 Plus, followed by an Ibanez Q54 headless, I still have and play both.

Just ordered my first PRS, a S2 McCarty 594 in Limited Edition Lime Green metallic finish, it’s due on Tuesday and I can’t wait.

I love the look of the many gorgeous finishes that are available but prefer satin necks hence the choice.
Welcome Just Dave!

Hi!
I’m Julian from Argentina, I’m a strat guy who also likes playing a Les Paul and I’m here to try to learn about the brand and get into the prs world. Who knows maybe I’ll have one in the future.
Cool! I pretty much own and play the big 3 brands. PRS guitars I also got into late mostly because I had no Idea they existed until 2013 or so. I started playing in 96' was already gigging by 97'...but no stores around me had them and no players around me played them.

PRS models can be night and day from each other so when you decide to get one do a little digging. I started with a CU24...That was a good place to start for sure. Then there is the Santana...nobody really makes a guitar like that either. Hopefully you decide to get one soon..your future self is already trying to rush you. lol.

Cool! I pretty much own and play the big 3 brands. PRS guitars I also got into late mostly because I had no Idea they existed until 2013 or so. I started playing in 96' was already gigging by 97'...but no stores around me had them and no players around me played them.

PRS models can be night and day from each other so when you decide to get one do a little digging. I started with a CU24...That was a good place to start for sure. Then there is the Santana...nobody really makes a guitar like that either. Hopefully you decide to get one soon..your future self is already trying to rush you. lol.
Here the availability is low and the prices are high so it’s more difficult to get to one compared to other brands, but nothing is imposible. For now I’m into the McCarty 594 but im trying to get to know the rest of the models, maybe there’s one that I like more.

Jason, Dave, Julian, welcome to you all. The PRS slope is a slippery one, but what a way to go!
And it's not just the guitars either, GAS is the whole enchilada. Which reminds me, I haven't checked my lottery ticket today..."Please Lord, you did say I was your favorite..."

Hi! I can remember when I was in high school (back in the 90's....) walking into the local guitar shop and drooling over the new PRS guitar line that the shop just started carrying. The shop was crowded yet there I stood being bumped and pushed around. I came back to see that guitar every week. Now, A little older, a little wiser, and a decent job later I finally a PRS owner!!!! I've had many guitars over the years, premium, and otherwise and I have to say... this is the best guitar I have ever played! I'm so happy to finally be a part of the club!

Hi! I can remember when I was in high school (back in the 90's....) walking into the local guitar shop and drooling over the new PRS guitar line that the shop just started carrying. The shop was crowded yet there I stood being bumped and pushed around. I came back to see that guitar every week. Now, A little older, a little wiser, and a decent job later I finally a PRS owner!!!! I've had many guitars over the years, premium, and otherwise and I have to say... this is the best guitar I have ever played! I'm so happy to finally be a part of the club!
Welcome Wolfsgeist!
Your story matches mine. Only difference being the decade - I was afflicted in the mid-80’s.:)

Back