Introduce yourself!

Hi Everyone and Thank You for allowing me to be a part of this forum. I have been retired from the fire service for a few years due to a water rescue accident that we became the rescued after our boat slammed a tree and flipped over in swift water which messed my neck and back up leaving me with neuropathy in neck and hands. I'm 66 years old now and have decided to learn guitar and had better hurry up as the years are running out. I've been practicing on a older guitar and figured I'd treat myself to a PRS. It will be here tomorrow, can't wait. Thanks again.

Hi Everyone and Thank You for allowing me to be a part of this forum. I have been retired from the fire service for a few years due to a water rescue accident that we became the rescued after our boat slammed a tree and flipped over in swift water which messed my neck and back up leaving me with neuropathy in neck and hands. I'm 66 years old now and have decided to learn guitar and had better hurry up as the years are running out. I've been practicing on a older guitar and figured I'd treat myself to a PRS. It will be here tomorrow, can't wait. Thanks again.
Welcome, and thanks for your service to the community! Retired LEO here, and also a longtime PRS player. Great folks on this forum, so make yourself comfortable and enjoy that new guitar!

Thank you and very happy to put in 28 years. I so enjoyed helping people in their times of distress and need. It was very hard to give up, but I had no choice as things can happen at any given moment. I started to practice guitar in the beginning of July and after a few days gave up due to the neuropathy in my hands. I read an article about neuropathy that helped and started back practicing a few days later and have been practicing just about every day and have been building up the tips of my fingers which has really helped, I think I'll be okay from here on out.

Hi all, I'm new here posting, been reading for a while.
I'm a 47 years old guy from Spain.

I play in a rock band for over 25 years and I enjoy playing and listening to anything from Blues to Metalcore.

Between other guitars, I own a PRS McCarty 2005 20th Anniversary with bridge pickup swapped to a \m/ one.

Update, pics added, depending on the light, it's more orange or yellow, last one is me playing it:

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm new here posting, been reading for a while.
I'm a 47 years old guy from Spain.

Between other guitars, I own a PRS McCarty 2005 20th Anniversary with bridge pickup swapped to a \m/ one, the one in my avatar.

I play in a rock band for over 25 years and I enjoy playing and listening to anything from Blues to Metalcore.
Welcome Ivancy!
Definitely gonna need bigger pics of your McCarty!
Thank you for the avatar on post #1;)

Welcome to the PRS Forum!

New members...old members: Who are you? Where are you from? How did you end up on a PRS Forum? How did PRS get on your radar?
Ok. Since you asked…
The name’s Dave. My nephews, nieces and great nephews and nieces call me Dadie. A handle I received from my first niece when she began talking. Funny how they can stick…
Any way, I’ve played since 1972 and I’m still a hack. Proudly so. Took about 10 years off of playing in the late 80s because it was endangering my marriage. (Chicks dug me) Played mostly rhythm on a modded ‘69 Gibson thin hollow body and sang lead. After my sabbatical, I switched over to bass (because everyone wants to play electric and nobody wants to play bass). Didn’t pick up the electric again until I bought an SE Custom 24 in 2016 and modded it to my liking. I’m currently relearning. Loving it.
Oh, if you didn’t get it from the dates, I’m old…
Just recently stumbled on the site and already wishing uploading photos was way easier.

My name is Dino and I just joined the forum.
I am the proud owner of a 1986 Custom 24.
My dad bought the guitar new from Washington Music Center.
The guitar is unique in that it has a one piece top and a tone control in place of the "sweet switch".
The story goes, it was a "special order" for a customer who had cancelled the order.
I'm not sure if that's true or not. It may possibly be an "employee guitar". I don't know.

My dad had cancer and passed away 5 years ago, but he gave this guitar to me a couple years before he passed because he said he wanted to be around to see me enjoy it. I've since bought several PRS guitars, but this one not only has that early PRS "mojo", plays and sounds incredible ... but it's very special to me just because it was my dads. My dad and I also took a tour of the PRS factory when they were still in Annapolis. What an AWESOME experience!

Anyway ... I was a member of "Birds and Moons" many years ago, but I guess that site is long gone now.
I look forward to meeting new people here and maybe learning more about PRS!

86CustomTopa.jpg
Yes. The tour is fantastic.

Back