Introduce yourself!

Registered this week. I am from Germany. I used to gig with a country rock band but now I am only playing at home. Ever since I first saw the PRS guitars at the Frankfurt Music Fair in the 80s I wanted to have one. The dream finally came true in 2004 when I bought the Custom. I still have it and I will never let it go.
Welcome darkbluemurder!
We need pics of your Custom when you can! Stick one in your avatar and you’ll be all set.;)

Thanks - no worries about the name. As a John Sykes fan, Bluemurder would have been my preferred choice but on the first forum I registered that name already existed.

Hey everyone! New to the forum and new to owning PRS guitars. I’ve known about them and have seen them since I started playing guitar in 2003 but never paid them any mind as I was entrenched in being a strat disciple and wouldn’t touch another guitar if it wasn’t a strat. I was at my local guitar center two weekends ago and saw a 2005 PRS Custom 24 20th anniversary in blackburst with the birds in flight inlays on the fretboard and loved how it looked so figured why not try it. Wow was I blown away. I couldn’t stop playing it and new this was the one. So it came home with me. Then this past weekend I went to the same guitar center and saw a 2003 PRS McCarty on the wall and again loved how it looked. So I asked the guy to try it and not only did it blow my strats out of the water, it blew the custom 24 out of the water and it came home with me. Haven’t touched any of my strats in the past two weeks. And now I have the custom 24 which I love and the McCarty which is The One in terms of feel and tone that I have been chasing all these years.

Hey everyone! New to the forum and new to owning PRS guitars. I’ve known about them and have seen them since I started playing guitar in 2003 but never paid them any mind as I was entrenched in being a strat disciple and wouldn’t touch another guitar if it wasn’t a strat. I was at my local guitar center two weekends ago and saw a 2005 PRS Custom 24 20th anniversary in blackburst with the birds in flight inlays on the fretboard and loved how it looked so figured why not try it. Wow was I blown away. I couldn’t stop playing it and new this was the one. So it came home with me. Then this past weekend I went to the same guitar center and saw a 2003 PRS McCarty on the wall and again loved how it looked. So I asked the guy to try it and not only did it blow my strats out of the water, it blew the custom 24 out of the water and it came home with me. Haven’t touched any of my strats in the past two weeks. And now I have the custom 24 which I love and the McCarty which is The One in terms of feel and tone that I have been chasing all these years.
Howdy Zach! Great story!! The slope is slippery and steep, welcome to the slide!!!

Hi to all :)
Very new to PRS world, and so far very impressed. Have ended up with two in short time though I'm not sure I can justify keeping my charcoal SE Cu24. Despite being 2017, it seduced me with it's playability from the get go, but had to have the 2408 version!

Very new to PRS world, and so far very impressed. Have ended up with two in short time though I'm not sure I can justify keeping my charcoal SE Cu24. Despite being 2017, it seduced me with it's playability from the get go, but had to have the 2408 version!
Welcome Al Fresco!
I’m a big fan of your cousins Al Fredo and Al Dente.:p:D
Love the avatar.;)

Welcome Al Fresco! Don't cut the chord too quick!! A backup is important, and you will probably realize after a few months, that having 2 PRSi is a positive!!!

IMG-5985.jpg

IMG-5987.jpg

IMG-5986.jpg

Custom 24-8 with smoked nickel hardware everywhere, requested by Chuck Levins. Cocobolo fretboard, flame maple top and neck, swamp ash body, smoked plating everywhere, puaua outline birds with abalone inlays. 58/15 Pickups.

I love her but it's already got some tarnish on the bridge pickup, didn't think it'd happen so quickly within 2 weeks but I guess now that it's imperfect anyways I feel less worried about scratching or messing it up when shredding lol. I made another thread to see how I can fix/maintain this smokiness but I'm still waiting for it to be approved.

Back