Introduce yourself!

After lurking for a bit I'm finally officially signing on in hopes that my new friends will advise and guide me through the PRS experience. I've had an SE for a while and while I love it am looking forward to moving up in the world. I sampled/played a couple of core models and it's only a matter of time. Love the PRS brand!

As soon as I can get some decent shots I'll post the present toy and then hopefully an orange tiger version to be named later.

After lurking for a bit I'm finally officially signing on in hopes that my new friends will advise and guide me through the PRS experience. I've had an SE for a while and while I love it am looking forward to moving up in the world. I sampled/played a couple of core models and it's only a matter of time. Love the PRS brand!

As soon as I can get some decent shots I'll post the present toy and then hopefully an orange tiger version to be named later.
Welcome Stray Strummer!
Good job getting started right off with an avatar. ;)

Welcome!
You’ll never regret a core model!
Nice to have you aboard!

New lurker/browser here. I've owned a bunch of PRSes over the years but finally figured out that the semi hollow 22s are where I really like to be -- and that I don't get along with 24 frets. Now I'm looking at Paul's Guitars or 408s as my next adventure.

Having fun reading threads here and looking at some of the gorgeous axes!

J

New lurker/browser here. I've owned a bunch of PRSes over the years but finally figured out that the semi hollow 22s are where I really like to be -- and that I don't get along with 24 frets. Now I'm looking at Paul's Guitars or 408s as my next adventure.

J
Welcome to the forum

J
Welcome jlf599!

I've posted before but haven't introduced myself. I'm a 23 year old Brooklynite who's been playing guitar on and off from 11 but really became obsessed during covid. I am a proud 594 owner.

What really got me into PRS was the idea of a double cutaway Les Paul. I came for the specs but stayed for the feel and tone. Love the pattern vintage profile for my longer hands, as well as the 4 knob and switch on top cutaway (classic LP) layout. I won't be getting another guitar for a long time but if I did it would probably be an HSS or SSS PS Santana.

I'm currently pursuing a degree in neuroscience at SUNY Binghamton, I am passionate about the science of behavior and what goes on inside our head that makes us do what we do.

Hope to share my appreciation for the instruments with y'all and learn from you as well!

I've posted before but haven't introduced myself. I'm a 23 year old Brooklynite who's been playing guitar on and off from 11 but really became obsessed during covid. I am a proud 594 owner.

What really got me into PRS was the idea of a double cutaway Les Paul. I came for the specs but stayed for the feel and tone. Love the pattern vintage profile for my longer hands, as well as the 4 knob and switch on top cutaway (classic LP) layout. I won't be getting another guitar for a long time but if I did it would probably be an HSS or SSS PS Santana.

I'm currently pursuing a degree in neuroscience at SUNY Binghamton, I am passionate about the science of behavior and what goes on inside our head that makes us do what we do.

Hope to share my appreciation for the instruments with y'all and learn from you as well!
Welcome Julian!
This place is definitely going to help you with PRS Guitars and ABSOLUTELY give you infinite research on “the science of behavior and what goes on inside our heads”. :p:D

Welcome along! Plenty of us here that have passion for the instruments. But with the PRS label it often borders on lunacy, and I mean that in a very good way!

I went into Guitar Center to kill some time and see what used gear they had. I'm a semi-pro gigging musician and have used a Strat most of my life. I love my American Strat.
But someone sold Guitar Center a Starla S2 w/ Bigsby, and they had a ridiculously low price on it. The tobacco-colored guitar had a Bigsby and looks like it was priced as an SE. I never intended to spend money that day but I bought it and brought it home. WOW! the fit and finish are all I expected from a PRS instrument, but the feel of that Starla, the responsiveness of the Bigsby and THOSE PICKUPS! I put my Strat in the case and expect it will be there quite a while as I explore this wonderful instrument! Only problem is I need a HSC for it and can't find any reference to a case that will fit the Bigsby properly. Anyway I'm a PRS man now!

I went into Guitar Center to kill some time and see what used gear they had. I'm a semi-pro gigging musician and have used a Strat most of my life. I love my American Strat.
But someone sold Guitar Center a Starla S2 w/ Bigsby, and they had a ridiculously low price on it. The tobacco-colored guitar had a Bigsby and looks like it was priced as an SE. I never intended to spend money that day but I bought it and brought it home. WOW! the fit and finish are all I expected from a PRS instrument, but the feel of that Starla, the responsiveness of the Bigsby and THOSE PICKUPS! I put my Strat in the case and expect it will be there quite a while as I explore this wonderful instrument! Only problem is I need a HSC for it and can't find any reference to a case that will fit the Bigsby properly. Anyway I'm a PRS man now!
Great story!
Welcome patcraig1!

Welcome to your new addiction patcraig1! I think most here have fallen hard for PRS, and love every second of it!! If you are interested in sharing any of your work, you can do so in the Studio & Stage section!!!

Add one to the “fallen hard for PRS” club here :). Hi all. Great to be here. In the last two weeks I’ve acquired two really nice guitars. A sunburst CE 24 (new mannmade trem incoming) and a beautiful 2019 McCarty 594 10 top. Sent an email to customer service to identify the exact color. It’s a Red flame and it’s unbelievable. It plays and sounds even better than it looks. If I could figure out how to upload a couple of photo bucket hosted pics I’d certainly share the beauty :).

Back