Introduce yourself!

Glad you are getting sorted Lola, the regulars had to spoon feed me along too. Surprising as I was an admin on another VB based forum site for 10 years, but this one is vastly different in the parameters they use. I already used dropbox and it's OK, but there are other hosting sites that are far better than it is. But I get it done. That's a sweet machine you have btw.

Hi Daryl Jones. Thx for the welcome. Glad to be here. Hoping to make some new acquaintances here. Need to keep myself busy until myself and my band can get back together and play again. Covid has really messed things up. It makes me very sad. I really miss my band mates.

I really dislike navigating around a new forum because everything is so foreign to me.

Take it from an expert, (ScottR) the goofier you act, the more quickly you'll fit in around here. :D

On a serious note, what forums do you hang at that allow you to just copy and past pics? That was a real "forum no-no" for years but lately The Gear Page started allowing it, but I've never been in another forum that allowed it. So, the "link to an image at a hosting site" was always the cost of doing business in any forum I've been in. Just wondering who else has been doing that for a while.

p.s. Nice S2!

Take it from an expert, (ScottR) the goofier you act, the more quickly you'll fit in around here. :D

On a serious note, what forums do you hang at that allow you to just copy and past pics? That was a real "forum no-no" for years but lately The Gear Page started allowing it, but I've never been in another forum that allowed it. So, the "link to an image at a hosting site" was always the cost of doing business in any forum I've been in. Just wondering who else has been doing that for a while.
https://www.guitarscanada.com/

I know a lot of ppl there and have jammed with so many of them. It’s a great place too!

Will I need to learn French?
Heck no. I parlez vous a la ding dong and I get along. But then again I'm a westerner so that makes me a tad of a foreigner in the eyes of the governing powers :p.
And as far as I know, we accept ANYBODY (not that you're just anybody LOL) on our forum sites. Although I've never been a member there. I could be on double secret probation here for all I know. ;)

Do they allow crazy Americans to join? I normally only go to Canada for the Muskie and Walleye. Will I need to learn French?
Anyone can join no matter your depth of insanity! Lol I have been there since 2014. I am the only active female there. Most of the guys have been very accepting of me and there have been a few idiots. I had no problem putting them in there places though.

And yes....,very proud to say I am Canadian!

Next time you go for fish, you should visit an MDT.

I’d love too. May not get much fishing done… Been watching all the new outdoor shows from Heliconia. If it wasn’t so cold, I’d just move up there! LOL. Between the backpacking show and the kayak show, I’m sold. Well, that and Al Linder going fishing up there for the last 30 years. When I retire, I see regular trips up there!

(Have you watched any of those shows? Epic Trails, Facing Waves, etc? ).

Next time you go for fish, you should visit an MDT.
P.s. That said, I don’t really know what part of Canada you’re in. So I’m not sure how close too your area I’ve even been. But I’ve been to Lake Nipissing 8 or 9 times.

P.s. That said, I don’t really know what part of Canada you’re in. So I’m not sure how close too your area I’ve even been. But I’ve been to Lake Nipissing 8 or 9 times.

OMG that is where my cottage is!! What a frigging coincidence. 24 miles north of North Bay. Sturgeon Falls is where we are located. It’s actually a family cottage. It’s getting a bit far for us too drive. My hubby has some health issues. We have our very own cottage though on Lake Scugog noted for Muskie and bass fishing. We love it there. That’s only 40 minutes north east of where we live!

I personally live just outside of Toronto in a little suburb called Pickering. Starting to hate it there. It is becoming the latest and greatest place to move. Getting way over crowded. I need a place with an out building that I can turn into my own studio. I can sling a hammer and am pretty savy with tools. My husband taught me a lot of useful “man” stuff which has served me very well.

OMG that is where my cottage is!! What a frigging coincidence. 24 miles north of North Bay. Sturgeon Falls is where we are located. It’s actually a family cottage. It’s getting a bit far for us too drive. My hubby has some health issues. We have our very own cottage though on Lake Scugog noted for Muskie and bass fishing. We love it there. That’s only 40 minutes north east of where we live!
Wow! I’ve taken every-other-year fishing trips there for 20 years and only missed a couple, including the last one when my friendly neighbors to the north wouldn’t let us infested ‘mericans come into the country. LOL. Heck we were going to stay outside, we weren’t going to congregate with ANYONE except ourselves. LOL.

But yeah, I caught a Muskie there around 60” long… fish of a lifetime. Been going back ever since, trying to catch another one like that. :) Got lost for hours on the lake my first trip (as anyone who’s been there would understand) but took a handheld GPS the next time so that didn’t happen again.

I personally live just outside of Toronto in a little suburb called Pickering. Starting to hate it there. It is becoming the latest and greatest place to move. Getting way over crowded. I need a place with an out building that I can turn into my own studio. I can sling a hammer and am pretty savy with tools. My husband taught me a lot of useful “man” stuff which has served me very well.
Go through Toronto every time we go. Usually late a night though. The one time we drive it during daytime, it looked like a really nice city.

You need to talk to Alnus. He’s our resident “she shed” expert. :D

Go through Toronto every time we go. Usually late a night though. The one time we drive it during daytime, it looked like a really nice city.

You need to talk to Alnus. He’s our resident “she shed” expert. :D
It is a very beautiful and very safe city. I would move there in a heartbeat if I could afford to. The average condo is over $1million. That’s for 600 square feet. I need a backyard and a front yard though.

But....there’s nothing quite like getting ready on a Friday night for rehearsal in the city. I love the whole vibe of city.

It is a very beautiful and very safe city. I would move there in a heartbeat if I could afford to. The average condo is over $1million. That’s for 600 square feet. I need a backyard and a front yard though.

But....there’s nothing quite like getting ready on a Friday night for rehearsal in the city. I love the whole vibe of city.

I had no idea it was that expensive. That’s crazy! It was a beautiful city. But a million for 6 squares of condo? :eek:

My youngest son has a real estate friend living in the city and her condo us a modest 1200 square feet. She paid $2.5 million but it’s right overlooking Lake Ontario. Her parking alone is $50k a year. It’s just crazy.

I lived on Lake Nipissing for a few years. I now live less than half a mile from the street that eventually runs along the north shore of Lake Nipissing - it’s a very long street.

Last edited:
I remember the Sturgeon Strip being infamous for drag races.

Back