Introduce yourself!

Greetings All! New member here and new PRS owner. Been playing for quite a while but never had to opportunity to pick up a PRS. That is until I was browsing in a small local music store and spotted this beautiful 2009 Ted McCarty DC245. So with a bit of haggling I am proud to say it is now mine and I foresee that it will quickly become my #1. The tones out of these 57/08 pups are absolutely amazing and it plays so smooth! Looking forward to learning more about these wonderful guitars from the experienced folks here.

Thanks Moondog Wily! I'm going to try again to get pics posted on my NGD post.
If you need an assist on posting the pix, check out the tutorials at this link. At that link there is a video, a PDF and links to several other tutorials on navigating the PRS forum pix posting run arounds!!! PM me if you need assistance after reviewing that material!!

If you need an assist on posting the pix, check out the tutorials at this link. At that link there is a video, a PDF and links to several other tutorials on navigating the PRS forum pix posting run arounds!!! PM me if you need assistance after reviewing that material!!

Thank you Moondog Wily! Your instructions worked perfectly! I posted the pics to my NGD post.

Hi all! Long time member on other forums (TGP, SD, RT, HRI, GN, etc). First time on the PRS forum. Thanks for having me.

QQ: if I have specific questions about pickups, would I ask in the PTC thread, or the Electric Instruments thread? Thanks!

Hi all! Long time member on other forums (TGP, SD, RT, HRI, GN, etc). First time on the PRS forum. Thanks for having me.

QQ: if I have specific questions about pickups, would I ask in the PTC thread, or the Electric Instruments thread? Thanks!
Welcome, Nick!
Your question would work right here in General Discussion, too.
As far as all of those other forums, we’ll try not to hold them against you.:D

Hey Nick, welcome to the forum! I am pretty much a newbie here myself (only a member since Feb of '21), but I would say that if the pup question is about something PRS specific, I would post it in PTC. Otherwise, I would post it in Electric Instruments!! That is my two cents, which does not buy a whole lot these days!!!

Hi Everyone! I just signed up to the PRS forum. I'm new to the PRS family. I've had several opportunities to play a PRS over the years but didn't know the brand very well and didn't give it a second thought. I can see that I've been missing out. Quite a few of my guitar acquaintances and close friends have been raving about PRS and were make purchases. So, I started reviewing and ended up buying the PRS Santana 50th anniversary Abraxas limited edition. Wow! I was blown away. Much better guitar at that price point than my LP and Strat. So, I asked myself, is the CU24 really that much better than the SE. Yep, two weeks later, bought a CU24-08 Artist package with the charcoal/cherry burst. It is an amazing instrument. So, here I am to bask in the PRS sunshine.

Back