Introduce yourself!

Hi all!

My name is Raphaël, I'm French and I have purchased my very first PRS (a beautiful Special 22 Ltd, 10-top) a few days ago.

While searching for the perfect model to fit my needs, I stumbled across this Forum, which contains plenty of valuable information and helped tremendously - so thank you all already for that!

Greetings from Europe!

Raphaël

Welcome, Raphaël! Glad you joined us.

Hello,

I bought a used PRS over 25 years ago and recently tried to find out more info about guitar. It is a bolt on neck and serial # is on neck plate. Trying to identify year & model. It doesn’t seem to follow any of the configurations I’ve found online any help would be appreciated.

serial #151326

thank you

Hello,

I bought a used PRS over 25 years ago and recently tried to find out more info about guitar. It is a bolt on neck and serial # is on neck plate. Trying to identify year & model. It doesn’t seem to follow any of the configurations I’ve found online any help would be appreciated.

serial #151326

thank you

Hello Ed,

What is the pickup configuration, and what controls does it have?

Gary

Hello,

serial #151326

thank you
Welcome, Ed!
We’re going to need more details to help you out. With what you have given us so far, CE or a EG.
Pics would absolutely be a huge help! :)

Welcome, Ed!
We’re going to need more details to help you out. With what you have given us so far, CE or a EG.
Pics would absolutely be a huge help! :)

I don't think the forum lets you post pictures until you're passed a certain number of total posts
Anyway Ed, a good description of the body shape (double cutaway?), pickup configuration, and the control layout, would really help for now.

Hello,

serial #151326

thank you
Hey Ed, welcome to the forum. Couple of ways to get some pix up here. First would be to post a few messages to this very thread (or other threads) until you reach the threshold (I believe it is 5 or 10 posts you need). Another way would be to put a link here in the text (but do so in the Electric Instruments forum rather than here, start a new thread - it will help you on your way to getting past those thresholds). I think to post an actual link using the formatting tools also requires a certain number of posts, but AFIK, you can just put the URL in the text of the post and it is not considered a link then! Not positive on that, but easy enough to try. Once the folk here see the pics, you will get plenty of info on your classic!

Also, if you would like to share any music you have been a part of, be sure to post it in the Studio & Stage section here at the forums!

Happy pickin'!
MW

Thanks guys for your replies

I think it is an EG it has 3 pickups

going to try and get my 5 posts So that is why it is separated

E pick ups are bridge humbucker middle and neck what appear to be split coil p90type pickups.

By split coil. I mean the pole aren’t in a straight line

5way pickup selector with tone pull knob that splits hum bucket but I think may also phase single coils.

I’ll post a pick as soon as I get approval. Thanks for any help.

Congrats.
Its a EG! :p:D

Hello,
New member here. I purchased my first PRS on May 10th. A beautiful Midnight Rose Silver Sky.
This is my 4th Electric Guitar, 6th total.
1. 1993 Ovation Celebrity Deluxe (first guitar)
2. 2003 Martin DM
3. 1987 Fender Stratocaster MIJ ST-62 in 3 tone burst.
4. 1988 Fender Strat Plus Deluxe in Bahama Green.
5. 2018 Fender Telecaster American Performer in Satin Sonic Blue.
6. 2021 PRS Silver Sky in Midnight Rose.

I love the PRS. I have had plenty to seat time with her so far. I bought the guitar on Sunday, Broke my Tibia on Monday at my Hockey game, Surgery on Tuesday to insert Titanium rod in Tibia. Home on Wednesday as Guitar is delivered. Then 4 weeks of no weight on leg, so plenty of time to pick.

I will share pictures when approved to do so.

Last edited:
Hello,
New member here. I purchased my first PRS on May 10th. A beautiful Midnight Rose Silver Sky.
2. 2003 Martin DM
5. 2018 Fender Telecaster American Performer in Satic Sonic Blue.

I love the PRS. I have had plenty to seat time with her so far. I bought the guitar on Sunday, Broke my Tibia on Monday at my Hockey game, Surgery on Tuesday to insert Titanium rod in Tibia. Home on Wednesday as Guitar is delivered. Then 4 weeks of no weight on leg, so plenty of time to pick.

A like for your new guitar and not the surgery.

Hello,
2. 2003 Martin DM
5. 2018 Fender Telecaster American Performer in Satin Sonic Blue.

Welcome, James!
Congrats on your new SS and sorry about the leg.
Timing is everything! :p:D

Welcome, James!
Congrats on your new SS and sorry about the leg.
Timing is everything! :p:D
Thanks!

It was almost like I planned it...... Almost.

ERhl9ZM

B9edOGy.jpg

nXR8qTg.jpg

Day 1 Chilling at home.
ERhl9ZM.jpg

B9edOGy

Last edited:
Back