Introduce yourself!

Newbie here--Another guy that grew up on MTV. Played guitar very little as a kid. Just enough to get frustrated and stop playing. Picked it up again last year.
Currently sharing time between a Mexican strat, Ibanez, and LP. Not currently a PRS owner. Looking to learn in general as well as figure out the nuances between the PRS models. It's been ready, fire, aim on other guitar acquisitions. Trying to do it a little differently this time.
Welcome, GuitarSasquatch!

I, too, put this in the Forum Rules but thought I’d add it here with a few details. I was a trumpet player growing up, and really missed making music as an adult. Dabbled a tiny bit in classical piano in my 40’s. 58 years young old lady who somehow got the brilliant idea that acoustic guitar might be the ticket, so 5 months ago I bought an Eastman Sitka/mahogany OM and a little laminate/solid top all mahogany Alvarez parlor to travel with. I’ve been learning via Guitar Tricks, which I’m really enjoying. Somehow got a hankering for an electric. After tons of research and changing my mind maybe a hundred times about what I wanted, I just pulled the trigger on an SE Hollowbody II Piezo in black/gold. My first electric and first PRS! So very excited! I’m away for another week or so and the shop is holding it for me until I get home. I’m really looking forward to this adventure.

I, too, put this in the Forum Rules but thought I’d add it here with a few details. I was a trumpet player growing up, and really missed making music as an adult. Dabbled a tiny bit in classical piano in my 40’s. 58 years young old lady who somehow got the brilliant idea that acoustic guitar might be the ticket, so 5 months ago I bought an Eastman Sitka/mahogany OM and a little laminate/solid top all mahogany Alvarez parlor to travel with. I’ve been learning via Guitar Tricks, which I’m really enjoying. Somehow got a hankering for an electric. After tons of research and changing my mind maybe a hundred times about what I wanted, I just pulled the trigger on an SE Hollowbody II Piezo in black/gold. My first electric and first PRS! So very excited! I’m away for another week or so and the shop is holding it for me until I get home. I’m really looking forward to this adventure.

Congratulations and welcome Carol.

We would all love to see photos of you new guitar when it arrives and you have the time.

Hello everyone! I'm new here. I joined because I have a few questions that I would like to ask before buying my first PRS. I have owned a number of Teles, Strats and LPs and right now I currently own just the one Tele and Strat. I have a big milestone coming up and want to treat myself to a PRS core guitar (leaning towards a Hollowbody II or a Special Semi-hollow that was recently announced).

Hello everyone! I'm new here. I joined because I have a few questions that I would like to ask before buying my first PRS. I have owned a number of Teles, Strats and LPs and right now I currently own just the one Tele and Strat. I have a big milestone coming up and want to treat myself to a PRS core guitar (leaning towards a Hollowbody II or a Special Semi-hollow that was recently announced).
Welcome,BTF83!
Good luck and happy hunting.

Either of those will definitely extend your range. I’m a big hollowbody fan, especially with a piezo in the mix.

Hey every one, I'm Steve and I'm a guitar freak. Great, now that that's out of the way here's a little about me:

I have been playing guitar since 1997 and have bought and sold hundreds of guitars since then. I used to manage a Guitar Center and had a chance to play some great PRS guitars as they made their way into the store. I have owned a Custom 24 and Santana III in the past and am currently in the market for a Singlecut 594. I make my living as a concert photographer and have been fortunate to photograph some amazing PRS guitars like the one Santana is playing in my avatar. I'm looking forward to meeting you and having lengthy discussions about nerdy guitar stuff.

Welcome to the PRS Forum!

New members...old members: Who are you? Where are you from? How did you end up on a PRS Forum? How did PRS get on your radar?
Hello,
I just joined a few days ago and was inspired today to post something after reading many post from fellow music/PRS enthusiasts. I bought my first PRS a few days ago. It's the SE Standard 24 in Translucent Blue. My grandson was the one who suggested looking at PRS's as an option. I'm glad he did. What beautiful looking guitars! As a self described beginner, I knew I wanted a guitar that I could grow with. This guitar was a perfect choice in my opinion. I look forward to reading and learning more in this forum and sharing the love of music and the PRS brand that has enabled that.

David

Welcome Guitar Hunter and David!
Great job, both of you, for having an avatar right from the start! Thanks.
Looking forward to seeing your guitars and photos.
Welcome Guitar Hunter and David!
Great job, both of you, for having an avatar right from the start! Thanks.
Looking forward to seeing your guitars and photos.
Here is the new addition to the family.
https://app.photobucket.com/u/WhatS...091b60/p/412935a4-b8b9-4c87-a448-4d44371618c8
412935a4-b8b9-4c87-a448-4d44371618c8

Last edited:
Hi all from New York City
I have a PRS SE Singlecut and a Modern Player Telecaster.. still pretty new but enjoying learning and making mistakes

I can't believe the kind of quality available at the price point on the SE line. Looking to get my hands on a SE Fredrik Akesson after selling one years ago

Hi all from New York City
I have a PRS SE Singlecut and a Modern Player Telecaster.. still pretty new but enjoying learning and making mistakes

I can't believe the kind of quality available at the price point on the SE line. Looking to get my hands on a SE Fredrik Akesson after selling one years ago

Hi and welcome. Great user name.

Mine should be houseatemymoney!

Hello everyone! Just joined today and I'm new to PRS as of 3 days ago! I got the bug about a month or so ago and did a bunch of reading and am now the proud owner of a '97 Custom 24. NGD thread coming later today.

I've been on the mylespaul forum under the same name off and on for 10 years.

Other guitars are a Heritage H157 and an Epiphone Flying V Custom

Hello everyone! Just joined today and I'm new to PRS as of 3 days ago! I got the bug about a month or so ago and did a bunch of reading and am now the proud owner of a '97 Custom 24. NGD thread coming later today.

I've been on the mylespaul forum under the same name off and on for 10 years.

Other guitars are a Heritage H157 and an Epiphone Flying V Custom

If your profile pic is the ‘97 CU24 then she’s a hottie!

Hello everyone. I have recently returned to the world of guitar playing after a long absence. My most recent acquisition was a Dodgem Blue Silver Sky after considering all the Strat-esque options available to me. Not really being able to go to the guitar store and play 25 Fenders to find "the one", I decided that I'd give PRS a shot. I am glad I did, I really love my SS. I am not a huge fan of John Mayer (although he is a highly talented player) but I do like chunky necks on my guitars which was one of the deciding factors in my purchase. When I left off playing all those decades ago, PRS was a brand-new company. Now, I am looking forward to getting another one as soon as I save up enough nickels! Glad to be here!

Back